Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lowest crowd since 1999.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I will try to be 70k+
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:38 pm

So what was the figure?
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:49 am

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:52 am

Magpie Jack wrote:
Collingwood's average crowd numbers over the last 7 seasons ....

2010 - 63,917 (Premiership year with a replay)
2011 - 60,959
2012 - 56,635 (New Coach)
2013 - 53,754
2014 - 47,647
2015 - 47,953
2016 - 48,219 (after 13 games)

That's a drop of 15,698 per game since 2010, down 25%
Sad numbers and even worse when you consider Australia's population has grown by 10% over the same period.

The AFL average (all clubs combined) has dropped from 38,417 to 33,000 (14%) over the same period.

May as well get the suburban grounds going again.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/attendances?year=2016&t=A&h=A&s=T

This could really simply be explained by the fact that 25% of pies fans who go to the footy are fair weather supporters (or opposition fans who like to watch elite football).

I'd be shocked if those numbers wouldn't be better if our win loss ratio was 20-2 like in 2011!!!!

As for the league average - Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and Carlton are all terrible at the same time and the elite teams are North Melbourne, western bulldogs and GWS. Shockingly, crowds are down overall!!!!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:37 pm

E wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

2011 - 60,959
2013 - 53,754
2014 - 47,647
2015 - 47,953

Sad numbers and even worse when you consider Australia's population has grown by 10% over the same period.

The AFL average (all clubs combined) has dropped from 38,417 to 33,000 (14%) over the same period.

This could really simply be explained by the fact that 25% of pies fans who go to the footy are fair weather supporters (or opposition fans who like to watch elite football).

I'd be shocked if those numbers wouldn't be better if our win loss ratio was 20-2 like in 2011!!!!

As for the league average - Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and Carlton are all terrible at the same time and the elite teams are North Melbourne, western bulldogs and GWS. Shockingly, crowds are down overall!!!!

Stop that! Common sense like that just flies in the face of all this manufactured angst and needs to be stopped.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Imagine what the crowd will be against Fremantle and the Suns.

Worse than imagined, i'd suggest...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:

2011 - 60,959
2013 - 53,754
2014 - 47,647
2015 - 47,953

With virtually all games now televised live, either on free to air or on pay TV, I'm surprised attendances haven't fallen further.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Hahaha, I love the desperation of the flat-earthers!
"No! it's, it's, um... the... um... the weather, no, the economy! or the fans, or the grounds, how about Foxtel!? It could be Foxtel! Or the... well, it's certainly not Buckley!"

OH, but it IS kiddies!
You can throw around all the horsesh!t arguments and silly numbers you like, but it won't change the fact that Collingwood supporters are sick of the excuses for keeping an obviously dud coach for 5 bloody years, when it is absolutely clear to ANYONE who looks with open eyes that our coach is bloody awful. His attitude is ridiculous, his training methods are draconian & backward, his tactics are non-existent, his chosen fitness staff are a joke and are not only causing us the greatest run of injuries in the history of the game, they are also causing great players to retire early, to leave the club, or to miss whole seasons of their short careers. He doesn't give a rat's arse because he is an arrogant Figjam who takes zero responsibility for ANYTHING that has happened to this club over the worst five years since last century. He also knows the dictator of the club will never sack him despite constant lies from both men that they always put the club first.

Frankly I can't take much more of this shit! If these two arrogant pricks won't look down at the million or so of us screaming at them to piss off! Yep, that's where they've taken us. Buckley and McGuire have gone from my favourite player and favourite president to two guys who are doing so much damage to the club I wish they would both just piss off and let us win games! Its one thing losing games when our side is weak, it's quite another when we have a list capable of beating anyone, but we get beaten because ONE peron is killing us and won't do the decent thing.

Now let us end this idiotic rubbish about attendances, its really VERY simple.

If Collingwood were undefeated since the bye, who here believes that the Gold Coast game would have had the lowest attendance for a Magpie game this century?

ANYONE?

Gee, I wonder if they'll answer?
Nope, they'll go after me and prevaricate and hem & haw about something else as they always do when their complete lack of ANY reasonable answer for hanging onto the worst coach since... actually ever! I've just realised that Buckley is easily the worst Collingwood coach in history! Look at the list! Who else has been this uniformly shite over five looooong years?!?!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:43 pm

35forever wrote:
Hahaha, I love the desperation of the flat-earthers!
"No! it's, it's, um... the... um... the weather, no, the economy! or the fans, or the grounds, how about Foxtel!? It could be Foxtel! Or the... well, it's certainly not Buckley!"

OH, but it IS kiddies!
You can throw around all the horsesh!t arguments and silly numbers you like, but it won't change the fact that Collingwood supporters are sick of the excuses for keeping an obviously dud coach for 5 bloody years, when it is absolutely clear to ANYONE who looks with open eyes that our coach is bloody awful. His attitude is ridiculous, his training methods are draconian & backward, his tactics are non-existent, his chosen fitness staff are a joke and are not only causing us the greatest run of injuries in the history of the game, they are also causing great players to retire early, to leave the club, or to miss whole seasons of their short careers. He doesn't give a rat's arse because he is an arrogant Figjam who takes zero responsibility for ANYTHING that has happened to this club over the worst five years since last century. He also knows the dictator of the club will never sack him despite constant lies from both men that they always put the club first.

Frankly I can't take much more of this shit! If these two arrogant pricks won't look down at the million or so of us screaming at them to piss off! Yep, that's where they've taken us. Buckley and McGuire have gone from my favourite player and favourite president to two guys who are doing so much damage to the club I wish they would both just piss off and let us win games! Its one thing losing games when our side is weak, it's quite another when we have a list capable of beating anyone, but we get beaten because ONE peron is killing us and won't do the decent thing.

Now let us end this idiotic rubbish about attendances, its really VERY simple.

If Collingwood were undefeated since the bye, who here believes that the Gold Coast game would have had the lowest attendance for a Magpie game this century?

ANYONE?

Gee, I wonder if they'll answer?
Nope, they'll go after me and prevaricate and hem & haw about something else as they always do when their complete lack of ANY reasonable answer for hanging onto the worst coach since... actually ever! I've just realised that Buckley is easily the worst Collingwood coach in history! Look at the list! Who else has been this uniformly shite over five looooong years?!?!

So is it team performance or Buckley?

I know I for 1 wouldn't have gotten to anymore games than I have already irrespective of our results this season. If I can go, I go, it's that simple. I don't need the team to be sitting on top of the ladder to motivate me like some fair weather supporter. That said, if we'd won every game I'd certainly be going to the finals games so I guess they count as extra games I'd attend in your hypothetical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: