Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Annus Horribilis: What a crap year for Pies fans!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Dekka Hine you have apparently rebuffed a 5 year deal to join the Tigers and would have only done so on the basis that your future is somewhat guaranteed at Collingwood.

As such this trade period is a time to weave some magic, earn your bucks and package up some players and picks to secure us some early draft talent (father sons aside)...

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm

loki04 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Not getting a first round pick.
Missing out of a pick 3 or 4.
The horror, the horror.

Yeah not sure how he missed that one, in light of the year from hell usually you would have a top 5 pick to soove your woes but we don't even have that.

We may have given up pick 3 and 7 for Treloar, he is great young player put GWS have made out very well from that trade.

On Treloar I don't believe we are getting the best out of him, we should be using him as a center break mid and line breaker instead he is often in the pack dishing out or flat footed when receiving and needing to handball off.

We have 3 of the best outside mids in the comp in Pendles and Sidey and Treloar.
FFS use them in this way.
Not in the packs day after day.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 pm

thompsoc wrote:
loki04 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The horror, the horror.

Yeah not sure how he missed that one, in light of the year from hell usually you would have a top 5 pick to soove your woes but we don't even have that.

We may have given up pick 3 and 7 for Treloar, he is great young player put GWS have made out very well from that trade.

On Treloar I don't believe we are getting the best out of him, we should be using him as a center break mid and line breaker instead he is often in the pack dishing out or flat footed when receiving and needing to handball off.

We have 3 of the best outside mids in the comp in Pendles and Sidey and Treloar.

Agreed mate. Time to bring in Rupert Wills for some on ball grunt.

ps: our mate Blair has just had his 64th life at the selection table!! Smile

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:06 pm

inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
loki04 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The horror, the horror.

I am going to the vfl tomorrow and I will be watching Wills with a hawk eye.
As for our mate Blair.
8 goals in 12 matches this year and so many posters saying he has had his best year since 2010 and 2011.
Mate how could anyone say that.
Time to go to spec savers!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm

thompsoc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
loki04 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The horror, the horror.

As for our mate Blair.
8 goals in 12 matches this year and so many posters saying he has had his best year since 2010 and 2011.

Pies fans are often:

* too forgiving & accepting of mediocrity
* rate our own like real estate agents
* risk and aggressive trade averse!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:02 pm

think positive wrote:
One positive

We smashed Geeeeeefrickenlong

How we managed to do that, I'll never know. We must have caught Geelong off-guard on a bad day. It's still a remarkable victory and demonstrates the talent we have, so there is hope in that respect.

However, I think major changes need to be made and considered in the football department and that includes the senior coaching job if appropriate.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:04 pm

inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
loki04 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The horror, the horror.

As for our mate Blair.

Pies fans are often:

* too forgiving & accepting of mediocrity
* rate our own like real estate agents
* risk and aggressive trade averse!

You forgot love an underdog/work horse.

He gets love by some purely based off being a player many would like to see dropped/usurped.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:02 am

No need to panic... young players coming through are very encouraging - best young crop I have seen at the pies since the late 80's when the young pies (born 67-6Cool were coming through together winning the u19 flag and ultimately helping to contribute to our flag in 1990.

Our group of 24 to 20 year old are top shelf... Faz and Elliott are going to get healthy and when they do they will be a very damaging duo... the young guys like Thomas, Crocker and Phillips have shown something already - with the tank that Phillips has combined with his reading of the play he is an unexpected gun...

The young big guys are fantastic - grundy and Moore even Marsh showed us he can mark and with his pace will be a dominant backman for many years... no need to panic - in the middle Adams, Treloar Crisp, Sidey De Goey are al young and will get better over the next year or two...

I think the young guys down back like Ramsay and Maynard are looking great Sinclari and WIlliams have the run and rebound needed in modern footy - HOwe joins Marsh and Reid to provide guys down back who can mark a footy.

No need to panic and push for drastic changes - that was the pressure at Geelong back in 2006 just b4 Thompson managed to get a young team to gel with some older stars and begin a dynasty of top quality footy... the pies are close - some luck with injuries would be nice however the depth is starting to build from the years of adversity - we have given a lot of kids a sniff - we have also given a lot of older guys like White and CLoke a second chance and I think they will hang around with Pendles and Reid to be part of the resurgent Collingwood!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:43 pm

The list is fine. I think it will continue to develop well but I worry about whether our current coach is the one to lead them to the promised land.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: