Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Shooting in gay nightclub in Florida kills 50

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not letting anymore in would be a start.

Sure, we're all 'people' but ya wouldn't put a rottweiler with a poodle, would you?

Last on yours David, first on mine, and, a hell of a lot of others I know.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:05 pm

Wokko wrote:
And I really seem to have to say this. Again.

The Crusades were a defensive war to recapture lands taken FROM Christians and Jews by Muslims. Lands taken by conquest and migration. Lets hope we don't need another $£$%^%%$ Crusade to take back Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade

And I'll have to remind you again that only 6% of the European population, or 44 million, are Muslim. Of that number, over 6 million are from countries with traditional Muslim populations like Bulgaria, Albania, Bosnia and Kosovo, plus a large portion of the 10 million or so Muslims in Russia who are from the traditionally Islamic parts of the Caucusus. So, the percentage of first, second or third generation Muslim immigrants (the 'invasion' you're referring to) in Europe is probably more like about 4.5%. As with the old Yellow Peril discourse that led to the White Australia Policy, white nationalists will worry about Muslims 'outbreeding' white Europeans, but they'd better get a move on if this is going to be an issue in either of our lifetimes. So yeah, I kind of think the claims that the Muslims are taking over are hysterical and xenophobic.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:08 pm

I don't think his actions have much to do with Islam at all. He obviously had significant mental health issues long long before he decided to murder.

He had very fleeting and superficial associations with radical Islam - e.g. looked at a website or two, made a comment or two - I think he rang the police during his murderous spree claiming allegiance to not only daesh but other radical Islamic groups and individuals such as the Boston marathon bombers in an attempt to shift the blame of his actions from his own feelings of failure which it seems may have included his repressed sexual desires that disgusted him to one of " perceived glory". I think that realisation is what changed his parents position so quickly!

I don't like guns, I don't understand the gun mentality, I don't get the attachment and passion for guns especially the septics apparent obsession with their right to have them - but if they must have guns ( and it seems they must) why do they need assault thingys that can kill so many so quickly?

This I really don't understand Confused

npalm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Skids wrote:
Not letting anymore in would be a start.

And then what?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Something wrong with your spellcheck, changes Americans to something defamatory
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:50 pm

For a start stop being 'culturally sensitive' to shit like FGM, child sex and marriages, rampant domestic abuse, honour killings, Sharia law, fundamentalist education, radical clerics visiting and spewing hate, cultural isolation and ghettoisation. That's off the top of my head.

The only people who talk about rounding people up and deporting or killing are the regressive left trying to somehow maintain the fiction that Radical Islam and Progressive Leftism are compatible bedfellows. I've said over and over that you lot from the GLBT movement to college intellectuals are the first up against the wall, and us on the Right will keep trying to defend you from yourselves while you spit in our faces, calling us bigots, islamophobes and racists.
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 am

FGM, Child sex and marriage, domestic abuse, honour killings are already illegal.
Hate spewing types are usually not granted a visa (although I see on the news tonight that one snuck thru the net.)

I'm not trying to be a smartarse (at least not yet) I'm just trying to understand what a detailed program to eliminate Islam in Australia would involve. Who knows I might even support it if I could be convinced that it would work.

Let me have a go:

1. Stop all further muslim immigration.
2. Open negotiations with other countries to take our 500,000 muslims off our hands.
3. Encourage our muslims to emigrate to these countries.

Steps 2 & 3 are going to be expensive. The receiving countries will want some quid pro quo and the muslims will need some significant financial incentive to leave.

I'm not convinced my plan would work. Not without bankrupting the country.
Do you have a better one?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 am

Sure, they're illegal, but what's the point of laws that aren't enforced. We as a society want to tip toe around these barbarities in the name of tolerance, when we should be showing nothing but intolerance.

I think assimilation and secularization are better options than deportation. Iran (pre Revolution) and Turkey (pre Erdogan) were models of Islamic secularism. Lets aim for that rather than accepting backwards savagery. Stopping anything beyond token immigration would help that, at least until we figure things out.
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:56 am

Okay. If assimilation and secularisation are the way to eliminate Islam then how do you enforce this? i.e. what are the steps we need to implement to bring about assimilation and secularisation?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:46 am

Oh my god in one page we go from a nutter with a gun claiming to be all sorts of things, to wanting to wipe out 1/2 a million people in our own back yard. I know a fair few Muslims and not one stops to pray 20 times a day. My kids are Catholic, they don't go to church anymore, and they don't hate homosexuals, blah blah blah. Most of those 500,000 are just normal everyday people who just want to live and be free.

Certainly stop them building whole towns that exclude others, but hey you'd say the same thing about Jonestown and 7th day Adventists!

This guy had mental issues, probably not helped by growing up in a religion that doesn't like a big portion of the population, not helped by not being able to let his true self out there, not helped by living in a city with a high density of gay people too. Not helped by the fact he was able to get such a dangerous weapon (I'll heed the advice of those who know more about guns and reframe from calling it the wrong thing) and then somehow get into a gun free zone with it.

Controlling any one of this guys issues might have helped but would it have stopped him? What might have made it a lot less damaging and easy would be not having access to a high powered killing machine. Why the hell does anyone need (or want for that matter) something with those capabilities? I get why a bank robber might fancy one. That's about it.

It's the hard core fanatics that follow any religion that need to be sorted out. Stopping ISIS is a good start. But please, leave my lovely neighbours alone.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:26 pm

think positive wrote:

It's rhyming slang. Septic Tanks = Yanks
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:12 pm

5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:

so call them tanks, but I can't see anything rhyming with septics

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:23 pm

think positive wrote:
5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:

It's old rhyming slang to refer to yanks as Septics, not an insult, Wink

Unless you say it to a southerner who takes offence at being called a Yankee.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 pm

A perspective.

Quote:
IN THE past week Islamist terrorists have launched deadly attacks against civilians in places as disparate as the United States, Syria, Israel, France and the Philippines.

You’d expect this carnage would prompt a careful examination of the ideology motivating these attacks but our leaders, and much of the commentariat, steadfastly refuse to acknowledge let alone discuss Islam’s role in acts of terror around the world.

Instead they indulge in the most cowardly moral equivocation imaginable, one that gives cover to extremists. Worse, they attempt to intimidate and silence those who dare acknowledge the proverbial elephant in the room. Anyone who admits the undeniable link between Islam and Islamist acts of terror is accused of Islamophobia.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/rita-panahi-we-must-call-out-this-bigotry/news-story/a414108363d446a1d8157b7b6cbbc274

Not a bad read IMHO.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:

It's old rhyming slang to refer to yanks as Septics, not an insult, Wink

Unless you say it to a southerner who takes offence at being called a Yankee.

Somehow I don't think my American friends would see it that way!

But thankyou both for the explanation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: