Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fair weather supporters.... are you one?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Origin :: a Collingwood supporter from 1951 finals

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:02 pm

1). As a legends member, I go to as many games as I can on a frequent basis. I've missed three matches this year (two interstate, attended the opener against Sydney) and missed my first Victorian match on Queens Birthday in a year due to sitting a mid-year exam on the same day.

2). I attend because I want to see the boys win and play with a style that is attractive to watch. During the games, I support unequivocally regardless of how I feel about the players or the way the club is performing overall, but post-match I certainly post my thoughts on the match and the direction we're heading in whether it's construed to be positive, negative or realistic.

3). I've never written a letter to the club, but whether you call it whinging or not, I do post my honest thoughts on the club whether we're playing well or not on this forum. I don't have an axe to grind and just want to see the club do well.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:13 pm
Post subject: HissReply with quote

If Dockers beat us I might go down to training and confront a few coaching staff with some old bugger wisdom! I am available to take over as senior coach of the Club believes I can be of assistance . I am growing a 1970's Barrassi Moustache . Don't need to change my wardrobe because I still wear my Safari suits quiet often
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm
Post subject: Re: HissReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
If Dockers beat us I might go down to training and confront a few coaching staff with some old bugger wisdom! I am available to take over as senior coach of the Club believes I can be of assistance . I am growing a 1970's Barrassi Moustache . Don't need to change my wardrobe because I still wear my Safari suits quiet often

Wrong thread Hiss, you want this one: Nick's Posting XXII Round 14: vs Fremantle

Either way John Wren wont be pleased...
John West 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Hiss, you are the very embodiment of fairweathered. A photo of you appears where Webster's has their entry and definition for "fairweathered".
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Fair weather supporters.... are you one?Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:
instead of imploding and sounding like a Parakeet, 'sack Buckley like he says....'

1. do you go to games?

2. are you there to appreciate or judge based on little inside knowledge whether we win or lose?

3. If you do have a gripe with the club, do you write to the club and offer your constructive criticism or do you whinge on sites like this?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

2. I can see where we are at, and while I don't envy Buckley's job, I understand it comes with the territory. Enjoy watching the youngsters like Smith, Crocker, Phillips, Maynard, Cox getting a taste.

3. I don't have a problem where I see us going. We definitely need to get to the bottom of the injuries issue as our gameplan stacks up when our youth have experience and leadership on the field guiding them.

4. Confident of making finals next year - and pray for a reduction in collision injuries to key personnel.

For all those that can see how f@cked this club has become on field and off field since 2010 I gladly say... This is the most arrogant, pretentious and f@cked thread I have ever seen... At least since the "Malthouse is to blame for west coasts drug problem" thread...

We are a working class club, or at least we were. Many fans can't afford a membership. As a legends member of many years, and a bloke who went to Vic Park all through out the 90's I just want to say I don't care if your a paid up member or only jump on board when we win. Never shut up. Never bebe silent. Never be afraid to speak your truth.never accept mediocrity.

Keep whinging and whining. Be "negative". Or be "positive" if you want. A Collingwood fan should never feel as though their opinion doesn't matter just because someone can pay for a "club 5", "legends" or some other type of membership.

Every pies fan, fair weather or not, has he right to have a say. You don't have to go to games. You don't even have to watch on TV. Any fan of Collingwood can just look at the win and loss, and at the ladder at round 23 every year (for the past 3 years) and say "WTF? Not acceptable!".

An Internet forum is for whinging and saying the truth. And the club is clearly watching what is said on here. Why bother writing to the club? They read everything that's said on here. Why else you reckon the "sack Buckley" thread was closed?

The sack Buckley thread had many people, like my good self, un afraid to look at the video, review our structures and tear our game plan a new a$$ hole from what we saw in round 1 to round 7.

How the hell can a pathetic thread like this, which insinuates "if you ain't got the coin you can't have a say", not be locked if my sack Buckley thread gets locked???

We are meant to be the club of the working man, and this OP is clearly got his head up his a$$. Any pies fan has the right to say whatever they want when it comes to coaching, admin or players. And every pies fan has the right to disagree.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 am

I wouldn't call myself a fair weather supporter. I'm more a climate change supporter.

I understand this week is going to be colder than having an ice bath.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Daniel wrote:
instead of imploding and sounding like a Parakeet, 'sack Buckley like he says....'

1. do you go to games?

2. are you there to appreciate or judge based on little inside knowledge whether we win or lose?

3. If you do have a gripe with the club, do you write to the club and offer your constructive criticism or do you whinge on sites like this?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

2. I can see where we are at, and while I don't envy Buckley's job, I understand it comes with the territory. Enjoy watching the youngsters like Smith, Crocker, Phillips, Maynard, Cox getting a taste.

3. I don't have a problem where I see us going. We definitely need to get to the bottom of the injuries issue as our gameplan stacks up when our youth have experience and leadership on the field guiding them.

4. Confident of making finals next year - and pray for a reduction in collision injuries to key personnel.

For all those that can see how f@cked this club has become on field and off field since 2010 I gladly say... This is the most arrogant, pretentious and f@cked thread I have ever seen... At least since the "Malthouse is to blame for west coasts drug problem" thread...

We are a working class club, or at least we were. Many fans can't afford a membership. As a legends member of many years, and a bloke who went to Vic Park all through out the 90's I just want to say I don't care if your a paid up member or only jump on board when we win. Never shut up. Never bebe silent. Never be afraid to speak your truth.never accept mediocrity.

Keep whinging and whining. Be "negative". Or be "positive" if you want. A Collingwood fan should never feel as though their opinion doesn't matter just because someone can pay for a "club 5", "legends" or some other type of membership.

Every pies fan, fair weather or not, has he right to have a say. You don't have to go to games. You don't even have to watch on TV. Any fan of Collingwood can just look at the win and loss, and at the ladder at round 23 every year (for the past 3 years) and say "WTF? Not acceptable!".

An Internet forum is for whinging and saying the truth. And the club is clearly watching what is said on here. Why bother writing to the club? They read everything that's said on here. Why else you reckon the "sack Buckley" thread was closed?

The sack Buckley thread had many people, like my good self, un afraid to look at the video, review our structures and tear our game plan a new a$$ hole from what we saw in round 1 to round 7.

How the hell can a pathetic thread like this, which insinuates "if you ain't got the coin you can't have a say"
, not be locked if my sack Buckley thread gets locked???

We are meant to be the club of the working man, and this OP is clearly got his head up his a$$. Any pies fan has the right to say whatever they want when it comes to coaching, admin or players. And every pies fan has the right to disagree.

What a strange way to respond Confused

Where does the OP even mention money?

Have you sought help for your condition? I would!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Daniel wrote:

1. do you go to games?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

How the hell can a pathetic thread like this, which insinuates "if you ain't got the coin you can't have a say", not be locked if my sack Buckley thread gets locked???

I'm a supporter of Bucks, but I generally support your post KM. All Collingwood fans should be equally free and encouraged to express their opinions on Nicks. My only objection are those 'fans' who ONLY ever criticise and snipe at our club.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Daniel wrote:

1. do you go to games?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

Pretty much..."agree with me or you are a fair weather friend".

Blind sycophantry personified

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Few long bows being drawn here.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Agree completely - i think we have a sacked mod for that though KM
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
Few long bows being drawn here.

And your thoughts on a connection being drawn between the status of Buckley's position and one's ability to attend games?

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:04 pm

If People day people are Soft not going tonight then you are Pathetic
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Well I'm almost at the G on this god awful freezing day, so unless I'm an Eskimo I guess I'm not a find weather fan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: