Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dockers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's bring back Cloke and Brown and debut Wills. Make a statement that we want mongrel and grunt from our team.

Out goes, Witts, Blair and Frost.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:38 pm

The Dockers to chalk up another win. Our Season has been over for over a month and I am sure the players can't wait until it's finally over. There are too many injuries to cover and the blokes who are running out are looking towards the 2017 season and could not give a toss about this year. Throw in the plethora of distractions off field the season is plain and simply stuffed. I predict a crowd of 20000 Friday night in blizzard conditions.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Culprit wrote:
The Dockers to chalk up another win. Our Season has been over for over a month and I am sure the players can't wait until it's finally over. There are too many injuries to cover and the blokes who are running out are looking towards the 2017 season and could not give a toss about this year. Throw in the plethora of distractions off field the season is plain and simply stuffed. I predict a crowd of 20000 Friday night in blizzard conditions.

Yeh, look its very depressing really, I was going too go, but now I just dunno, I live a fair way out from the G, not sure I'm up to hauling arse all the way in there, freezing my butt off to see us lose yet again, this time to these purple ponces, who are in winning form now. Losing heart now, the Port and Deees losses gutted me, not sure its worth the effort now, just to witness another defeat. Definitely wont be going the following week, v Caaaaarlton, could not stand to see us lose to them again, and with our injury riddled team, I cant see us winning against them. Dollar Daisy could turn it on, and that would be the nightmare of all. Yeh, the season cannot now end soon enough, just play the kids, get our injured stars back, and maybe we could round the year off with a few wins, hopefully. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:40 am

Expecting Browny to return for Pav and possibly another 1 or 2 of the experienced players - Toovey and Goldy being the most likely

Possibly White Frost Smith/Crocker to regain some touch. Wittsy don't know. Have a feeling the conditions will suit Crock and we look short on for goal kickers.

Doubt its the week to drop Blair with a wet track and for the same reason wonder whether Aish would be best served coming back for Carlton.

Expecting we will win easily.
Our defence will dominate led by Brayds and Jono.

Too much pressure on the forwards to hold their spot with Fas and Tay looking almost ready to go should see us desperate enough if we can get our attacking setups right for the conditions and personnel. Want to see Sidey running deep forward a lot - he can win it off his own boot.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Are we playing for the Medhurst- Tarrant Cup??

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:50 pm

I hope the selectors get serious this week and ring the changes not in terms of ins and outs but more so positional changes as well.
We've had to many good players down for long periods leaving the heavy lifting to Pendles and Treloar. The likes of Sidebottom Varcoe Greenwood Crisp need to shoulder much more of the work load.
As I've said before the second half of the year is about getting our structures right for a decent crack in 2017. These last 10 games could decide the fate of the coach and a few players.
Just decide who the best 22 we have remaining regardless of current form stick them in and back them to do the job week after week.
I would be bold at selection this week and this would be my side.

B Williams Brown Maynard
HB Howe Reid Smith
C Treloar Greenwood Crisp
HF Varcoe Cloke Crocker
F Sidebottom Cox Blair
R Grundy Pendles DeGoey
Int Phillips Wills White Aish

This leaves us with 3 mids on the bench to heap constant pressure of Freo and keep our midfield rolling. Aish must play on the ball. We can spell Treloar or Pendles forward as well. Sidey and Varcoe go forward as they are probably our 2 best goal sneaks who can read the play at the drop of the ball at Cloke or Cox's feet also gives us some chase and tackle pressure in the forward line.
Greenwood gets Neale and I would give Crisp the job on Barlow who has been playing a run with role the past couple games.
Give Phillips and Wills games now can't hurt only help there development.
Brown Reid Howe down back with Williams Maynard Smith so we should be able to effect some decent match ups.
The weather forecast means it should be a scrappy ole affair so will be won around the contest and being able to make the ball forward at any cost hence why I went with the 3 mids. I wouldn't mind seeing White even have a run on the ball. His athletic enough to do so and his body size might be handy clearing a path for Treloar or Pendles. DeGoey should play on the ball and as a switch up even give Maynard a run for 5 minutes a term in the middle with Varcoe going back. Maynard has the toughness for it and we need some in and under grunt.
Just mix things up do the unexpected make them have to change things around it can't hurt that's for sure
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I hope the selectors get serious this week and ring the changes not in terms of ins and outs but more so positional changes as well.
We've had to many good players down for long periods leaving the heavy lifting to Pendles and Treloar. The likes of Sidebottom Varcoe Greenwood Crisp need to shoulder much more of the work load.
As I've said before the second half of the year is about getting our structures right for a decent crack in 2017. These last 10 games could decide the fate of the coach and a few players.
Just decide who the best 22 we have remaining regardless of current form stick them in and back them to do the job week after week.

B Williams Brown Maynard
HB Howe Reid Smith
HF Varcoe Cloke Crocker
F Sidebottom Cox Blair
R Grundy Pendles DeGoey

This leaves us with 3 mids on the bench to heap constant pressure of Freo and keep our midfield rolling. Aish must play on the ball. We can spell Treloar or Pendles forward as well. Sidey and Varcoe go forward as they are probably our 2 best goal sneaks who can read the play at the drop of the ball at Cloke or Cox's feet also gives us some chase and tackle pressure in the forward line.
Greenwood gets Neale and I would give Crisp the job on Barlow who has been playing a run with role the past couple games.
Brown Reid Howe down back with Williams Maynard Smith so we should be able to effect some decent match ups.
The weather forecast means it should be a scrappy ole affair so will be won around the contest and being able to make the ball forward at any cost hence why I went with the 3 mids. I wouldn't mind seeing White even have a run on the ball. His athletic enough to do so and his body size might be handy clearing a path for Treloar or Pendles. DeGoey should play on the ball and as a switch up even give Maynard a run for 5 minutes a term in the middle with Varcoe going back. Maynard has the toughness for it and we need some in and under grunt.
Just mix things up do the unexpected make them have to change things around it can't hurt that's for sure

I do like Sinclair out qm but have to play Jono Marsh !
Totally agreed about getting Maynard further up the ground when the opportunity arises whilst his confidence is on the build.
I reckon we have a gun on our hands.

Dare say he reminds me a lot of Pants.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:37 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

B Williams Brown Maynard
HB Howe Reid Smith
HF Varcoe Cloke Crocker
F Sidebottom Cox Blair
R Grundy Pendles DeGoey

I do like Sinclair out qm but have to play Jono Marsh !
Totally agreed about getting Maynard further up the ground when the opportunity arises whilst his confidence is on the build.
I reckon we have a gun on our hands.

Dare say he reminds me a lot of Pants.

Marsh would have got a run except for it supposedly going to be wet so went with a extra small running thpe instead of a medium/tall
I think Maynard is more a midfielder than a HBF his body type and hardness makes him a ideal foil to work with Adams IMO
I just like his endeavour he just keeps on trying his guts out. Closer to the action using his hard body and determination means we can keep Pendles Treloar Sidey Varcoe on the outside to use the skill. Plus he could clear a path if someone tries to tag Pendles or Treloar to hard.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:47 am

Why not try this:

B Marley Williams Nathan J. Brown Josh Smith
HB Adam Oxley Jesse White Brayden Maynard
C Travis Varcoe Levi Greenwood Jack Crisp
HF Jeremy Howe Ben Reid Scott Pendlebury
F Jordan De Goey Mason Cox Ben Crocker
Foll Brodie Grundy Steele Sidebottom Adam Treloar
I Brent Macaffer James Aish Tom Phillips Jarryd Blair
Em Jarrod Witts Travis Cloke Alan Toovey

White has played well in the back line this year - can always switch with Reid if things start to look testy.

Pendles will attract the Barlow tag. Stick him in the forward line and let Barlow try and survive as a defender.

Aish/Levi to interchange as the inside mids.

McCaffer to come in to add some size. I'd use him in the forward line as a medium lead up marking option.

Blair's time to shine - cold and wet. Wee man has to get to work.

Brown back at full back - Frost is looser than a wizards sleeve. Pav doesn't travel I/S; let the big man choke Tabener.

IF they go with 2 rucks, then dump Cox & Brown and bring in Cloke & Witts.

With Varcoe's hammy this year, and the fact that it is going to be -273 degrees, i'd also consider leaving him out and playing Toovey instead.

Rant over.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 am

IT pains me too say it, but I don't think we have a dogs hope in hell of winning this, freo in winning form, we have too many key players out.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:20 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

B Williams Brown Maynard
HB Howe Reid Smith
HF Varcoe Cloke Crocker
F Sidebottom Cox Blair
R Grundy Pendles DeGoey

Yep, def like the look of that team (given who is available).

No reason to think we are not a really good chance in this one, coming off the break, got a feeling it may be a famous victory

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 pm

So Cloke, Brown & Aish are all coming in
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:33 pm

BBHS wrote:
So Cloke, Brown & Aish are all coming in

Yep just listening to Bucks presser and he actually said you can expect all 3 to come in.

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Good ins but depends who goes out. And is that the full extent or are there others who might be squeezed in?
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Bucks already said Frost is not in 25 and Mason Cox will be named but they will decide based on the weather tomorrow night.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: