Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dockers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Back bucks 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What i`m saying is we have to have faith in Bucks until we get it right.
At the moment we don`t have the " click " factor where all the players are on the same page on the same day. We have to sync a lot better as a team.Actually, a hell of a lot better.

The tackling has to be harder and more consistent and the kicking definately has room for improvement. I`m not talking about the goal kicking, but just in general play.Turn-overs are killing us every week.

It`s all about attitude and confidence matched by your talent out there on the field. I barrack for a country footy team that has been in the Grand final of their league for 5 years` in a row and won the last 3 premierships.They are closing in on winning 50 games straight. They have a belief that they can win and they do it every week.

Stay positive peoples and we will have our time.

Can`t we make the finals by winning every game ? I must have mis-calculated.

If i were Ed writing this, i wouldn`t be bagging the Succ plan !!!

Who is Jez ?

I`m not familiar with the story ,but why did we really get rid of Paul Seedsman ? Does anyone know ?

Back Bucks

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:28 am

Back bucks wrote:
What i`m saying is we have to have faith in Bucks until we get it right.
At the moment we don`t have the " click " factor where all the players are on the same page on the same day. We have to sync a lot better as a team.Actually, a hell of a lot better.

The tackling has to be harder and more consistent and the kicking definately has room for improvement. I`m not talking about the goal kicking, but just in general play.Turn-overs are killing us every week.

It`s all about attitude and confidence matched by your talent out there on the field. I barrack for a country footy team that has been in the Grand final of their league for 5 years` in a row and won the last 3 premierships.They are closing in on winning 50 games straight. They have a belief that they can win and they do it every week.

Stay positive peoples and we will have our time.

Can`t we make the finals by winning every game ? I must have mis-calculated.

If i were Ed writing this, i wouldn`t be bagging the Succ plan !!!

Who is Jez ?

I`m not familiar with the story ,but why did we really get rid of Paul Seedsman ? Does anyone know ?

Back Bucks

Why did Bux get rid of Paul Seedsman?
Because he was a party boy!
Wouldn't pull his head in the way Bux wanted.
Another victim of the cultural wars.

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Victim of being an average player with a below average IQ, more like it.

The only player that has gone on to make us wish he was still here is Heath.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Dammit, just when we are due to play the Purple ponces they come good, and are now playing good footy. They beat Port, whom smashed us, so I just cant see us winning this now, not with our present large injury list. It has indeed been a very forgettable year. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Seedsman was no great loss, very talented player but has the wrong attitude, glad to be rjd of.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dammit, just when we are due to play the Purple ponces they come good, and are now playing good footy. They beat Port, whom smashed us, so I just cant see us winning this now, not with our present large injury list. It has indeed been a very forgettable year. sigh.

We're probably the 3rd worst team in the comp at present and that's only because of the Bomber sanctions, I think we'll finish 16th and hand over pick 3 in the national draft, what a bloody disaster! Lets extend everyone's contracts.

You like this.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Back bucks wrote:
Good evening ladies and gents. A first time poster ,here ,but don`t take it easy on me .
From my observations , we have to stand back and look at the situation we are in and address it from a positive point of view.

Firstly, Bucks needs the support of everyone from the players right down to the supporters. He has held his head up pretty well and his coaching record is not that different to Mick`s first 100 games. Mick took many years to get the team right before we had a consistent playing group. Don`t talk to me about Ed`s succession plan or Bucks getting rid of the rat pack and offloading the best fullback I have ever seen after Peter Mc Cormack and probably poor old Ronnie Mc Keowan . This upsets me ,but it has happened and now we have to mould another bunch of players to take up the mantle and be the A team of the league.

The players we have are a talented lot individually and need to work for each other to play as a team . Injuries are playing a big part in our demise and exposes the Pie`s lack of depth in allowing players to step into the team when others are unexpectedly sidelined . We should be able to replace injured top guns with similar talent. Are we training our players too hard and they are knackered on the weekend or are they not trained hard enough ?
That aside , the buzz word of the moment at the club is “ passengers “ and rightfully so. These are the things I see that need to be fixed on the field:
How come we play a lot of catch up football after a slow start and usually concede the first goal or two ? Go hard at the first bounce and keep going like that for four quarters .

Read the play. Too many times we gain possession of the ball and lose it to stupid mistakes like handballing to a player who is about to be tackled as soon as he grabs it or mis-kicking straight to an opposition player.
Telegraphing your next move. Happens consistently . Opposition teams know exactly where we are going to kick ,who our target player is and where we are headed with the ball. Have a few options for every situation and try to outsmart the opposition. We aren`t that good at doing that at the moment.Footy is that fast these days and we need to think fast.

Not knowing where we all are . In tight situations like ball-ups ,know where your team mates are at all times. Know where your opponents are ,too. Have a few options when picking the ball out of the pack and try to have runners ready to pounce. I see our opposition do this time and again and the top teams thrive on being really good at it.

No rugby scrums. Footy is not rugby. How many times do we see players grab the ball and head straight into a pack of players thinking they will barge through ? Every team does it and I hate it.

Out of position or losing the bloke you are playing on. Is it just me or have there been more opposition players breaking free from our blokes and doing as they please this year ? I mainly refer to the backline ,but also on the wings. We need to Tag harder and not let these players off the leash so easily .Too many easy marks,not enough spoiling and opposition forwards getting too much space to run riot . Jack Frost tries hard and is slipping a little bit ,but he will come good again, I think. Reidy is Reidy and you can`t fault him. Makes very few mistakes. If we can have those two and Tooves all playing together every week without injuries,then I reckon that`s our backline all sorted.And please have a player floating in or near the goal square to save easy goals against us.

Keep your hands free. Back in 1990 we had a team who won most of the year by slick ball movement and having possession of the ball for minimal amounts of time. By that I mean we took possession and got rid of the ball pretty fast . When we were tackled ,we disposed of the ball very quickly and effectively . We didn`t hold the ball and wait for the umpire to blow the whistle for a ball up.

Kicking across the face of the opposition`s goal-line. I first witnessed that frustrating practice back In 1984 when we played at the Western Oval and lost a game after Simon Beasley intercepted a Gubby Allan kick and kicked the winning goal for the doggies. Avoid doing this at all costs. Only Heath Shaw can do this successfully and he is not playing for us anymore.

We need to mesh more as a group and play as one. Think like footballers and know your team mates and the team plan inside out. Be faster and smarter thinkers ,too.

Who were the people who bagged Pendle`s captaincy this week ? Mick Mc Gaune for one ? We love you , Mick and I, for one ,will forget you made that comment. Scott is the posterboy for what a captain is . End of story.
Everyone is writing off Clokey. I know his kicking isn`t what it should be ,but the hunger is there to prove people wrong .Why get rid of him ? Rather than being the focus of attention ,he should just be another part of the final solution in building a better team ,even though he is nearing retirement age. Once we get Jamie Elliot and Darcy Moore back and have Marley , Alex Fasolo and Jarrod Blair all firing ,then we should have a top forward line. Mason Cox is smart and has good marking and reasonable kicking skills ,but I reckon he doesn`t belong at full forward. The big legs are like big wheels on a car – They take longer to gather speed. He has got a good attitude to the game and fits In well.

Until we sort ourselves out ,we can still win a few games. Don`t ever write-off being in the finals this year. It CAN be done ,but if we did make it, we may not get far , unfortunately.

As for Freo next week , of course we can beat them. I go into every game believing we can win it. My beliefs have probably cost me winning the footy tipping at work,but that`s the way the cookie crumbles.

Back Bucks

You know we're going badly when the club employees sign up and blow sunshine. Give me a break back bucks, c'mon man! This playing group needs to be motivated by a coach who accepts that motivation is a part of a coach's duty, unfortunately this isn't in Bux's handbook. Sidey said too many blokes don't want it enough, hence unmotivated, sort out the attitude before anything else even matters.

MONCO: Your life.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 am

/\ well said Monaco!

Bob Sugar wrote:
Seedsman was no great loss, very talented player but has the wrong attitude, glad to be rjd of.

When he first came to the club he was the next Pendles. Maybe he just needs a good, motivating coach.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:18 pm

the only comparison i can think of is that they both have either a christian or surname starting with the letter P
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:12 pm

think positive wrote:
/\ well said Monaco!

Bob Sugar wrote:

When he first came to the club he was the next Pendles. Maybe he just needs a good, motivating coach.

Haven't you noticed every new draftee is the second coming of Christ until proven otherwise.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:36 pm

think positive wrote:
/\ well said Monaco!

Bob Sugar wrote:

We stole Pendles with pick 5. It would have been bizarre beyond belief if we'd got a second Pendles with pick 76.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

There's been a bit of a pattern this year, PnC, of other teams "coming good" just as they play us. Is it just coincidence - or are we actually hopeless in 2016?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

There's been a bit of a pattern this year, PnC, of other teams "coming good" just as they play us. Is it just coincidence - or are we actually hopeless in 2016?

Nah, just rotten bad luck mate, the only luck the Woods have now, is bad luck. Until we get our best players back, say by about Rd 16, I cannot see us winning many games, if any at all, really. Just a vile year, all round, all we can do is play the kids, get games into them, and persevere with our one shining light of the year, Mason Cox. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:07 pm

think positive wrote:
/\ well said Monaco!

Bob Sugar wrote:

Doesn't have one at Adelaide then? Razz

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Mugwump wrote:
derkd wrote:

The thing that I am really pondering in the game plan is this. Yes we have lots of injuries, but if Buckley is building a game plan around having most of your stars in the team week in and week out...well ...then we need to be worried.....because rarely do you have your best 22 at your disposal.

They reckon it is the quality and experience of your bottom 6 that tells you how you are going. The level of injury has exposed us there, but that may do us a favour in the long run. When your 22-30 bracket are tough, battle hardened and near their prime, then you have a fighting unit. We do not have that.

I'm with Mugwump on this. It's not that we need the 10-11 players that are missing from the best 22..... just 5-6 of them back would be nice and I think would make a huge difference.

I've got no expectations with this game. Suspect it will be horrible to watch. Hope we come out on top but won't be shocked if we don't. They're on a roll and we've had a week off. We'll be fresher but they've got momentum so the first half may well decide the contest.

Will be my last game for a long long time as I move to the sunny state next week. Fingers crossed for a good game from the boys.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: