Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lowest crowd since 1999.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
There is no doubt that we have lost out identity. Things will get worse.

Dont fkn say that. They couldnt, surly.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:09 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
We've got from Ed taking over and re-organising in 1999 to the club being back in the same position as we were in 1999

Absolute nonsense. In 1999 we were wooden spooners, technically bankrupt and on the verge of extinction. Hardly the position we are in now. We are rich and powerful off field and hopefully will be powerful on field in 2017 2018 given a little luck with the injury gods.

What absolute rubbish.
We were never on the verge of extinction.... Never!
Another Eddie myth.
Lots of clubs run at a loss and sometimes for years on end.
But they can always rattle the can, knock on the AFL door etc, etc....
They also have a reasonable steady income stream from members and Media rights and merchandise so Banks can use that when considering an overdraft.
As for wooden spooners that would be good , but oh no we have given away next years first draft.
We got Fraser in 1999 and he was great for his first 4 or so years.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:22 am

You argue constantly for the removal of Buckley and Eddie and probably the whole administration thompsoc and yet, when confronted with facts to debunk your arguments, you dismiss the facts as rubbish. Hard to hold a rational argument with you on that basis.

I think even a cursory glance at the historical record, reveals that the banks were within days of pulling the plug. You may care to dismiss this but, they are the facts as reported by multiple sources. I suspect even Caro, the perennial whipping girl at Nick's, reported this fact on more than one occasion. But feel free to cloke yourself in myths of your own making.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:34 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
You argue constantly for the removal of Buckley and Eddie and probably the whole administration thompsoc and yet, when confronted with facts to debunk your arguments, you dismiss the facts as rubbish. Hard to hold a rational argument with you on that basis.

I think even a cursory glance at the historical record, reveals that the banks were within days of pulling the plug. You may care to dismiss this but, they are the facts as reported by multiple sources. I suspect even Caro, the perennial whipping girl at Nick's, reported this fact on more than one occasion. But feel free to cloke yourself in myths of your own making.

Well, you are right on two things.
I want Ed and Bux to go.
As for my myths, I will just quote one of my favourite captains "Neil Appleby you were wrong"

mark.jpg

mark.jpg

Medders85 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am

I reckon the lack of crowd was telling in the umpiring too. Two occasions there were Port Adelaide players who deliberately kicked the ball out of bounds.... no crowd noise screaming deliberate meant the umpires signalled to throw the ball in.... the umpires always get sucked in based on the crowd noise!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

I don't argue constantly for the removal of Buckley except for this year.
I said nothing in his first 2 years
started questioning his ability in 2015 and really called for his head this year.
As for Ed I have consistently argued for a USA system for a maximum of 2 terms.
!8 years is way too long for any position of power.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 am

I can understand an argument for any coach to be sacked when the team is under performing, they will forever be the scape goat, but Ed? That's a poor excuse to look for someone to blame.

Any key to attracting crowds is winning games of football, regardless of the weather, foxtel, time slot etc.

A little bit of luck and getting a consistent string of games into a settled team and things will change quickly.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:57 am

Cam wrote:
Collingwood and in particular the AFL killed the golden goose last year. With the horrible scheduling of twilight games and many games not being on free to air, many of the Black and White army got Foxtel. Foxtel is such an overpriced investment that many now have decided to stay home and get value for money, instead of overpriced food, a visual gamut of advertising and those terribly long goal advertising pieces after one is kicked.

AFL has peaked, and free wifi at the G won't be enough. The millennials have far too many choices to be the rusted on and loyal supporters that their forebears have been. They give up sport, don't play it at recess, and are not engaged or patient enough to endure for success. That's why they love 20/20 cricket. All the bs with the music and flashing chemist warehouse at the footy won't cut it because the product needs persistence, love, commitment and its too easy to get a fix in other pursuits.

Exactly. Where do we sit on average crowd numbers relative to every other club? I'd imagine we're still there abouts. Attend as often as I can but $65 for a reserved seat on the 2nd level yesterday on top of a return trip from Bendigo and it's not cheap entertainment.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:52 pm

How is it nonsense Neil?

Ed himself said he'd drive to the MCG in the middle of winter to watch a brave but outmatched team, the crowds were really low, people were dropping off...

Sounds like 1999 to me!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Damn straight they were, the Banks, in 1986, we were skint, came within one hour of declaring us insolvent, according to then President Alan Mcallistar. We had to tin rattle and send in cash to save the club, we had a telethon, I recall I phoned up and gave ten dollars. You are absolutely correct Neil.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Damn straight they were, the Banks, in 1986, we were skint, came within one hour of declaring us insolvent, according to then President Alan Mcallistar. We had to tin rattle and send in cash to save the club, we had a telethon, I recall I phoned up and gave ten dollars. You are absolutely correct Neil.

ahhhhh Neil talked about 1998 not 1986.
Speck savers please.
But even in 1986 no rattling of the cans came out in any serious way.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Speck savers please.

Yes smarty pants, I know he was referring to the other year, but that too was very dicey, we were in terrible financial strife, you cant change history, as for 86, there was tin rattling, it was pretty damn bad, and I do recall that Telethon, it was called the Magpie Winter Offensive, and I spoke to Jamie turner when I phoned up, things were dire, that's a historical fact ol son. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Shouldn't the title of the thread be changed to lowest crowd since 2005,since it's been ascertained that it was the lowest crowd since 2005,not 1999?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Speck savers please.

Yes smarty pants, I know he was referring to the other year, but that too was very dicey, we were in terrible financial strife, you cant change history, as for 86, there was tin rattling, it was pretty damn bad, and I do recall that Telethon, it was called the Magpie Winter Offensive, and I spoke to Jamie turner when I phoned up, things were dire, that's a historical fact ol son. Surprised

Jamie Turner now that is a name from the past.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Anyone else notice the Collingwood Football Club does not mention Membership numbers these days? Memberships are down along with attendance and reality its easy to understand. This is what happens when your season starts crap and doesn't get any better. We have not had this experience for a long time. We can point the finger at who is to blame and in saying that we are simply having a shocker of a season. The days of the old die hard supporter are long gone and those days are long gone. The reality is people have so many options these days and unfortunately football takes a back seat, especially if your team is losing week in and week out and struggling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: