Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie to be President or In Media. Not Both?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Eddie have to Give up 1 Job
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 26 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 61

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Eddie will resign eventually, he will know when his time is up, but he need not resign over this purely storm in a teacup hoo hah.

All this saga needed was an apology, straight away from the MMM team. Simple as that. I'd only suggest Ed be sacked if he stubbornly dug his heels in and refused to back down.

Apologise for telling a joke, that would not have offended Robbo one iota, or any other male journo, yeh, ok whatever. Rolling Eyes

Who cares about Robbo, it offended Caro who was the target of the joke.

I guess the jokes on Brodie Panlock were funny too hey PnC? Robbo would probably not be offended by those jokes too.

Umm, who the heck is brodie panlock, never heard of him, sorry. Jokes based on race, religion, or the disabled are way out of line, absolutely, but this was way, way not in that ballpark, Caro is supposed to be a tough nut journo, she has totally overreacted as usual, plays the victim, but we agree to not agree, I guess.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:46 pm

neil wrote:
DTM you do realise that the president is an unpaid job?
Do you understand that every other president Collingwood has had also worked?
Do you understand that the presidents of every other club also have jobs?

Brayshaw is president of North and has a job in the media did you know that?

Yes - But Eddie said he loves Collingwood the Most.

How did Brayshaw get off Scott Free?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:57 pm

35forever wrote:
I want Eddie and his best mate dumped for the disasters they've brought upon us since 2012, but I DONT accept this piddling comment as a reason to dump him or anyone else. Caro is a <snip>, everyone knows that, Collingwood supporters know it better than most. The comment was NOT aimed at her because of her sex, but because she's a hack journo who hates Collingwood!
How come he got into no trouble when he offered violence to Slobbo a month or two ago.
So apparently, its fine to bash healthy white males, but NO one else! If they can claim any sort of alliegance to any minority. Slobbo is fat, why weren't the comments aimed at him anti-fat?

If we can no longer tell he difference between a mild joke and domestic violence we might as well give up consuming media of any kind.

I'm actually disappointed that Ed folded and apologised rather than stick up for himself. It WAS clearly a joke, nothing more. It was NOT aimed at Caro because of her sex. It is ONLY news because it was Eddie. If Darcy hadve made the comment on his own nothing would have ensued. Grow a backbone McGuire, tell the media to get stuffed, and sack Buckley!

Danny Frawley said he would Drown Caro but he get's off Scott Free.

Pathetic by the Media yet again

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
35forever wrote:
I want Eddie and his best mate dumped for the disasters they've brought upon us since 2012, but I DONT accept this piddling comment as a reason to dump him or anyone else. Caro is a <snip>, everyone knows that, Collingwood supporters know it better than most. The comment was NOT aimed at her because of her sex, but because she's a hack journo who hates Collingwood!
How come he got into no trouble when he offered violence to Slobbo a month or two ago.
So apparently, its fine to bash healthy white males, but NO one else! If they can claim any sort of alliegance to any minority. Slobbo is fat, why weren't the comments aimed at him anti-fat?

If we can no longer tell he difference between a mild joke and domestic violence we might as well give up consuming media of any kind.

I'm actually disappointed that Ed folded and apologised rather than stick up for himself. It WAS clearly a joke, nothing more. It was NOT aimed at Caro because of her sex. It is ONLY news because it was Eddie. If Darcy hadve made the comment on his own nothing would have ensued. Grow a backbone McGuire, tell the media to get stuffed, and sack Buckley!

Danny Frawley said he would Drown Caro but he get's off Scott Free.

Pathetic by the Media yet again

Thing is Dave, Frawley is not with the PIes, thus he does not count, the media need a good ol Pies bashing story, and this is a ripper of one, you know we are the most hated club in the league, so this is manna from heaven for the biased media and Magpie haters, like Wilson herself. Surprised

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:04 pm

It's pretty sad how a fund raiser for motor neurone disease turned into the Eddie and Caro show. I wish they'd both retire.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Longer this Goes the More Likely it looks Like Eddie will have to Leave
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 am

Dave The Man wrote:

He won't leave. It will be dead and buried in a few days, then the next storm in a teacup will start.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Nope, he ain't going anywhere (well, not like this, anyway).

Now, if Holden did actually walk, then that would be a different story. But Holden aren't leaving over this, I'll give you the tip there, so it's a moot point.

What worries me is that McGuire himself has become our own version of General Motors. Too big to fail...

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:00 am

I just get tired of how selfish and indulgent this whole lot of rubbish is.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:10 pm

I don't blame eddie for taking a few days holiday with his fam, good on him for getting away from this madhouse media lynch mob. If I were him on his return, I would wipe both Caro and Robbo, never say a word, not one word, to either of them, no interviews, nothing. And our players and Board should wipe them too, tell them zilch. He should button up, say no more jibes or jokes, id go very quiet, even on radio. Drop right out of the spotlight, from now on, as most League Presidents do, society has no sense of humour now anyway, so he may as well shut up shop.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I don't blame eddie for taking a few days holiday with his fam, good on him for getting away from this madhouse media lynch mob. If I were him on his return, I would wipe both Caro and Robbo, never say a word, not one word, to either of them, no interviews, nothing. And our players and Board should wipe them too, tell them zilch. He should button up, say no more jibes or jokes, id go very quiet, even on radio. Drop right out of the spotlight, from now on, as most League Presidents do, society has no sense of humour now anyway, so he may as well shut up shop.

Perfectly well stated.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 pm

I agree with that amazingly good looking fella at training, on the channel 9 news tonight.

"Eddie has been great for Collingwood, he has lots of credits in the bank and we are sure he will bounce back".
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm
Post subject: Re: Eddie to be President or In Media. Not Both?Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
With Eddie putting his Foot in His Mouth ....Again.

So does he need to Decide which one or Can he Keep Both

Good question. I think he should give up the MMM job. Everynow & then he stuffs up & being with the other bogan boys in a pack such as the MMM environment he loses judgment and can be accused of believing his own hype.

I feel sorry for Ed, his wife & kids. I don't want to see him go out like this. However is this one gaffe too many?

Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:11 pm
Post subject: How RediculousReply with quote

If it were not for Eddie's media experience I doubt he would have been able to get us out of the Red as quickly as he did. All of us owe Eddie a huge amount for the financial stability he has brought to a Club that was broke when he commenced his Presidency.

Had the comments been made about a male personality like Slobbo, I can't imagine anything would have been said, although all of us have to realise the extent of the politically correct push with particular emphasis on women and people of colour. Caro has written and said some disgusting things about many involved in the AFL, and yet nothing is said against HER.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Eddie to be President or In Media. Not Both?Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
With Eddie putting his Foot in His Mouth on MMM Again. Nothing Terrible but still silly to say on Radio.

He had said some Silly think on before and the Big 2 I can remember:

Saying GWS was the Land of the Felafal

Saying Goodes looked like King Kong. After him Pointing out the Young Pies Fan

So does he need to choose 1 out of these 2:

1 - He gives up his Presdency. So he can stay on Love Radio/TV so it Separated Himself from Collingwood

2- Give up his Live TV/Radio Career so he does not say any Silly(Foot in Mouth Problem) things on Radio

So does he need to Decide which one or Can he Keep Both

You attack our President then hide behind that gutless question! Clearly you want him sacked. I presume you prefer a President like Penny Wong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: