Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fair weather supporters.... are you one?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 pm
Post subject: Fair weather supporters.... are you one?Reply with quote

instead of imploding and sounding like a Parakeet, 'sack Buckley like he says....'

1. do you go to games?

2. are you there to appreciate or judge based on little inside knowledge whether we win or lose?

3. If you do have a gripe with the club, do you write to the club and offer your constructive criticism or do you whinge on sites like this?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

2. I can see where we are at, and while I don't envy Buckley's job, I understand it comes with the territory. Enjoy watching the youngsters like Smith, Crocker, Phillips, Maynard, Cox getting a taste.

3. I don't have a problem where I see us going. We definitely need to get to the bottom of the injuries issue as our gameplan stacks up when our youth have experience and leadership on the field guiding them.

4. Confident of making finals next year - and pray for a reduction in collision injuries to key personnel.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be expensive getting to the games from Honkers each week?
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah, extremely.... but I go when I can
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:58 pm

I will go to just about every Game in Melbourne but we play the Crap we did today.

I will Leave Early. So I can beat the big Crowds at Train Station. Though I stay to end of Night Games as I wait for my Mate to Pick Me Up and Drive me Home(Great Bloke to do that Too)

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:08 am

Daniel wrote:
Yeah, extremely.... but I go when I can

Lol, must be great being rich! Cool
Seriously though, I stopped going in 2001-2002, which certainly wasn't due our form at the time, which was solid.
I simply ran out of passion to attend the matches.
I guess I missed the Victoria Park Social Club atmosphere more than I cared to admit....

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:59 pm

If I could go, I'd go to every game I've been to the one game and that was 2014 when I was in Melbourne. I was meant to go to a game last year, but issues arose during my trip and I had to head home before the next game.

Only games I've missed on the TV are games that conflict with my job. Otherwise I try and catch the replay... any judgement passed is on what is seen on field, stuff I've no idea about I try not to comment on.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Fair weather supporters.... are you one?Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:
instead of imploding and sounding like a Parakeet, 'sack Buckley like he says....'

1. do you go to games?

2. are you there to appreciate or judge based on little inside knowledge whether we win or lose?

3. If you do have a gripe with the club, do you write to the club and offer your constructive criticism or do you whinge on sites like this?

I'll start with me;

1. Yes I do

2. I can see where we are at, and while I don't envy Buckley's job, I understand it comes with the territory. Enjoy watching the youngsters like Smith, Crocker, Phillips, Maynard, Cox getting a taste.

3. I don't have a problem where I see us going. We definitely need to get to the bottom of the injuries issue as our gameplan stacks up when our youth have experience and leadership on the field guiding them.

4. Confident of making finals next year - and pray for a reduction in collision injuries to key personnel.

You know Daniel I have a gripe with the world and I write every day to the world leaders.
Obama says he hasn't much power as he is a hostage to the senate and House of representatives
Putin says those damn Americans keep hemming them in.
The Chinese Premier say we are Xenophobic towards them.
And the list goes on and on and on with complaints and excuses.
That is the way of the world Daniel and it ain't going to change.
If you lose there is a complaint or an excuse.
Which side are you on is more to the point not whether one side is more stupid than the other.

Last edited by thompsoc on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:49 pm

1. I am a Legends Member and go to every game in Vic and have for the last 12 years (except for a month last year when I was overses).

2. I am there to appreciate AND to judge. Not based on little inside knowledge, more based on what I see out on the field. Things like shepherds, running, effort are expected and should be part of any player's performace in any game, no matter the scale. Losing is not preferrable, but is somewhat acceptable if you have given absolutely everything you can and are simply beaten by a better team on the day.

3. I have many gripes with the club at the moment, although most would not align with popular opinion. I don't write to the club to complain and I rarely post complaints on Nick's. The correlation between those two things is that regardles of whether I wrote to the club or complained on Nick's, nothing would change and so it shouldn't.

I constantly hear people complaining about Buckley's gameplan and it's become ridiculous. People say he has no discernable gameplan, but does any coach?
Someone please explain to me in detail, what is Don Pyke's gameplan? What is Alan Richardson's? What is any AFL coach's gameplan? I'm assuming the end result is to win, but the in between is semantics and if a gameplan was that easily identifiable by the fans in the stands or watching on tv, it wouldn't work well for very long, would it?

Anyway... back to watching the win against Geelong from a few weeks ago... for the 8th time.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm a legends member and I go to games when it suits me. I rarely go to Sunday games as Sunday afternoon is family time when the kids come over, so i watch those games on TV.

I go to most Friday and Saturday games in Melbourne.

I watch the game to appreciate, not to judge. I'm generally looking for positives from players, not negatives. I suppose when it comes to Collingwood I'm inherently optimistic.

I don't really have any gripes with the club, I have no real knowledge of what's going on so any constructive criticism I could offer would generally be about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle. I tend to avoid whinging here or on other sites, there's enough whingers and whiners already. I get that some people need an outlet to vent their frustration, that's just not usually my thing.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Medieval wrote:

Someone please explain to me in detail, what is Don Pyke's gameplan? What is Alan Richardson's? What is any AFL coach's gameplan?

Saw this on the Saints whiteboard at the quarter time huddle

Capture.JPG

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Good article or post. Outside those from interstate or overseas I think that you are either a fan or a supporter!! Fans come and go, supporters turn up. Fans make a Winter judgement and say "I'll watch it on tv in front of heater" where as supporters with the flu and relationship problems say "stuff it, I'm there at the G giving it my all"!!!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Get to every game I can, generally 10-15 plus finals and at least 1/2 a dozen VFL games.

Don't claim any greater insight than any other mug supporter. Comment based on what I see. Acknowledge rational and logical mitigating factors when evaluating performance.

Don't have any gripes with the club. Think they are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances. Yet to see anyone make a case for gathering the banners and marching on the Holden Centre and simple generalities without proper analysis aren't going to sway my views. Seen it all before and no good comes of it.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:24 pm

I stayed till the end and heard that horrendous song and saw the scum supporters cheering like they won a flag
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Medieval wrote:
1. I am a Legends Member and go to every game in Vic and have for the last 12 years (except for a month last year when I was overses).

2. I am there to appreciate AND to judge. Not based on little inside knowledge, more based on what I see out on the field. Things like shepherds, running, effort are expected and should be part of any player's performace in any game, no matter the scale. Losing is not preferrable, but is somewhat acceptable if you have given absolutely everything you can and are simply beaten by a better team on the day.

3. I have many gripes with the club at the moment, although most would not align with popular opinion. I don't write to the club to complain and I rarely post complaints on Nick's. The correlation between those two things is that regardles of whether I wrote to the club or complained on Nick's, nothing would change and so it shouldn't.

I constantly hear people complaining about Buckley's gameplan and it's become ridiculous. People say he has no discernable gameplan, but does any coach?
Someone please explain to me in detail, what is Don Pyke's gameplan? What is Alan Richardson's? What is any AFL coach's gameplan? I'm assuming the end result is to win, but the in between is semantics and if a gameplan was that easily identifiable by the fans in the stands or watching on tv, it wouldn't work well for very long, would it?

Anyway... back to watching the win against Geelong from a few weeks ago... for the 8th time.

After watching this year's games I have discerned the ten commandments which are the foundation of the current Pies gameplan:-

1. Thou shalt fumble;
2. Thou shalt kick to a contest;
3. Thou shalt miss the target;
4. Thou shalt not take the first option;
5. Thou shalt not go straight ahead;
6. Thou shalt go sideways or backwards;
7. Thou shalt not man up;
8. Thou shalt take on the tackler and lose the ball;
9. Thou shalt let the opposition break tackles; and
10. Thou shalt only kick to space in front of a tall forward if thou is unable to kick to the opposition.

Once those commandments are understood the game plan is quite simple.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:47 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Medieval wrote:

After watching this year's games I have discerned the ten commandments which are the foundation of the current Pies gameplan:-

1. Thou shalt fumble;
2. Thou shalt kick to a contest;
3. Thou shalt miss the target;
4. Thou shalt not take the first option;
5. Thou shalt not go straight ahead;
6. Thou shalt go sideways or backwards;
7. Thou shalt not man up;
8. Thou shalt take on the tackler and lose the ball;
9. Thou shalt let the opposition break tackles; and
10. Thou shalt only kick to space in front of a tall forward if thou is unable to kick to the opposition.

Once those commandments are understood the game plan is quite simple.

You're so spot on it hurts my black and white heart. I would also add:

11. Thou shalt hold up play after a mark and allow all oppsition players ample time to implement their defensive structures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: