Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dockers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to see Aish and Brown in the team, and I'm not too disappointed that Witts and Frost have been dropped. A spell in the reserves might do Frost a world of good and I've been frustrated with Witts for a while now.

I'm somewhat concerned that bringing in Travis this week especially with the predicted rain forecast is setting him up to fail again, similar to the game against Port Adelaide where the wet conditions didn't suit the tall forwards.

I'm happy that Travis is back in the team, but I don't think tomorrow is going to be a good night for forwards for both teams and regardless of how he performs I think he needs more than one game to regain his old form which has been missing for a year.

Disappointed that Crocker isn't playing as I think the conditions would have suited him.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
didick wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
didick wrote:
So Clokey plays six weeks in the VFL, gets a recall, gets dropped after the one game, and then his performance back in the VFL justifies a recall according to Bucks? One game?
I find that hard to swallow.
The mystifying approach to selection continues. There will be no admission he got in wrong by not selecting Clokely for the Dees game.

A players place in the team is not just dependent upon his form, but also on matters of team balance. The main reason Cloke was dropped for the last game was to enable us to trial Witts, Grundy, Cox and White in the same team. If Cloke returns tomorrow, I'd expect Witts and/or Cox to be omitted.

Well that (trial) may well be the case, but it was never going to work. We all knew that. Reiterating my argument of poor selection. A recurring theme.

You're entitled to that view. I thought Cloke deserved to be dropped on both occasions, due to poor efforts. However, I thought his last VFL game, in heavy conditions, was terrific and he seemed to have finally realised the intensity required of him to get a senior recall. I think Bucks has handled Cloke with class.

Trial did actually work in the 1st quarter. Fell apart after that as much as anything because we got netted in the midfield from 1/4 time.
loch 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:08 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Is this a line in the sand game?

Those games have been and gone.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Been a stack put on the Pies. Backed in to $1.75 for this and I reckon the money is spot on.
We'll crush this mob, Pies by 27 points.

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Freo by 17. They are confident and we are especially crap after the bye and I personally believe due to a shocking club culture, the players have already packed up for the year.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Big T wrote:
Freo by 17. They are confident and we are especially crap after the bye and I personally believe due to a shocking club culture, the players have already packed up for the year.

I forgot about how crap we have been after the bye.
If we can't beat freo with it's spine out.
Then we deserve to be on the bottom of the ladder.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:02 am

Skids wrote:
Been a stack put on the Pies. Backed in to $1.75 for this and I reckon the money is spot on.
We'll crush this mob, Pies by 27 points.

Seriously? 27?
Meh

6 goals.

Go Pies

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:11 am

If there's a lot of rain about I'd expect Cox to be omitted and Macaffer come in as a mid sized forward. In wet conditions, Cloke and White are all we'll need as tall forwards. Caff is strong and his lack of pace won't matter so much in the wet.

Pies by 20 points.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:42 am

RudeBoy wrote:
If there's a lot of rain about I'd expect Cox to be omitted and Macaffer come in as a mid sized forward. In wet conditions, Cloke and White are all we'll need as tall forwards. Caff is strong and his lack of pace won't matter so much in the wet.

Pies by 20 points.

Yep

Cloke 5 goals and 5 votes,
Blair to star. Razz
Reid to stop 10 and kick 5
Pendles to make me feel guilty (head over the ball son, and hit somebody)
1 for Aish

Cmon, we got this! (Shit home seats aren't under cover!)

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:44 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Pies by 20 points.

I'm actually surprised Caff is in the mix, didn't think his VFL form was anything special. Is there a chance they'll bring in Tooves? Would free up either Reid or Howe to go forward and give us extra cover for their small forwards.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:09 am

I have changed my tune and tip, now I know tonight will be freezing and wet at the ground, I really believe we will handle the shocking conditions better than the purple haze. I also think, after the week from hell for eddie, the players may bond over this, and have a determined mindset, a kind of lets do it for eddie, type thing. I really hope we can win and jamm it up the media, expecially Julia Wilson, aka caro. !

IN a dour and no holds barred game, the Pies by 14 points .

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: