Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies destroy Dockers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

GoWoodsmen wrote:
As an aside.... anyone else worried about Varcoe's spot in the team? 8 touches. Put's a lot of pressure on... but that aside.... is he doing enough. Probably a better question is who would come in and offer more!

Varcoe was better than the stats indicate. He could quite easily have had a few frees and opportunities to kick goals, He was unselfish all night and he will receive maximum Copeland votes because his efforts kept the ball in our forward line.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:47 am

A very pleasing win considering the two previous performances had been insipid, albeit Fremantle isn't a great team so I don't think we should be boasting, but they were on a three-match winning streak so that's a positive.

Loved seeing the youngsters running around and playing hard football. Tom Philips looks like a real find and it would be great to see him continue playing in the seniors. Grundy was outstanding in the ruck and really cementing that spot for the foreseeable future.

The third quarter was poor as we remained goalless, but the last quarter was great and the first half was solid and in reality we should have been further in front had we not wasted chances in front of goal.

Fremantle were never in the contest from the start, so I never felt like our lead was ever threatened at any stage. Plenty of positives to digest in what was a very cold night overall.

There's still many concerns but I'll leave that for another time. I'm just happy to be back on the winners list.

GoWoodsmen wrote:
OK I was being optimistic but called a 45 point win.... I'll take it. So glad I went and was part of the smallest crowd since 1940.

It was a privilege being there. Such a weird feeling considering how small the crowd was but it was unique at the same time and something we may not see for many years to be honest.

I just cannot get over how cold it was tonight.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:43 am

Considering some round here thought wed lose, It was a good victory against the odds, real guts and dour hard at it determination. Some very good signs, far better effort than the previous two games, aside from an average third qtr we looked really ON all night, and treloar is a gun, worth every penny or pick we paid for him, hes gonna be one of the all time greats for the Pies, make no mistake. yeh, good win, now the Bucks bashers can take a bit of a sojourn for at least a few days.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:34 am

we won..im pissed..i'll take that
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 am

Well we won and that's always good.
Standard wasn't a high class game but I thought the longer the game went the more settled and unrushed we seemed.
The last term was very pleasing. We could have just shut up shop and held on for a 2-3 goal win but we kept attacking the ball and doing all the little things.
Really happy for Travis he showed tonight why he is so valuable to this team.
With Brown back in defence allowed Marsh Howe Reid to leave there man and intercept at will.
Really excited about Phillips and Smith both showed again they are going to be good players.
Greenwood should be given the award for most annoying tagger ever he never gave Neale a inch all night and was also important getting some himself
Grundy was so dominate in all aspects was great
We didn't have a bad player really everyone did there job and that's pleasing. Treloar is interesting he had loads of it and worked his butt off both ways but his disposal at times was iffy but heck he just seems to pop up every time a team mate is looking for a option to kick or handball to
Overall it was a good platform and hopefully will lead to continued improvement and who knows how many more wins we can get if we show up with the same desire every quarter for the rest of the year
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:27 am

Best stat of the night

Collingwood injuries: nil

seemed like a hard game - freezing conditions and lots of fumbling.

some good positives - the younger/new guys were good Smith, Phillips, Maynard, Aish and Treloar

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 am

Best stat of the night

seemed like a hard game - freezing conditions and lots of fumbling.

some good positives - the younger/new guys were good Smith, Phillips, Maynard, Aish and Treloar

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am

Some may good positives - the youngernew guys were good Smith Phillips Maynard Aish and Treloar, but not all.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:49 am

HAL wrote:
Some may good positives - the youngernew guys were good Smith Phillips Maynard Aish and Treloar, but not all.

Phillip Dick is my favourite

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:51 am

Big T wrote:
Loved Phillips. Easily the highlight.

Treloar good but disposal at times quite poor.

Blair just keeps fumbling and falling over, effort is first class but he aint AFL standard and the whole world knows that.

Freo were so bad I am sure they must have fixed the match.

Philips was great, Treloar spectacular. Give the kid a break, he will be a superstar, and was easily our best mid, if not player last night. That chase down after he lost the ball was simply sensational. This kid was worth way more than he cost us. He will be an absolute superstar.

As for the ongoing crap with Blair, well that makes me laugh today! Yeah he fell over a bit, he dropped a mark or two, with towering players over him! But by gees watch what else he did, some very handy taps, a couple of really important goal assists. And dare I say it, he did far more than our captain, (who apparently wasn't well last night. ) it's a team sport guys, you need grunt soldiers too, and Blair is the one you want, he simply never quits. Take him out and you will see just how much he's missed.

Highlight was seeing a confident Trav. When he leads out to the side, they can't catch him, and he out marks on strength, don't play him in the square, play him just to the side and let him lead. That was a $£$%^%%$ amazing goal last night, it was cold, wet, the ball heavy and slippery, just brilliant.

Jordan DeGoey also cops a lot of crap, I'm guessing he will be the go to boy once Blair retires as a premiership player champion should, on his own terms. But the kid never stops trying. A bargain this kid.

Cox is so entertaining to watch! You can't help but giggle sometimes! He's so bloody awkward! But for a big man, he sure can move!

I thought Brown played his best game in a while. And how much better do we look with Reid back? Howe was just a brilliant get. Gives that seniority and experience to the back line.

Varcoe is fading for sure, but he did a couple of things in close last night that were just beautiful to watch. Just like Pendles, who did the most beautiful hand pass ever as two players came at him from both sides. Just pure class.

Grundy played well. He seems to be moving better. I've felt for a while he was playing a bit sore from something.

Last night was tough, it's been a bitch week, it was utterly freezing if you had shorts and a thin top on, it was wet, and there was none of the usual noise our guys are used too. Freo were coming in off three straight. Don't underestimate that confidence boost. And usually we lose after the bye. And don't get me started on the no Collingwood free rule when it comes to holding on Cloke, great tackles-no reward, gees. How do they sleep at night!

Cheers,

Go Pies!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:04 am

ronrat wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
As an aside.... anyone else worried about Varcoe's spot in the team? 8 touches. Put's a lot of pressure on... but that aside.... is he doing enough. Probably a better question is who would come in and offer more!

Varcoe was better than the stats indicate. He could quite easily have had a few frees and opportunities to kick goals, He was unselfish all night and he will receive maximum Copeland votes because his efforts kept the ball in our forward line.

agree with this. thought he was very good last night. he gives you confidence he'll tip his 50/50 contests into his favour.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:06 am

Lots of positives for the short term future and longer term future...

Grundy is improving around the ground and in the ruck - for a big guys he has very good hands when the ball is on the ground!

Marsh was marking well and when combined with Reid and Howe we have some real strong backs in the air...

Phillips, DeGoey, Aish, Smith, Treloar all good games from newbies... very encouraging... and Maynard very good also - I really believe our 20-24 year olds are developing very nicely and when the team brings the right intensity and pressure to the opposition we are always a chance Smile

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:54 am

For whomever asked... Tom Phillips = Dale Lewis
Daz 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:58 am

think better wrote:
Best stat of the night

Very true.
Closely followed by beer spilt on shirt = nil

lifes good Cool
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:26 am

skaman wrote:
we won..im pissed..i'll take that

One of the great lines of all time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: