Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Yep, 5 points better than hawthorn in 2011 and 40 points worse than Geelong. Then, the next year, 40 points worse than Hawthorn and 16 worse than Sydney. I think the pattern was prettty clear. Thomas, L Brown Jolly, Ball Davis Johnson Didak all near the end. Heritier starring in his own political comedy. The big killer, i think, was Jolly. Winning sides need seasoned and winning ruckmen. It was Jolly that gave us 2010's victory but he was cooked soon after.

2011 team was better than 2010 even though we didnt win the flag. 20-2 for the home and away!!!
The football world was talking about a dynasty because we were so young.

So you are saying the 20-2 season was the peak, and from that moment on we dropped away. The fact that this was when Buckley started was a complete coincidence. Its all down to a small number of older players retiring over the next few years.
That fact that we declined steadily for the following years still isnt his fault.
Here we are 5 years later and still no improvment but thats just bad luck and injuries.

Can anyone point to one positive thing under Bucks? Just one. I genuinely cant see any.

Loved the bloke as a player but looking at his coaching objectively, everything says 5 years of failure with no sign things are going to improve.

Clearly we are keeping him so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me be wrong. Ive been saying that for a couple of years now though.

God I hate that "youngest team" catch cry...

It's not just the quantum, it's the who.

Jolly was probably the most significant player to go as we had no back up. He gave us next to nothing in 2012 & 13 but we now need to wait for Grundy and Witts to hit their sweet spot. We saw on Friday night how pitting a developing ruckman against 1 of the leagues best, supported by a mature established midfield, can cut you up. Look at all our loses this year, most stem from a breakdown of the midfield.

Didak and Krakouer were the forward line x-factor we now all crave. Ball provided much of the midfield grunt. Maxwell was the defensive general.

You can go all the way back to the 2010 draft and look at who we've lost and what they meant to the team. We've been lucky to grab some quality kids but they were never going to be an immediate like-like replacement, they'll take time.

Freo essentially lost McPharlin, Duffield and Duffy at the end of 2015 and look where they are now.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 pm

AFTER tonights great win over the Weagles, a fantastic result and our third big scalp, surely Bucks now must be allowed at least too see out his contract for next season. We are on the right path now, just need to polish up our skills and ball disposal a bit, we are a young team and this is common in young developing teams. We are on our way now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
AFTER tonights great win over the Weagles, a fantastic result and our third big scalp, surely Bucks now must be allowed at least to see out his contract for next season...

Providing we beat Richmond next week, and display some sort of united competitive effort against Whorethorn at the death.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 pm

I am and have always been a Bucks fan. however, I can really see where the frustration comes from. we seem to need to completely outplay our opponents in order to win a game because the opposition is too often allowed to score easy goals while slicing our structure to shreds. eagles still scored far to many easy goals. I wonder if its just the fact that we have a few weak links or whether in fact its the Collingwood structures that are deficient.

this is an area we must improve.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:28 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
AFTER tonights great win over the Weagles, a fantastic result and our third big scalp, surely Bucks now must be allowed at least to see out his contract for next season...

Providing we beat Richmond next week, and display some sort of united competitive effort against Whorethorn at the death.

I'd hardly call west coast a big scalp. The endeavour was great, structure and set ups at stoppages good, the over use of the ball by hand was dreadful and well the skills speak for themselves.

A game style that relies on 118 tackles a game is just not sustainable. The coast to coast goals from points returned with vigour today. I honestly don't see how we are in any different a position to this time last year. Treading water with an erratic game style that is picked apart when it matters.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Today was another great example of our coaching staff have to go. The decision making by our players costing turnovers is all about non direction from the coaching department. I've watch u17's with better skills kicking under pressure. After the player screws up, no one is addressing the issue. I get very frustrated watching all these so called professional footballers screw up on s consistant basis.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
AFTER tonights great win over the Weagles, a fantastic result and our third big scalp, surely Bucks now must be allowed at least too see out his contract for next season. We are on the right path now, just need to polish up our skills and ball disposal a bit, we are a young team and this is common in young developing teams. We are on our way now.

We're on our way to 12th. I'm glad you're enjoying the ride.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I'd hardly call west coast a big scalp. The endeavour was great, structure and set ups at stoppages good, the over use of the ball by hand was dreadful and well the skills speak for themselves.

A game style that relies on 118 tackles a game is just not sustainable. The coast to coast goals from points returned with vigour today. I honestly don't see how we are in any different a position to this time last year.
Treading water with an erratic game style that is picked apart when it matters.

Not suggesting the disposal wasn't putrid [as usual], but it is harder to remove a coach from his post when the side is winning, or at least having a solid crack at teams in the eight over for quarters, when closing out the season.
2014 & 2015 latter season form was abhorrent, let's hope August 2016 doesn't play out that way?

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:10 pm

piedys wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

A game style that relies on 118 tackles a game is just not sustainable. The coast to coast goals from points returned with vigour today. I honestly don't see how we are in any different a position to this time last year.

Not suggesting the disposal wasn't putrid [as usual], but it is harder to remove a coach from his post when the side is winning, or at least having a solid crack at teams in the eight over for quarters, when closing out the season.
2014 & 2015 latter season form was abhorrent, let's hope August 2016 doesn't play out that way?

I hear what your saying. For me it comes back to whether he is getting the best out of they playing group? My answer to that is no.

There is no genuine reason if we were playing to our potential that we didn't win today by 6 goals plus, and look far more classy in doing so. Over use of hands killed us time and again. It caused unnecessary turnovers. Moore's loss certainly unsettled the side, but as the 4th quarter showed, it wasn't his injured that caused the poor execution and play in the 3rd qtr.

As the commentators said WCE were actually fielding a young side. 7 players with less than 50 games, vs Coll 8 players. And without NikNat their mid feild is basically useless.

I just have very little confidence in Buckley's ability to get the best out of the playing group.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:25 pm

It goes like this:
Win = Keep Bux
Lose = Sack Bux
Simple really!

MONCO: Your life.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I hear what your saying. For me it comes back to whether he is getting the best out of they playing group? My answer to that is no.

There is no genuine reason if we were playing to our potential that we didn't win today by 6 goals plus, and look far more classy in doing so. Over use of hands killed us time and again. It caused unnecessary turnovers. Moore's loss certainly unsettled the side, but as the 4th quarter showed, it wasn't his injured that caused the poor execution and play in the 3rd qtr.

As the commentators said WCE were actually fielding a young side. 7 players with less than 50 games, vs Coll 8 players. And without NikNat their mid feild is basically useless.

I just have very little confidence in Buckley's ability to get the best out of the playing group.

Pretty simple really - if we had kicked better when shooting for goal we would have won by 6 goals or more... the pies had some nice snaps goals under pressure and some stepped up but there were plenty of goals missed that should not have missed. Yes they overused the handballs sometimes - but it was good to see them take the game on and play a quicker game rather than the slow stale kick sideways and back go slow style.

So they had a reasonably young side this week - we are still younger - and better! We are going up and they are going down - will pass em next year and will not be looking back for a while after that!

Bux will outlast their coach...

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Pretty simple really - if we had kicked better when shooting for goal we would have won by 6 goals or more... the pies had some nice snaps goals under pressure and some stepped up but there were plenty of goals missed that should not have missed. Yes they overused the handballs sometimes - but it was good to see them take the game on and play a quicker game rather than the slow stale kick sideways and back go slow style.

So they had a reasonably young side this week - we are still younger - and better! We are going up and they are going down - will pass em next year and will not be looking back for a while after that!

Bux will outlast their coach...

I like your optimism. If we kick straight with our current game plan yes we may have won by 6 goals. If we actually stop over using the ball and kick straight we create even more opportunities up fwd and win by 8 goals plus.

And yes nice to see the play on. But so many of our disposals by hand dont serve any real purpose and are forced. It actually kept WCE in the game. We also used to be a side that played on after marks a lot under Malthouse. The difference being the clear intention was to get it quick up the other end by foot. 213 handpasses is just taking the p1ss.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 pm

WCE midfield useless without Nic-Nat? Pridis is so crap he won a brownlow...

Don't underplay the win. They're a good team, just not as good in Melbourne as they are in Perth. We're improving. We will keep improving and showing grit and guts to win, even ugly, is a great sign.

Our midfield is pretty good, so is theirs, but I think the biggest improvement in our group has come from the players on the periphery - The bottom 6 - 8 players in the team have improved markedly. Guys like Aish, Moore (this week), White, Crocker, Williams, Sinclair (was great last couple of games), De Goey, Smith have lifted, and Wills was dedicated tonight if not spectacular. When they get a bit of polish and game time together this group will be ok, I reckon. And a team like WCE, who the majority of players have played a lot of games together, should beat a team of kids who haven't - simple as that.

- Ben
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Bucks 'aint going anywhere.

Go Pies!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Agreed he isn't going no where... and we are going to get _exactly_ what we deserve. Choo Choo
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 46 of 110   

Jump to: