Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dockers.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
They reckon it is the quality and experience of your bottom 6 that tells you how you are going. The level of injury has exposed us there, but that may do us a favour in the long run. When your 22-30 bracket are tough, battle hardened and near their prime, then you have a fighting unit. We do not have that.

And that's exactly why GWS will be so hard to beat when their core hit their prime. Most of their bottom 6 will still be like picks 20-30. That's quality in any draft's language.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Cam wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
They reckon it is the quality and experience of your bottom 6 that tells you how you are going. The level of injury has exposed us there, but that may do us a favour in the long run. When your 22-30 bracket are tough, battle hardened and near their prime, then you have a fighting unit. We do not have that.

And that's exactly why GWS will be so hard to beat when their core hit their prime. Most of their bottom 6 will still be like picks 20-30. That's quality in any draft's language.

Yes, the competititon is a rigged shell game. The AFL mandarins trade on the tribal loyalties of established club supporters to fund enlargement so that their jobs get bigger, and their salaries. There was no need for a GWS, and there will not be a GWS in the mid-term unless it wins premierships via rigged drafts and/or salary cap preferencing. The draft and salary cap are not really about equalisation, they are a tool for rigging the competititon in favour of the expansion teams. They did it with the Brions and the Swans, and they are at it again. We should boycott it, really - but it's Collingwood, and it'd be almost like boycotting your family because some bastard is denying it opportunities.

roar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Well put, Mugwump.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:30 pm

roar wrote:
Well put, Mugwump.

What pisses me off is we agreed to it! Even after the last expansion team directly cost us 2 flags, Ed can whinge all he likes now but if he had any balls he and the other presidents wouldn't have allowed this to happen, absolute $£$%^%%$ joke that money is worth more to these pricks than premierships.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Danger Will Robinson, danger!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Freo on a roll ... going for four wins on the trot.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 pm

with last weeks selections we should of been accused of tanking.
melbourne would be LTAO because we can't even do that right.
but now we all know now Hal and his logarithm is behind it all.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:35 pm

You and your last weeks selections we should of been accused of tanking.
Back bucks 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:32 am

Good evening ladies and gents. A first time poster ,here ,but don`t take it easy on me .
From my observations , we have to stand back and look at the situation we are in and address it from a positive point of view.

Firstly, Bucks needs the support of everyone from the players right down to the supporters. He has held his head up pretty well and his coaching record is not that different to Mick`s first 100 games. Mick took many years to get the team right before we had a consistent playing group. Don`t talk to me about Ed`s succession plan or Bucks getting rid of the rat pack and offloading the best fullback I have ever seen after Peter Mc Cormack and probably poor old Ronnie Mc Keowan . This upsets me ,but it has happened and now we have to mould another bunch of players to take up the mantle and be the A team of the league.

The players we have are a talented lot individually and need to work for each other to play as a team . Injuries are playing a big part in our demise and exposes the Pie`s lack of depth in allowing players to step into the team when others are unexpectedly sidelined . We should be able to replace injured top guns with similar talent. Are we training our players too hard and they are knackered on the weekend or are they not trained hard enough ?
That aside , the buzz word of the moment at the club is “ passengers “ and rightfully so. These are the things I see that need to be fixed on the field:
How come we play a lot of catch up football after a slow start and usually concede the first goal or two ? Go hard at the first bounce and keep going like that for four quarters .

Read the play. Too many times we gain possession of the ball and lose it to stupid mistakes like handballing to a player who is about to be tackled as soon as he grabs it or mis-kicking straight to an opposition player.
Telegraphing your next move. Happens consistently . Opposition teams know exactly where we are going to kick ,who our target player is and where we are headed with the ball. Have a few options for every situation and try to outsmart the opposition. We aren`t that good at doing that at the moment.Footy is that fast these days and we need to think fast.

Not knowing where we all are . In tight situations like ball-ups ,know where your team mates are at all times. Know where your opponents are ,too. Have a few options when picking the ball out of the pack and try to have runners ready to pounce. I see our opposition do this time and again and the top teams thrive on being really good at it.

No rugby scrums. Footy is not rugby. How many times do we see players grab the ball and head straight into a pack of players thinking they will barge through ? Every team does it and I hate it.

Out of position or losing the bloke you are playing on. Is it just me or have there been more opposition players breaking free from our blokes and doing as they please this year ? I mainly refer to the backline ,but also on the wings. We need to Tag harder and not let these players off the leash so easily .Too many easy marks,not enough spoiling and opposition forwards getting too much space to run riot . Jack Frost tries hard and is slipping a little bit ,but he will come good again, I think. Reidy is Reidy and you can`t fault him. Makes very few mistakes. If we can have those two and Tooves all playing together every week without injuries,then I reckon that`s our backline all sorted.And please have a player floating in or near the goal square to save easy goals against us.

Keep your hands free. Back in 1990 we had a team who won most of the year by slick ball movement and having possession of the ball for minimal amounts of time. By that I mean we took possession and got rid of the ball pretty fast . When we were tackled ,we disposed of the ball very quickly and effectively . We didn`t hold the ball and wait for the umpire to blow the whistle for a ball up.

Kicking across the face of the opposition`s goal-line. I first witnessed that frustrating practice back In 1984 when we played at the Western Oval and lost a game after Simon Beasley intercepted a Gubby Allan kick and kicked the winning goal for the doggies. Avoid doing this at all costs. Only Heath Shaw can do this successfully and he is not playing for us anymore.

We need to mesh more as a group and play as one. Think like footballers and know your team mates and the team plan inside out. Be faster and smarter thinkers ,too.

Who were the people who bagged Pendle`s captaincy this week ? Mick Mc Gaune for one ? We love you , Mick and I, for one ,will forget you made that comment. Scott is the posterboy for what a captain is . End of story.
Everyone is writing off Clokey. I know his kicking isn`t what it should be ,but the hunger is there to prove people wrong .Why get rid of him ? Rather than being the focus of attention ,he should just be another part of the final solution in building a better team ,even though he is nearing retirement age. Once we get Jamie Elliot and Darcy Moore back and have Marley , Alex Fasolo and Jarrod Blair all firing ,then we should have a top forward line. Mason Cox is smart and has good marking and reasonable kicking skills ,but I reckon he doesn`t belong at full forward. The big legs are like big wheels on a car – They take longer to gather speed. He has got a good attitude to the game and fits In well.

Until we sort ourselves out ,we can still win a few games. Don`t ever write-off being in the finals this year. It CAN be done ,but if we did make it, we may not get far , unfortunately.

As for Freo next week , of course we can beat them. I go into every game believing we can win it. My beliefs have probably cost me winning the footy tipping at work,but that`s the way the cookie crumbles.

Back Bucks

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:43 am

Back bucks wrote:
Good evening ladies and gents. A first time poster ,here ,but don`t take it easy on me .
From my observations , we have to stand back and look at the situation we are in and address it from a positive point of view.

Firstly, Bucks needs the support of everyone from the players right down to the supporters. He has held his head up pretty well and his coaching record is not that different to Mick`s first 100 games. Mick took many years to get the team right before we had a consistent playing group. Don`t talk to me about Ed`s succession plan or Bucks getting rid of the rat pack and offloading the best fullback I have ever seen after Peter Mc Cormack and probably poor old Ronnie Mc Keowan . This upsets me ,but it has happened and now we have to mould another bunch of players to take up the mantle and be the A team of the league.

The players we have are a talented lot individually and need to work for each other to play as a team . Injuries are playing a big part in our demise and exposes the Pie`s lack of depth in allowing players to step into the team when others are unexpectedly sidelined . We should be able to replace injured top guns with similar talent. Are we training our players too hard and they are knackered on the weekend or are they not trained hard enough ?
That aside , the buzz word of the moment at the club is “ passengers “ and rightfully so. These are the things I see that need to be fixed on the field:
How come we play a lot of catch up football after a slow start and usually concede the first goal or two ? Go hard at the first bounce and keep going like that for four quarters .

Read the play. Too many times we gain possession of the ball and lose it to stupid mistakes like handballing to a player who is about to be tackled as soon as he grabs it or mis-kicking straight to an opposition player.
Telegraphing your next move. Happens consistently . Opposition teams know exactly where we are going to kick ,who our target player is and where we are headed with the ball. Have a few options for every situation and try to outsmart the opposition. We aren`t that good at doing that at the moment.Footy is that fast these days and we need to think fast.

Not knowing where we all are . In tight situations like ball-ups ,know where your team mates are at all times. Know where your opponents are ,too. Have a few options when picking the ball out of the pack and try to have runners ready to pounce. I see our opposition do this time and again and the top teams thrive on being really good at it.

No rugby scrums. Footy is not rugby. How many times do we see players grab the ball and head straight into a pack of players thinking they will barge through ? Every team does it and I hate it.

Out of position or losing the bloke you are playing on. Is it just me or have there been more opposition players breaking free from our blokes and doing as they please this year ? I mainly refer to the backline ,but also on the wings. We need to Tag harder and not let these players off the leash so easily .Too many easy marks,not enough spoiling and opposition forwards getting too much space to run riot . Jack Frost tries hard and is slipping a little bit ,but he will come good again, I think. Reidy is Reidy and you can`t fault him. Makes very few mistakes. If we can have those two and Tooves all playing together every week without injuries,then I reckon that`s our backline all sorted.And please have a player floating in or near the goal square to save easy goals against us.

Keep your hands free. Back in 1990 we had a team who won most of the year by slick ball movement and having possession of the ball for minimal amounts of time. By that I mean we took possession and got rid of the ball pretty fast . When we were tackled ,we disposed of the ball very quickly and effectively . We didn`t hold the ball and wait for the umpire to blow the whistle for a ball up.

Kicking across the face of the opposition`s goal-line. I first witnessed that frustrating practice back In 1984 when we played at the Western Oval and lost a game after Simon Beasley intercepted a Gubby Allan kick and kicked the winning goal for the doggies. Avoid doing this at all costs. Only Heath Shaw can do this successfully and he is not playing for us anymore.

We need to mesh more as a group and play as one. Think like footballers and know your team mates and the team plan inside out. Be faster and smarter thinkers ,too.

Who were the people who bagged Pendle`s captaincy this week ? Mick Mc Gaune for one ? We love you , Mick and I, for one ,will forget you made that comment. Scott is the posterboy for what a captain is . End of story.
Everyone is writing off Clokey. I know his kicking isn`t what it should be ,but the hunger is there to prove people wrong .Why get rid of him ? Rather than being the focus of attention ,he should just be another part of the final solution in building a better team ,even though he is nearing retirement age. Once we get Jamie Elliot and Darcy Moore back and have Marley , Alex Fasolo and Jarrod Blair all firing ,then we should have a top forward line. Mason Cox is smart and has good marking and reasonable kicking skills ,but I reckon he doesn`t belong at full forward. The big legs are like big wheels on a car – They take longer to gather speed. He has got a good attitude to the game and fits In well.

Until we sort ourselves out ,we can still win a few games. Don`t ever write-off being in the finals this year. It CAN be done ,but if we did make it, we may not get far , unfortunately.

As for Freo next week , of course we can beat them. I go into every game believing we can win it. My beliefs have probably cost me winning the footy tipping at work,but that`s the way the cookie crumbles.

Back Bucks

Welcome aboard. You wont have to worry to much about people taking it easy on you here, that's not what Nicks is about.

PS: Loath your name btw.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:46 am

^
Prefer to see Bucks' back?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:52 am

Back bucks wrote:
Don`t ever write-off being in the finals this year. It CAN be done ,but if we did make it, we may not get far , unfortunately.

We still wouldn't make it if we won every game left. And With Crows and GWS away, it's simply not going to happen anyway. Freo at the MCG is not even a certainty anymore.

But I do agree that we need to try to win as many games as we can.... which is the entire point of sports in the first place. I just want to get as high up on the ladder as possible. We wont be getting a first round pick, so it's not going to harm us if we can win more games than we lose.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:14 am

Back bucks wrote:

Back Bucks

Welcome onboard

You must be Jez's alter ego
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:07 am

courtza wrote:
Back bucks wrote:

Back Bucks

Welcome onboard

You must be Jez's alter ego

Come on Eddie
you can't come on Nicks like this.
Fez up!

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:28 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
roar wrote:
Well put, Mugwump.

What pisses me off is we agreed to it! Even after the last expansion team directly cost us 2 flags, Ed can whinge all he likes now but if he had any balls he and the other presidents wouldn't have allowed this to happen, absolute $£$%^%%$ joke that money is worth more to these pricks than premierships.

Yep, agree with that, too.

Us punters have to carry a lot of the blame because if we all said "phuck off, we don't want another team in sydney", they wouldn't have done it, but for some reason, a lot of people were happy to see it happen.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: