Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are injuries a legitimate reason for our performances?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries, had no effect on that pathetic effort on Sunday
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Injuries have been a major factor, plus the rapid loss of form of Cloke and Brown.

I also think that we lack a big, strong bodied midfielder to smash open packs and get the ball out to outside players like Pendles and Sidey. I think Treloar should be used more as an outside player, but we need a bigger bodied mid to get it out to him. De Goey was groomed for this role, and should be up for it in a year or two, but fwiw, I suspect he's been playing injured all year. Losing Adams is a massive blow.

The biggest disappointment for me this year has been the performances of our midfield group. With Pendles, Treloar and Sidey, we should be dominating clearances, but instead we are being beaten there most weeks. This, more than anything else, is our Achilles heal.

I thought we did dominate the clearances against Port Adelaide but were totally worked over by Port in the running department when we lost possession of the football (and that was mostly through sloppy turnover). I'm sick of making excuses for our team who are clearly not prepared to work as hard as other teams when they have the ball. Yes, we have injuries, but all sides suffer injuries and we just aren't prepared to work hard enough for long enough against teams who value winning more than we do. And please don't tell me De Goey is playing injured. Sorry, once he takes the field he has to work as hard as everybody else out there, but all I saw out there was a kid with a heap of talent who is lazy on the field. Please don't mention De Goey in the same breath as Pendles, Treloar and Sidey who have all been courageous against the odds all season. Pity they haven't had much help from a few of their teammates.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:10 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
If the club starts to use the old 'injuries excuse' again this year to explain why we're shit - I'm frankly going to vomit.

You will upset thompsoc with a comment like that dude...... Shocked

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Injuries aren't an excuse.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Culprit wrote:
It's not so much the injuries, it's who is actually injured.

THIS- NO club, repeat NO club, with key players out like swan, Elliott, taylor adams, moore, fas, Ramsay, Williams, brown etc, would be competitive, ongoing injuries have crippled our side this season, again. Sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm

JamesJ wrote:

Total bullshit so guys like moore, taylor adams, fasolo, swan, Elliott etc etc, make no difference too you. ??? What a dumb newbie comment, been on here one day and comes up with this rot. Unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

Total bullshit so guys like moore, taylor adams, fasolo, swan, Elliott etc etc, make no difference too you. ??? What a dumb newbie comment, been on here one day and comes up with this rot. Unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I agree to a point. But juries are no Excuse for the 22 out there Not having a Crack in the second quarter. (The kids get tired the second all, but the seniors need to stand up for longer) or going back to such dumb football. But I don't blame the players for that, I blame that idiot zoning crap.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:08 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

I agree to a point. But juries are no Excuse for the 22 out there Not having a Crack in the second quarter. (The kids get tired the second all, but the seniors need to stand up for longer) or going back to such dumb football. But I don't blame the players for that, I blame that idiot zoning crap.

Trouble is,we are devoid of senior guys out there, didn't we have five guys who have played about twelve games between them. ??

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

Trouble is,we are devoid of senior guys out there, didn't we have five guys who have played about twelve games between them. ??

Did u even go to the game

How does injuries explain a game plan that adopts feck all accountability to dangerous forwards which results in bizillion goal square goals week after week after week.

The remaining tolerance for this coaching debacle is doing this club damage.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:47 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

Did u even go to the game

How does injuries explain a game plan that adopts feck all accountability to dangerous forwards which results in bizillion goal square goals week after week after week.

The remaining tolerance for this coaching debacle is doing this club damage.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior who never played a game in his life I bet. Rolling Eyes

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:50 pm

I went on Sunday as I said in another thread.

Had a look at my record pre-match to do a preview in my mind of the game. I counted Swan (he will retire), Elliot, Adams, Fasolo & Moore from our best team. I didn't include Langdon as he is now / should be a borderline 22 player with the emergence of Howe as an intercept player/3rd tall.

Then had a look at Port. They were missing Ryder, Jonas, Homsch, White & Shultz from their best 22. I was tempted to include Lobbe but with Ryder is like Langdon, a fringe 22 player who doesn't improve the team in the position he is vying with.

So we had 5 best players out and one of those players will probably not play in 2017. Port had 5 best 22 players out on Sunday too.mOn that basis, I can't explain why we lost by 11 goals on the amount of injuries. Both sides had the same avaliablity to their best 22 than each side.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:58 pm

JamesJ wrote:

Had a look at my record pre-match to do a preview in my mind of the game. I counted Swan (he will retire), Elliot, Adams, Fasolo & Moore from our best team. I didn't include Langdon as he is now / should be a borderline 22 player with the emergence of Howe as an intercept player/3rd tall.

Then had a look at Port. They were missing Ryder, Jonas, Homsch, White & Shultz from their best 22. I was tempted to include Lobbe but with Ryder is like Langdon, a fringe 22 player who doesn't improve the team in the position he is vying with.

So we had 5 best players out and one of those players will probably not play in 2017. Port had 5 best 22 players out on Sunday too.mOn that basis, I can't explain why we lost by 11 goals on the amount of injuries. Both sides had the same avaliablity to their best 22 than each side.

You left out Ramsay, who was doing really well, Scharenberg, who is a top ten pick, and swan wont retire, and Port have no player to equal him at his best. Brown has been a loss downback, lacking match fitness. A couple of those Port guys aren't in their best team, get real, our injuries are far more damaging than Ports, and they have had a settled side lately, unlike us.

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

You left out Ramsay, who was doing really well, Scharenberg, who is a top ten pick, and swan wont retire, and Port have no player to equal him at his best. Brown has been a loss downback, lacking match fitness. A couple of those Port guys aren't in their best team, get real, our injuries are far more damaging than Ports, and they have had a settled side lately, unlike us.

I didn't include Scharenberg as he has only played 4 games. He is not at this stage a best 22 player. Brown is not a best 22 player anymore as he was dropped before he was injured. Ramsay is still a borderline player and is very promising but he hasn't established himself as a best 22 player over a full season yet. So we can't really use those players as best 22 players.

The injury excuse doesn't explain a 11 goal loss.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 pm

JamesJ wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

I didn't include Scharenberg as he has only played 4 games. He is not at this stage a best 22 player. Brown is not a best 22 player anymore as he was dropped before he was injured. Ramsay is still a borderline player and is very promising but he hasn't established himself as a best 22 player over a full season yet. So we can't really use those players as best 22 players.

WE also have a lot of kids in our side, and didn't we have five guys who have played only a combined handful of games between them, we are very inexperienced right now, that counts a lot.

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

WE also have a lot of kids in our side, and didn't we have five guys who have played only a combined handful of games between them, we are very inexperienced right now, that counts a lot.

Port had a guy making his debut and had 6 players who had played less than 20 games. The experience gap wasn't wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: