Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lowest crowd since 1999.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Be even lower next week, for the deeeees pretend grand final.

40,000 Dees fans for turn up. Why wouldn't they when they know they'll beat the Pies on Queens Birthday.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:38 pm

It's multiple reasons.
Sunday afternoon football attendances for struggling teams are low.
People do not like Sunday afternoon games, full stop.
Weather is crap, game is on Foxtel is another reason not too attend.
Memberships is down an estimated 20%.
Expected to lose means less people go.
Port Adelaide supporters don't travel so that is even less people.
People are pissed off with the teams non performance after the rhetoric we copped all Summer.

This all adds up to a Massive drop in attendance.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Culprit wrote:
It's multiple reasons.
People are pissed off with the teams non performance after the rhetoric we copped all Summer.

Last week was a gut-wrenching loss and I'm sure a lot of people put a line through any hope they had for this season when the injury toll became apparent. Couple that with all of the above and what do people expect? A packed house?

(btw, according to SEN it was the lowest crowd since 2004, not 1999. I guess that fact doesn't quite fit the doomsday narrative quite as well though Smile)
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
bug eyes McLachlan will be concerned

I don't think he's too worried about football to be honest.I think polo is more his game.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Redlight wrote:
Culprit wrote:
It's multiple reasons.

Last week was a gut-wrenching loss and I'm sure a lot of people put a line through any hope they had for this season when the injury toll became apparent. Couple that with all of the above and what do people expect? A packed house?

(btw, according to SEN it was the lowest crowd since 2004, not 1999. I guess that fact doesn't quite fit the doomsday narrative quite as well though Smile)

In fact it was 2005 against Fremantle.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:07 pm

There is no doubt that we have lost out identity. Things will get worse.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Collingwood and in particular the AFL killed the golden goose last year. With the horrible scheduling of twilight games and many games not being on free to air, many of the Black and White army got Foxtel. Foxtel is such an overpriced investment that many now have decided to stay home and get value for money, instead of overpriced food, a visual gamut of advertising and those terribly long goal advertising pieces after one is kicked.

AFL has peaked, and free wifi at the G won't be enough. The millennials have far too many choices to be the rusted on and loyal supporters that their forebears have been. They give up sport, don't play it at recess, and are not engaged or patient enough to endure for success. That's why they love 20/20 cricket. All the bs with the music and flashing chemist warehouse at the footy won't cut it because the product needs persistence, love, commitment and its too easy to get a fix in other pursuits.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Cam wrote:
Collingwood and in particular the AFL killed the golden goose last year. With the horrible scheduling of twilight games and many games not being on free to air, many of the Black and White army got Foxtel. Foxtel is such an overpriced investment that many now have decided to stay home and get value for money, instead of overpriced food, a visual gamut of advertising and those terribly long goal advertising pieces after one is kicked.

AFL has peaked, and free wifi at the G won't be enough. The millennials have far too many choices to be the rusted on and loyal supporters that their forebears have been. They give up sport, don't play it at recess, and are not engaged or patient enough to endure for success. That's why they love 20/20 cricket. All the bs with the music and flashing chemist warehouse at the footy won't cut it because the product needs persistence, love, commitment and its too easy to get a fix in other pursuits.

You say foxtel is overpriced, but consider this.

A month costs $115 with two connections. That gives me 4 live Collingwood games. Consider the cost of getting a family of four to these four games for the same month and foxtel starts to look pretty damn cheap.

I also save four hour a weekend in travel and waiting time too. I can be doing stuff right up until game time and resume whatever I was doing as soon as the final silent sounds.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Exactly.

What I meant was that it was overpriced for TV. As you say, still alot cheaper than taking a family or even just yourself to the footy.

Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:10 pm

TV is a factor but the crowds would be higher if we played an exciting brand of football. It is torture watching us play. Mason Cox is literally the only exciting player in the team.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Cam wrote:

It's much to easy now to shut out the losing teams and focus on the winners

If a kid "suddenly" supports Golden State, they can focus their energy on that - Collingwood? 4-7? Forget that!

It's a much more instant gratification world, with way more chances.

To roll out this bland and beige team and expect people to come in this world, it's just impossible

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Yesss, where were all these Golden State fans when it was Chris Mullin and Tim Hardaway!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:33 pm

VictoryPark wrote:
Bug eyes McLachlan......lolz. Laughing

A shame about next week as for mine it's all about Neale Daniher and supporting his freeze MND cause.

I hope we can put our poor year behind us and at least support Neale and his battle.

This time the individual is bigger than the two clubs.

Yep, lost a friend to this awful disease last year, he was only 54, and he was gone 12 months from being diagnosed. Noticed he was slurring his words.

I'll be there

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:27 am

The_Staunton wrote:
We've got from Ed taking over and re-organising in 1999 to the club being back in the same position as we were in 1999

Absolute nonsense. In 1999 we were wooden spooners, technically bankrupt and on the verge of extinction. Hardly the position we are in now. We are rich and powerful off field and hopefully will be powerful on field in 2017 2018 given a little luck with the injury gods.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:38 am

Magpiefan3 wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Culprit wrote:
It's multiple reasons.

In fact it was 2005 against Fremantle.
We may break that record against the same team if it's a bitterly cold and wet Friday night on the 22nd of June. Funny enough it's probably the only game I am going to attend this year. In full knowledge I know I will get a seat. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: