Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Player ratings:

2. DeGoey: battled hard, seems though to always get possessions when under pump and never on the outside to exploit his run & carry

4. Grundy: best of the big men today but wasted

7. Treloar: ineffective, possessions didn't hurt

9. White: typical game, all highs and lows and no stability or predictability

10. Pendles: alright early but can't seem to "do a Selwood" & inspire his peers

11. Blair: putrid, pathetic and perennially poor. He is slow, can't understand front and square, wears lycra green boots with confidence. Yes Blair sycophants I bloody hate his guts!!!

15. Witts: has the emotional investment for the contest of a vegetarian at a Greek restaurant!

17. Marsh: slow early but better as game went on. Does things that Nathan Brown won't ever be able to do

18. Varcoe: best game for the year. Not prolific but the ball in his hand generally equated to something positive

19. Greenwood: some may be surprised but was our best player today. 16 tackles and a goal

20. Reid: not his best game.

21. Phillips: couple of mistakes but needs to be given more slack

22. Sidebottom: most ineffective game in 3 years. Beaten by a Bugg

25. Crisp: sloppy and ineffective

26. Marley W: has the Blair affliction and tries to do more than his ability allows.

28. Sinclair: 11 possessions, can't hold a meaningful tackle and uncertain with disposal

37. Maynard: battled hard, has a crack but has to eliminate those 2 clangers per week that create opposition goals

38. Howe: battled hard, obviously played hurt. One of the rare positives for 2016.

39. Crocker: needs a spell, doesn't get enough of the ball or lead and create a forward option

40. Smith: down on previous weeks

45. Jack Frost: It's not 1988 Jack. Attack the ball Jack, play off your opponent Jack, stop being selfish Jack!!!!

46. Mason C: low low possession numbers suggest a spell is needed. Won't get it though!

Last edited by inxs88 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Correct weight MM. We don't sprint away from the contest bar one treloar.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:11 pm

think positive wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I want some of you guys to remember back to the end of last season and remember how you said that regardless of injuries - this would be the years Bucks would be judged on - now I ask again... is there any doubt.

Easier to just slag you off as a troll than actually consider they might have been wrong.....

TROLL!!!!!!!!

Um you the one trolling here

How's that?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
thompsoc 

inxs88 wrote:
Player ratings:

2. DeGoey: battled hard, seems though to always get possessions when under pump and never on the outside to exploit his run & carry

11. Blair: putrid, pathetic and perennially poor. He is slow, can't understand front and square, wears lycra green boots with confidence. Yes Blair sycophants I bloody hate his guts!!!

15. Witts: has the emotional investment for the contest of a vegetarian at a Greek restaurant!

17. Marsh: slow early but better as game went on. Does things that Nathan Brown won't ever be able to do

18. Varcoe: best game for the year. Not prolific but the ball in his hand generally equated to something positive

19. Greenwood: some may be surprised but was our best player today. 16 tackles and a goal

26. Marley W: has the Blair affliction and tries to do more than his ability allows.

28. Sinclair: 11 possessions, can't hold a meaningful tackle and uncertain with disposal

37. Maynard: battled hard, has a crack but has to eliminate those 2 clangers per week that create opposition goals

38. Howe: battled hard, obviously played hurt. One of the rare positives for 2016.

39. Crocker: needs a spell, doesn't get enough of the ball or lead and create a forward option

46. Mason C: low low possession numbers suggest a spell is needed. Won't get it though!

Agree with this.
And yes I hate Blair playing for us ... I am so over it.
My only dispute maybe Greenwood.
He had only 4 disposals by halyf time.
Didn't know he got 16 tackles.

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

I'm grateful I didn't attend today's match due to mid-year uni exams but I'm just gutted after getting home and watching that game. I missed the first quarter so I can only base our performance off the last three quarters which was insipid in so many ways. We showed no fight and simply gave up especially in the last quarter which was reminiscent of last year's game against Richmond late in the season albeit the margin today wasn't as bad.

We're a huge mess and I'm almost past the point of caring now. I'll be there when we play the Dockers on Friday night in our next match as I always enjoy supporting the boys and catching up with friends, but lately it's become a real grind and chore to get yourself up for games these days so it's a sad reality of how much we've fallen in the space of 5 to 6 years.

I think a decline was always going to be inevitable after 2011 so I didn't expect us to dominate in years like 2014, 2015 and 2016 even if we never chose the rebuilding path but to decline this far after what's now our third or fourth year of rebuild is very disheartening especially as we see more clubs who have been below us for a while just race past us while we stagnate.

I lost faith in Bucks after round three when we lost to the Saints who were down two rotations that day. We showed glimpses in the first half against Essendon, second or third against the Eagles, played well against the Lions, Cats and Dogs, but in reality we need to show more than just stringing a good quarter here and there.

The board surely has to be preparing for alternatives now even if they're not immediately contemplating to sack Bucks which would happen at the end of the season most likely unless results became so dire a change would be required sooner rather than later.

The reality is we've gone backwards and we're getting progressively worse with each passing year. If we end up winning 8 or less games for the year I'd be shocked if he was coaching us next year. I've always wanted our favourite son to succeed and lift the premiership cup as coach but that's just a dream more than anything else.

The longer we leave this, the worse it will get and the longer it will take to repair these problems. Thank god I'm too young to remember the worst of the Shaw years but this is eerily reminiscent when I look back on the stats and the overall state of the club.

I hope this is rock bottom now but I'm worried without some form of urgent change and external review, we haven't see the worst just yet and that thought is truly frightening.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:12 pm

think positive wrote:
I want some of you guys to remember back to the end of last season and remember how you said that regardless of injuries - this would be the years Bucks would be judged on - now I ask again... is there any doubt.

Easier to just slag you off as a troll than actually consider they might have been wrong.....

TROLL!!!!!!!!

How's that?

Ok guys... we're on the same side remember... sarcasm is not dead at least on this site and that's important... remember... without laughter, we have nothing. Wink
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 pm

think positive wrote:

TROLL!!!!!!!!

How's that?

Ok guys... we're on the same side remember... sarcasm is not dead at least on this site and that's important... remember... without laughter, we have nothing. Wink

Nah, eff that Wolf, I've been accused of trolling, not being a proper supporter, all sorts of BS, all 'cause I had the audacity to call Blair a spud.

I'm all about playing the ball and not the man, but I'll not shirk the issue if it comes to it

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:31 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
The skills aren't there but worse is that the effort is gone. How sad that these players can't put in 4 quarters of effort.

Injuries can excuse some things, but lack of effort isn't one of them. Even those gifted a game through injury can't put the effort in.

Coach has to go.

You see, I actually disagree with this, I thought the effort was alright, it was the butchery of the ball, and without the ball, that did it.

I'm talking running over the ball, missing tackles, missing gettable set shots, handballs to no one....

When a team has 150 uncontested possessions more than you, that's just lack of effort.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Thought the players tried. I didn't think the effort was too bad. Much better than against port.

But the usual easy goals are being scored against us. We continue to look disorganised defensively. Our backline is always in a scramble.

Marsh, Frost, Maynard, look completely hopeless with the ball in hand. I have only wishful thinking when they have the ball.

Can I please express my complete distain for players whom use a banana over their wrong foot. Players paid as much as CEOs, but can't kick competently with the left. It is a complete lack of professionalism.

Wits, Grundy, Cox mix was never ever going to win today. It was an act of desperation at the selection table and shows we are on the wrong path with this coaching group.

Do we really have to go through another year of this rubbish? I voted with my lack of attendance today. I went to the netball yesterday instead. At least the vixens can play as a team. Not a bunch of headless chooks.

Can we win another game for the season?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Steele admitted some guys aren't trying.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
The skills aren't there but worse is that the effort is gone. How sad that these players can't put in 4 quarters of effort.

Injuries can excuse some things, but lack of effort isn't one of them. Even those gifted a game through injury can't put the effort in.

Coach has to go.

You see, I actually disagree with this, I thought the effort was alright, it was the butchery of the ball, and without the ball, that did it.

I'm talking running over the ball, missing tackles, missing gettable set shots, handballs to no one....

When a team has 150 uncontested possessions more than you, that's just lack of effort.

A fair point well made...

loch 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Yep, nailed it, Melliot. I don't think that lack of effort as Whatsinaname suggested was the prime factor. We tried alright. It was the fact that we are totally lacking in organised transition away from the contest - hence so many less uncontested possies. No structure at all, in short, and that's a coaching issue, not a player issue. I also suspect that we are still trying to re-create 2010; but that's a hiding to nothing in 2016. We fell hook line and sinker for the 'best player=best coach' myth and we are paying dearly for it. History says it just isn't so (and I do remember Matthews, a glaring exception). Rolling Eyes
courtza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Player ratings:

Agree with this.
And yes I hate Blair playing for us ... I am so over it.
My only dispute maybe Greenwood.
He had only 4 disposals by halyf time.
Didn't know he got 16 tackles.

Good analysis inxs

With a team this devoid of class we really need everyone having a great game, which obviously we didnt get.

Witts and Cox in the same team is a disaster. Cox rarely gets two hands up for the mark and is outbodied regularly, in saying this I would keep playing him for his ruck help for Grundy. Witts on the other hand is completely ineffective, first game back but just not sure if he'll ever be a player, he is young though so you never know.

I doubt any coach with this team would do anygood. With key players like Adams, Elliott, Moore and Fas in the team I would expect us to be more than competitive. Add and inform Cloke, Swan, Ramsay and Shazza to the list and I'd be expecting us to go deep into September.

Bucks might never get the chance but there is hope that with these guys back in the team some coach will get us winning again.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 pm

melliot wrote:
Thought the players tried. I didn't think the effort was too bad. Much better than against port.

But the usual easy goals are being scored against us. We continue to look disorganised defensively. Our backline is always in a scramble.

Marsh, Frost, Maynard, look completely hopeless with the ball in hand. I have only wishful thinking when they have the ball.

Can I please express my complete distain for players whom use a banana over their wrong foot. Players paid as much as CEOs, but can't kick competently with the left. It is a complete lack of professionalism.

Wits, Grundy, Cox mix was never ever going to win today. It was an act of desperation at the selection table and shows we are on the wrong path with this coaching group.

Do we really have to go through another year of this rubbish? I voted with my lack of attendance today. I went to the netball yesterday instead. At least the vixens can play as a team. Not a bunch of headless chooks.

Can we win another game for the season?

Maynard kicked a goal a lot of our forwards over the years could only dream about.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 pm

loch wrote:
Yep, nailed it, Melliot. I don't think that lack of effort as Whatsinaname suggested was the prime factor. We tried alright. It was the fact that we are totally lacking in organised transition away from the contest - hence so many less uncontested possies. No structure at all, in short, and that's a coaching issue, not a player issue. I also suspect that we are still trying to re-create 2010; but that's a hiding to nothing in 2016. We fell hook line and sinker for the 'best player=best coach' myth and we are paying dearly for it. History says it just isn't so (and I do remember Matthews, a glaring exception). Rolling Eyes

I pretty much agree, but the minus 100 odd in uncontested possessions gives me pause to reconsider....

Its all academic in any case, I think we can all agree that we look every bit the bottom 4 side unfortunately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: