Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

next week will be the big test. i hope bucks does not get too fazed if we get phased out of the game in the midst of an out of cycle phase of the full moon.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am

Pies owe the Bloozers - we still will have a few key players such as Faz and Adams out most likely although they are getting closer - but the team that played against Freo can do the job.

I am expecting no changes for next week... except a bigger crowd!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:20 am

John Wren wrote:
next week will be the big test. i hope bucks does not get too fazed if we get phased out of the game in the midst of an out of cycle phase of the full moon.

A night game, too. I hope they have the light-meters out early. We must get to the bottom of whether the players actually respond to the amount of light, rather than tidal fluctuations - we can't risk having a game plan based on phases of the moon if that isn't the real driver behind our performance. Good coaches understand these subtleties.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:39 am

^ so, now you're saying it's something in the waters that will get us over the line? no wonder coaching is a tough gig. need a king tide next week.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:45 am

Hopefully, we get first use of the tide and it turns again at three-quarter time.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:50 am

and may the dark side of the moon face the blues all night.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:56 am

I'm starting to be just a little concerned that you may not be taking this issue seriously, JW.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm starting to be just a little concerned that you may not be taking this issue seriously, JW.

i was thinking of posting on a less serious note about what a win next week would do to our ladder position should the dees and blues lose their next couple of games. granted we have the gws coming off a bye the week after next. it is feasible yet improbable we could end up on the fringes of the eight and also be in a position to influence its composition.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:19 pm

I expect to win this one.
It is the GWS game which has grabbed my attention.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

JW P4S has a point with the lunar cycle influencing our fortunes
Planning and testing of lunar modules commenced in 1955. There were several journey into space before it was decided to venture to the moon.
Since they began this space race it has affected the lunar stability of the continuous and disrupted the magnetic field surrounding the planet.
Everyone knows since 1955 our fortunes have been controlled by forces beyond our control. This was only made worse in July 1969 when Neil Armstrong a noted Carlton fan stuck that flag in the moon. This flag while supposedly being a representative of mans greatest achievement was actually a scum flag in disguise sending out magnetic interference thus affecting the moons cycle phase.
Look at 1970 for the proof.
In 1990 it was found the battery pack had run out and the moons cycle had returned to normal as did the AFL premiership cycle with us winning. The battery was then replaced lasting another 20yrs (are you following the cycle and phase here every 20yrs in battery life ?)
Now I'm not saying we should send someone to the moon to remove the flag but I am saying we should speak with Kim Jong-un if he has any spare nuclear warheads we could use to destroy the flag with.
This has been a conspiracy at the highest level all the way from brown paper bag park to the pentagon and all stops in between.
Just proves 2 things
Carlscum will stop at nothing to cheat us out of flags
And Buckely is fighting against celestial forces beyond the control of any person
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:28 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
I was leaning towards getting rid of Bux with our games earlier in the year - but that has changed when I have seen what the Pies are capable of with the victory over the cats... key injuries against the dogs cost the team that winning momentum however the quality and gamestyle was evident... we can do it - Bux does have a clue and now we just need time for it to happen - which it will!

Bux is the man for the job - he needs a little luck with injuries but the young guys will be getting better each week and we will be a force by next year - the dramas and issues will make Bux and the group much stronger... Dave and others are entitled to their opinion but they are wrong as I was previously - Bux is the man and will be a premiership coach in 2018 after a strong finals showing in 2017... The last month of 2016 will show we are the real deal!

Yes, i keep saying it too Bucks doubters ad nauseum, i would just like, really really like, to see what Bucks could do, in one season, next season, with a nearly fully fit and health list at his disposal. ??

THAT is all i ask for, as i think he has us on the right track. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

JW P4S has a point with the lunar cycle influencing our fortunes
Planning and testing of lunar modules commenced in 1955. There were several journey into space before it was decided to venture to the moon.
Since they began this space race it has affected the lunar stability of the continuous and disrupted the magnetic field surrounding the planet.
Everyone knows since 1955 our fortunes have been controlled by forces beyond our control. This was only made worse in July 1969 when Neil Armstrong a noted Carlton fan stuck that flag in the moon. This flag while supposedly being a representative of mans greatest achievement was actually a scum flag in disguise sending out magnetic interference thus affecting the moons cycle phase.
Look at 1970 for the proof.
In 1990 it was found the battery pack had run out and the moons cycle had returned to normal as did the AFL premiership cycle with us winning. The battery was then replaced lasting another 20yrs (are you following the cycle and phase here every 20yrs in battery life ?)
Now I'm not saying we should send someone to the moon to remove the flag but I am saying we should speak with Kim Jong-un if he has any spare nuclear warheads we could use to destroy the flag with.
This has been a conspiracy at the highest level all the way from brown paper bag park to the pentagon and all stops in between.
Just proves 2 things
Carlscum will stop at nothing to cheat us out of flags
And Buckely is fighting against celestial forces beyond the control of any person

Whatever your on, this ol hippie wants some. Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Just stop mocking,PnC! Some of us are trying to have a serious conversation about how we can improve our team's performance. Qldmagpie67 has offered a serious, thought-provoking and - frankly - refreshing analysis of what has gone wrong at Collingwood since the beginnings of manned space flight. If he's right, we must look past sacking Davoren to find a solution. If its nuclear warheads to be aimed at the Moon, so be it. Ours is the largest sporting club in Australia and this sort of big-picture thinking is appropriate. I'm presently working on a shortlist of Nicksters and media commentators who might be selected for the privilege of holding the thermonuclear device to ensure it is adequately directed at the offending flag on impact. I suggest you do the same.

If this works, Collingwood by 19 points.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 pm

It's been a year from hell but we got through last night with no injuries that I know of. Same team that beat the shockers should do the same to the scum and we will bag another victory. Pies by 30.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 pm

P4S your right this conspiracy runs deep. How some posters can not take this seriously is ludicrous.
I've spent the day with several for forensic scientists and historians tracing the roots of this lunar imbalance
Our research has revealed some horrifying and some what bizarre lengths the Carlton football club have gone to to create this lunar cycle phase that now unsettles the Collingwood team
Let me show you the chain of evidence which can't be denied as the facts in this matter

It starts in 267bc when a then 20yr old Archmedes starts researching the variations in metals and ores thus creating the first known ways or means of forging melts or the basis there of
Fast forward to 1472 when a then 22yr old DaVinci starts drawings of the moon and winged horses flying to the moon. He then goes a step forward to designing winged craft which form the basis of travel via the air which we have today.
In 1584 a 26yr old Galileo starts mapping a path to the moon for the would be travellers
In 1715 Benjamin Franklin discovers among other things electricity
In 1662 Isaac Newton starts work on the laws of gravity encompassing time travel
In 1811 Englishman Charles Babbage designs what is know known as the first programable computer system
1876 Nikola Telsa invented the induction engine and rotating voltage current both needed in the field of engines
Enter the Wright Bros who decided it was possible to actually have a vehicle be able to travel through the air over vast distances.
During WWII German scientist Wernher Von Braun invented the famed V2 rocket to be used for the purposes of sending bombs to England. Captured by the Americans he then turned this noble idea into the hideous craft that then become the a manned rocket.
When Sputnik launched with Yuri Gagarin aboard our fate was sealed.
Enter the evil mastermind of the Collingwood curse one Neil Armstrong or as his known among the carlscum faithful Neil baby.
If one needs any more proof than this then one should really take a hard look at ones self.
Until the nuclear attack can be launched upon the moon our luck won't change. I plead with all true magpie supporters to send a heart felt letter to Kim Jong-Un and beg for a spare nuclear warhead so we can right this travesty
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: