Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get us a ruckman!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, you must be on drugs!

I was so dirty when Geelong picked up Smith... No fuss, no bother just did the trade, alone with Danger, Selwood & Henderson

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm

A lot of people said we won at the trade table last year.
We are not looking so hot now.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Also get a Ruck Coach

Totally agree.

Massive disgrace that as a club with so many resources, we can't get a decent ruck coach to teach, at the very least, Grundy and Witts how to time a jump in the ruck.

It is laughable to see what they attempt now.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

jatsad wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Also get a Ruck Coach

Totally agree.

Massive disgrace that as a club with so many resources, we can't get a decent ruck coach to teach, at the very least, Grundy and Witts how to time a jump in the ruck.

It is laughable to see what they attempt now.

Grundy actually did OK in the ruck as far as hitouts go. Confused

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 pm

I remember seeing Gawn run around the freeway reserve near Mazenod College. He was tall, but really thin. And no beard. He looked awkward as heck.

No he is in line for AA honours. He has come a long long way.

I don't know if Witts/Grundy will ever get to that point, but both had huge wraps when we picked them up.

And its true what others have said, there is no one available. Witts may be traded at seasons end, and that might lead to us signing one of the poorer backups available.

I'd definitely look to see what I could get for Witts and assess from there. But I'd also be happy to persist with Witts/Grundy and find another way to fix our back and forward lines first.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 pm

We have three ruckmen: Cox, Grundy and Witts. Take your pick. The rucks are the least of our problems. We were controlling Gawn in the first quarter. Then we lost our structures and efforts in the second quarter and it was then that Gawn got away from us.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:10 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
We have three ruckmen: Cox, Grundy and Witts. Take your pick. The rucks are the least of our problems. We were controlling Gawn in the first quarter. Then we lost our structures and efforts in the second quarter and it was then that Gawn got away from us.

So you're saying we were gawn?

Sorry I know that's lame. Rolling Eyes

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Also get a Ruck Coach

Because we know that Rendell and Rocca aren't doing a good job.... oh wait a minute, no we don't!

You are in Foul Mood by Keep Abusing Me over everything I say.

People are seeing us get Smashed in the Ruck but that is not Enough

duke750 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:09 am

As far as I can see, the major problem with our talls is that they don't take enough marks around the ground.

Watts is just not up to AFL level and hasn't been for a few years. He doesn't have that spark of mongrel that we need in a ruckman. He is slow to move, and slow to think. If we can get something for him, then good.

I see Brody as a good honest footballer. He may get beaten at hit outs but he is straight down at ground level competing. He needs to take more marks, and he needs to be more creative when he has ball in hand. A lot of time he just blindly kicks forward to nobody, rather than looking to give of handballs.

Under no circumstances should Darcy Moore be made to ruck. He will be far more value as a key forward.

On the other hand, get some bulk and experience into Cox and he should turn into a useful big man. I'm not sure that he will turn into another Paul Salmon full forward, but could become a ruckman.

Jesse White is worth persevering, but as a marking agile wing rather than ruck.

If we go chasing a ruckman the criteria should be someone who can take a grab and has presence.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:18 am

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Also get a Ruck Coach

Because we know that Rendell and Rocca aren't doing a good job.... oh wait a minute, no we don't!

Jackcass constantly puts in digs at a number of posters.
He is street smart to know where to draw the line.
But you and I know how abusive he can be.
He really gets his kicks out of belittling and mocking posters.
He finds it impossible to post with a positive approach to other posters who he disagrees with.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:18 am

The biggest kick in the guts would be to see Witts go to another club and flourish after all the time we put into him.
Would be nice to see clubs get development fees for nurturing players.

Makes the Smith pickup by Geelong all the more painful, and it happened so seamlessly that it makes me vomit. It happened like a non event and yet it could be seen as a premiership masterstroke. Quite evident Geelong puts emphasis on big men that can run all day, UNLIKE Mr. WITTS!! Youd think that he could be a marking genius if he couldnt run all day but NO.... we will stick with mediocrity instead.

Keep Witts just in case the penny drops but GEEZ in the meantime can we please pick up a mature ruckman that someone else has nurtured......Cant we repeat the Jolly scenario again.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 am

duke750 wrote:
As far as I can see, the major problem with our talls is that they don't take enough marks around the ground.

Watts is just not up to AFL level and hasn't been for a few years. He doesn't have that spark of mongrel that we need in a ruckman. He is slow to move, and slow to think. If we can get something for him, then good.

I see Brody as a good honest footballer. He may get beaten at hit outs but he is straight down at ground level competing. He needs to take more marks, and he needs to be more creative when he has ball in hand. A lot of time he just blindly kicks forward to nobody, rather than looking to give of handballs.

Under no circumstances should Darcy Moore be made to ruck. He will be far more value as a key forward.

On the other hand, get some bulk and experience into Cox and he should turn into a useful big man. I'm not sure that he will turn into another Paul Salmon full forward, but could become a ruckman.

Jesse White is worth persevering, but as a marking agile wing rather than ruck.

If we go chasing a ruckman the criteria should be someone who can take a grab and has presence.

some interesting and well considered comments.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:16 am

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Also get a Ruck Coach

Not in a foul mood at all Dave, just questioning why we should need a specific ruck coach. We're getting smashed because neither of our rucks are yet to reach their prime. A ruck coach won't make them any older. And we have zero knowledge about the capacity of either Rendell or Rocca to coach ruck skills, they may well be terrific coaches.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am

Witts may develop into a good ruckman, but that will be another 3 yrs away imo. I don't think we can piss another 3 yrs away waiting for him to develop. Grundy and Cox will keep developing, but we need a ready made ruckman to join them for 2017. We cannot hope to be a competitive team with 3 underachieving and developing rucks on our list; 4 if you count Wyatt.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Witts may develop into a good ruckman, but that will be another 3 yrs away imo. I don't think we can piss another 3 yrs away waiting for him to develop. Grundy and Cox will keep developing, but we need a ready made ruckman to join them for 2017. We cannot hope to be a competitive team with 3 underachieving and developing rucks on our list; 4 if you count Wyatt.

We gave away Ceglar
He would be the right age profile now.
This is the problem of having 4 young rucks with no ruckman at the sweet spot ( 25 to 28 years of age ) and no mature ruckman!
One minus for the recruiting department.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: