Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
So point me to which other team has two AA's playing in its VFL side. Also where have I said it's Buckley's fault for Brown's loss of form? I said it's self inflicted having two of your best players playing in the VFL, whereas injuries you can't help. If you blame inexperience for our defeat against Melbourne then what are two of our best and most experienced players doing playing in the VFL? It's a reasonable question to ask and a number of sports commentators have been asking the same question. The football department has to take collective responsibility for the way the team is playing at the moment. Otherwise you condone losing.

So we'd be better off rewarding poor form by playing out of form AA players in the seniors on name rather than merit. Seriously! Self inflicted my Rs! Brown may well have returned to the senior by this stage if he hadn't had a hamstring issue at VFL level but both he and Cloke have had issues that merit their demotion. To use that as a reason for our poor performance just defies logic. Happily agree to disagree.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:12 am

jackcass wrote:
So point me to which other team has two AA's playing in its VFL side. Also where have I said it's Buckley's fault for Brown's loss of form? I said it's self inflicted having two of your best players playing in the VFL, whereas injuries you can't help. If you blame inexperience for our defeat against Melbourne then what are two of our best and most experienced players doing playing in the VFL? It's a reasonable question to ask and a number of sports commentators have been asking the same question. The football department has to take collective responsibility for the way the team is playing at the moment. Otherwise you condone losing.

So we'd be better off rewarding poor form by playing out of form AA players in the seniors on name rather than merit. Seriously! Self inflicted my Rs! Brown may well have returned to the senior by this stage if he hadn't had a hamstring issue at VFL level but both he and Cloke have had issues that merit their demotion. To use that as a reason for our poor performance just defies logic. Happily agree to disagree.

But playing 3 ruckman was utterly stupid. Cloke should have played in saying that at least the VFL got up.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:12 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
piedys wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Hey Collingwood, get F'ed.

#first

#jealous!

Okay, so a big cheerio to all you Buckley Care-Bears out there!
Have a great day at the footy? Again?
Enjoy your carbon-copy of last week's meek surrender?
How's that path to the Promised Land looking?

I can't even be bothered bagging the players anymore.
Just when I thought some players might be hard done by to be delisted at seasons end, a new batch of spuds put their hands up to volunteer.
I actually don't care anymore, nor will I care until the numpty consortium in the coaches box is removed. Maybe keep Burns. Maybe.

I don't think Cloke would have won us the game, but he deserved to be out there contesting. The only player Melbourne are shit scared of too.
In what parallel universe do Witts, Grundy and Cox work in harmony to win us a football game?

I look forward to a week off from this bullshit, as i'm sure many other posters will too. Who f*cking needs the stress?

Don't bother, they ain't even here.....picked fights and then pissed off as usual...weak as piss...

Nah, always here and always happy to let you moaners moan, the whingers whinge and the whiners whine. That is what you lot do very well.

I thought I have repeated my comments enough to even get through the REALLY thick skulls of the Buckley haters/bashers but as usual there are exceptions.

I have the same right to an opinion as you lot of bloody sooks.

I still say that coaches at ANY club should not be sacked mid season. That is what I have said consistently and still support that view. I also support the Collingwood Football Club which will probably shit 90% of you whingers right off!! But stuff you negative tulips, I can have an opinion as well as you Chicken Littles... Rolling Eyes

Flame away……………. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:20 am

Not making it an excuse because it is what it is but we all know the full extent of Collingwood's injury list and that according to the moaning negative tulips here it is ALL Buckley’s fault (a lack of logic doesn't crack a mention), however can someone please let me know who was missing from an almost full strength Melbourne team Harry was one, who else?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

Lazza wrote:
Not making it an excuse because it is what it is but we all know the full extent of Collingwood's injury list and that according to the moaning negative tulips here it is ALL Buckley’s fault (a lack of logic doesn't crack a mention), however can someone please let me know who was missing from an almost full strength Melbourne team Harry was one, who else?

Well they had Brayshaw out their 2014 top 3 pick
They had Salem their top 9 draft pick from the 2013 draft.
So here we have their top cream from their last few drafts out against us.
They had a few others out including Garlett who played in the VFL.
No excuses please.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:50 am

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:

No excuses please.

Fair dinkum thompsoc, just which bloody part of not making it an excuse because it is what it is didn't you comprehend dude? Its hard enough trying to talk sense into an eternal moaner but to deal with a lack of comprehension above that is just bloody annoying when trying to have a rational debate.. Evil or Very Mad

MY humble opinion based purely on facts is that our injury list is obviously FAR greater than theirs. I'm NOT including either sides’ players who are playing VFL. This HAS to have an impact or don’t you honestly think it does??? Shocked

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 pm

3rd degree wrote:
jackcass wrote:

But playing 3 ruckman was utterly stupid. Cloke should have played in saying that at least the VFL got up.

Was actually 2x ruckmen and a full forward.

If Brown, Cloke, Moore, and Fasolo were in form and/or available we may well have gone with a different structure but as we saw in the 1st quarter when the midfield was competitive the structure worked.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:

No excuses please.

Fair dinkum thompsoc, just which bloody part of not making it an excuse because it is what it is didn't you comprehend dude? Its hard enough trying to talk sense into an eternal moaner but to deal with a lack of comprehension above that is just bloody annoying when trying to have a rational debate.. Evil or Very Mad

MY humble opinion based purely on facts is that our injury list is obviously FAR greater than theirs. I'm NOT including either sides’ players who are playing VFL. This HAS to have an impact or don’t you honestly think it does??? Shocked

No one would dispute that our injuries hasn't had an impact.
But it isn't the main concern by any stretch of the imagination.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:

No excuses please.

No one would dispute that our injuries hasn't had an impact.
But it isn't the main concern by any stretch of the imagination.

OK thats fine. I respect your view.

However, THIS is where I strongly disagree as I think that the injuries to some of our better are THE major reason for our plight.
Tell you what IF Collingwood had a full list to choose from and we were in the current situation, THEN my opinion might have been different.
However I'm not in the habit of totally bloody ignoring the huge Elephant in the room.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 pm

This is Geelong's injury list
Daniel Menzel (ankle) TBC

Zac Bates (quad) 5-7 weeks

Wylie Buzzard (quad) 2-4 weeks

Nakia Cockatoo (knee) 3-5 weeks

Jordan Cunico (knee) 3-5 weeks

Cam Delaney (knee) TBA

George Horlin-Smith (knee) 6-7 weeks

Tom Read (knee) 1-2 weeks

Scott Selwood (foot) 1-2 weeks

Jackson Thurlow (knee) season

Billie Smedts (leg) indefinite

Every team has injuries.
Collingwood is probably in the bottom 25 percentile.
But we had 5 flag stars playing in the vfl
they weren't good enough to play with us this week.
That shows our list isn't crash hot.
It shows our coaching staff isn't crash hot.
And it shows on the ladder.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:59 pm

we were never, ever going to kick a winning score without jamie, fas, moore and cloke. as soon as we named witts ahead of cloke it was game over.

no offence to grundy, but he isn't a key forward at all. no offence to jesse white, but he isn't a no.1 OR no.2 KF at all. no offence to cox, but he isn't a no.1 KF at all.

and no offence to witts, but he isn't an AFL footballer at all.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:31 pm

thompsoc wrote:

Cam Delaney (knee) TBA

Every team has injuries.

oh dear......

Bates - 0 career games
Buzzard - 0 career games
Cockatoo - 11 career games
Cunico - 0 career games
Delaney - 6 at North, 0 career games Geelong
Horlin - Smith - 39 career games
Read - 0 career games
Selwood - 135 games Eagles, 0 for Geelong
Thurlow - 29 career games
Smedts - 37 career games.

hate to break it to you, but Swan ALONE has them ALL covered for games / experience / value to the side!!

I dare say we'd be a better side in 2016 if our injured players instead of those currently injured were Wills, Sier, Marsh, Crocker, phillips, Gault, sharenburg and McCaffer!!!

Not that i wish injuries upon anyone!!

No wonder i'm rarely on this site anymore!

Shocked

Last edited by burnsy17 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:36 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Cam Delaney (knee) TBA

Every team has injuries.

oh dear......

Bates - 0 career games
Buzzard - 0 career games
Cockatoo - 11 career games
Cunico - 0 career games
Delaney - 6 at North, 0 career games Geelong
Horlin - Smith - 39 career games
Read - 0 career games
Selwood - 135 games Eagles, 0 for Geelong
Thurlow - 29 career games
Smedts - 37 career games.

hate to break it to you, but Swan ALONE has them ALL covered for games / experience / value to the side!!

No wonder i'm rarely on this site anymore!

Shocked

Oh dear
I reckon Swan has zero chance of another game at collingwood.
So he has zero value to the club going forward
So any of the above has him covered for games.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:59 pm

leonmagic wrote:
we were never, ever going to kick a winning score without jamie, fas, moore and cloke. as soon as we named witts ahead of cloke it was game over.

no offence to grundy, but he isn't a key forward at all. no offence to jesse white, but he isn't a no.1 OR no.2 KF at all. no offence to cox, but he isn't a no.1 KF at all.

agreed

so if Cloke aint picked for the next game will it break the internet?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:10 pm

think positive wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

agreed

so if Cloke aint picked for the next game will it break the internet?

Why should it. If he's not picked it's because the selectors don't think he's done enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: