Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Whatever happens regarding Bucks position as our coach, I just hope that our club makes an informed decision, rather than responding to external supporter and media pressure.

Absolutely agree. I think we're fairly lucky that we have an administration that isn't under particular pressure. If they panic, we're screwed.

I think that we all agree on the most part with RudeBoy's basic premise on an informed decision.

The problem is, they haven't been doing that at all. It's been based purely on emotion and saving face. For me, I honestly believe we need a fully independent (100% i.e. no Eddie) and through review of our whole football department.

Hoping next year things will get better... doesn't change the fact that Bucks is an fairly average coach at best (yes I think 5 years is long enough to call it a 'fact', and honestly.. calling him 'average' is being generous). The hoping has been happing year after year and nothings changed, they just keep getting to the same spot... failed season, brush it under the carpet, hope for better next year, rinse and repeat, over and over.

We will continue to make ourselves heard until a 'real' course of action to rectify the current situation arises.

PS: Redlight your comment is <snip (self moderated) > , nothing could be further from the truth.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 pm

^ assumes they don't have an ongoing review regime and undertake a full review each year. I'd be very surprised if a multi-million dollar operation didn't do that. You choose to take a view that doubts the competence of the club but that doesn't make it any more real than my view or that of anyone else who doesn't actually know what goes on within the 4 walls.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 am

jackcass wrote:
^ assumes they don't have an ongoing review regime and undertake a full review each year. I'd be very surprised if a multi-million dollar operation didn't do that. You choose to take a view that doubts the competence of the club but that doesn't make it any more real than my view or that of anyone else who doesn't actually know what goes on within the 4 walls.

Anybody got any ideas when our club had its last fully 'independent' review on its football department, like everything, fully independent.

And yes I have doubts.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:03 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Anybody got any ideas when our club had its last fully 'independent' review on its football department, like everything, fully independent.

And yes I have doubts.

Independent reviews are like Royal commissions. You only have them when you can predict what the results are going to be.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:59 pm

I give Bucks a lot of respect for his recent comments when discussing whether he should have perhaps delayed the handover.
“Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I’d contend that group could have possibly contended in 2012 which it did, maybe in 2013, which we didn’t, but beyond that it was going to need regeneration anyway."

For him to admit the handover possibly cost us flags in 2012 and 2013 takes a lot of guts. Not many would be strong enough to say something like that publicly.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
I give Bucks a lot of respect for his recent comments when discussing whether he should have perhaps delayed the handover.
“Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I’d contend that group could have possibly contended in 2012 which it did, maybe in 2013, which we didn’t, but beyond that it was going to need regeneration anyway."

For him to admit the handover possibly cost us flags in 2012 and 2013 takes a lot of guts. Not many would be strong enough to say something like that publicly.

"contended" doesn't guarantee flags... see 2002, 2003, 2011 as examples.

I do agree though, always presents well in the media. Appears relatively open and thoughtful in his comments.
jmac70 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:19 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

I do agree though, always presents well in the media. Appears relatively open and thoughtful in his comments.

He is a master at manipulating the media. Whilst I don't doubt his honesty he has once again managed to take the sting out of supporter anger with some well chosen words.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm

jmac70 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

He is a master at manipulating the media. Whilst I don't doubt his honesty he has once again managed to take the sting out of supporter anger with some well chosen words.

I think I'm missing something here...
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:14 pm

I heard a simply bloody brilliant quote from a CEO of a top US Baseball Club today and I immediately thought of the Buckley haters on this thread.

It was stated "You must never base your club's decisions on comments in the media or from fans because if you do, you will soon join them"

Like I said, simply bloody brilliant...... Idea Cool

jmac70 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:14 pm

jackcass wrote:
jmac70 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

I think I'm missing something here...

It's quite simple really. By saying that he will be sacked if we miss the finals next year, Buckley is effectively owning that debate.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:17 pm

jmac70 wrote:
It's quite simple really. By saying that he will be sacked if we miss the finals next year, Buckley is effectively owning that debate.

I would have thought that Buck's was as usual simply being realistic and totally honest..... Rolling Eyes

jmac70 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
jmac70 wrote:

I would have thought that Buck's was as usual simply being realistic and totally honest..... Rolling Eyes

I agree that he was being honest. Do you think it was a good idea for him answer the question about his future beyond 2017? Alternatively he could have just played a straight bat.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:36 pm

jmac70 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jmac70 wrote:

I agree that he was being honest. Do you think it was a good idea for him answer the question about his future beyond 2017? Alternatively he could have just played a straight bat.

Thanks for the question and yes, if it was me, I would have answered it very honestly, just like Buck's did. I honestly don't think that playing silly mind games on this issue is valuable for any party concerned.

jmac70 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Lazza wrote:
jmac70 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jmac70 wrote:

Thanks for the question and yes, if it was me, I would have answered it very honestly, just like Buck's did. I honestly don't think that playing silly mind games on this issue is valuable for any party concerned.

It will be interesting to see if Bucks is offered a contract extension during the 2017 season.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Surely we wouldn't offer a Bucks a contract extension before or during the year.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 89 of 110   

Jump to: