Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think I am going to get _exactly_ what we deserve too?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:38 pm

HAL wrote:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two....
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:39 pm

I'll keep saying it for the next four weeks until the season ends as I just said last week, which I have nothing to say about Nathan apart from saying that I will analyse his coaching performance at the end of the season when all is said and done.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:08 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
AFTER tonights great win over the Weagles, a fantastic result and our third big scalp, surely Bucks now must be allowed at least too see out his contract for next season. We are on the right path now, just need to polish up our skills and ball disposal a bit, we are a young team and this is common in young developing teams. We are on our way now.

We're on our way to 12th. I'm glad you're enjoying the ride.

You well know I was referring too next season, surely. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:42 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
HAL wrote:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two....

Wolfy, we all know HAL takes his bike rides MINUS the seat.
Whatever works for you, I suppose...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:44 am

I have no idea what to say.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:19 am

Well, our rubbish coach has now piloted the team to three victories over top eight sides since the bye. Today his young team were so motivated that they withstood an onslaught from a team with everything to play for, when we had nothing to play for but pride, and we soaked it up and rolled past them. We did it without our two most creative forwards in Fasolo and Elliott, and without our best runner off half-back in Sinclair. This is the coach that cannot motivate a side, according to some posters.

The skills were often horrible, but that is what happens with a young and inexperienced side who have not played together much, and who are learning about their teammates in a high pressure game. There is a lot that can and will improve, from defending kickouts to providing an option when a player is on the burst, but Nathan Buckley's young team is coming along nicely and improving week-by-week. In the past few years we have been front-runners and compounded in the second half of the season as youngsters ran out of legs. This year our first half was crucified by injury but we are running the season out better. All very good signs for the future.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:04 am

Mugwump wrote:
Well, our rubbish coach has now piloted the team to three victories over top eight sides since the bye. Today his young team were so motivated that they withstood an onslaught from a team with everything to play for, when we had nothing to play for but pride, and we soaked it up and rolled past them. We did it without our two most creative forwards in Fasolo and Elliott, and without our best runner off half-back in Sinclair. This is the coach that cannot motivate a side, according to some posters.

The skills were often horrible, but that is what happens with a young and inexperienced side who have not played together much, and who are learning about their teammates in a high pressure game. There is a lot that can and will improve, from defending kickouts to providing an option when a player is on the burst, but Nathan Buckley's young team is coming along nicely and improving week-by-week. In the past few years we have been front-runners and compounded in the second half of the season as youngsters ran out of legs. This year our first half was crucified by injury but we are running the season out better. All very good signs for the future.

In fact, 3 currently sitting in the top 5 and we haven't played one of the other top 5 teams. It's encouraging.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:42 am

Man up man up man up

That's what got the win last night

Where did that come from?

Our skills were still shit, what is the plan to fix that?

What is the plan to try and prevent injuries?

That win means nothing unless we get some answers.

It was magnificent, the last ten minutes were just so exciting, but really, who wasn't wondering which silly mistake would cost us?

Clokes miss from 20 was pathetic, and maybe career killing, but he wasn't the only one with a bad miss. Aish and greenwood kicked a couple of absolute crackers you just don't see from Collingwood players, please god don't stuff them up.

I'm still not convinced

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:55 am

think positive wrote:
Man up man up man up

That's what got the win last night

Where did that come from?

Our skills were still shit, what is the plan to fix that?

What is the plan to try and prevent injuries?

That win means nothing unless we get some answers.

It was magnificent, the last ten minutes were just so exciting, but really, who wasn't wondering which silly mistake would cost us?

Clokes miss from 20 was pathetic, and maybe career killing, but he wasn't the only one with a bad miss. Aish and greenwood kicked a couple of absolute crackers you just don't see from Collingwood players, please god don't stuff them up.

I'm still not convinced
On the money and when the coach comes out after the game with
Quote:
“We didn’t use the ball well at all, but we were able to play how we wanted to play long enough to get the job done.”
I just roll my eyes Rolling Eyes Wet Toast are flat track bullies who struggle away from home and on the G. Their form is pretty average. I tipped us to win and won some $$ on them. But the team tries its hardest to fn lose.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Looking at the stats, I see that we won the contested possessions 150 to 116, the disposals 412 to 322 (including winning the kicks 199 to 162), the hit-outs 53 to 29, the clearances 47 to 28 and the tackles 118 to 89.

All of that dominance at the coal-face translated into the same number of inside 50s and a game that was in the balance until very late. The Wiggles were quite dreadful and we showed some good signs. Nevertheless, apart from not having to listen to the Coach saying "We were nutted in the clearances" this week, I'm not sure what it means. It still seems that we have to get much more of the ball - and much more first-use of the ball - than the opposition in order to be competitive. That's not a good thing. It is good that we won but I remain extremely concerned that the up and down results are, in part, a result of the manic style of play our boys have to bring to bear in order to win - it's almost impossible to replicate that week after week.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:57 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

In fact, 3 currently sitting in the top 5 and we haven't played one of the other top 5 teams. It's encouraging.

And still lost to Melbourne twice, Carlton, St Kilda and North. I can pick and choose stats and facts to. GWS win was when they started their high training load (fact).

Which 3 top 8 sides have we beaten since the bye? GWS and WCE.

Again, like I said weeks ago, there are always a few strange results from rounds 15 to 22 in regard to top 8 sides. They are training harder and preparing for finals. Imagine how awesome we'd be if we were going through a higher training load at the moment... Please, we'd be atrocious. Always next year and the year after that with Naffan at the helm though...

All teams below us, except the lions and Richmond, will continue to improve next year. I can see us scrapping into 8th at best if a few top teams suffer because of a harder draw. Realistically though, with an easy draw we'll still be in the 8 to 12 bracket. And with the list we have that's just not acceptable.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Looking at the stats, I see that we won the contested possessions 150 to 116, the disposals 412 to 322 (including winning the kicks 199 to 162), the hit-outs 53 to 29, the clearances 47 to 28 and the tackles 118 to 89.

All of that dominance at the coal-face translated into the same number of inside 50s and a game that was in the balance until very late. The Wiggles were quite dreadful and we showed some good signs. Nevertheless, apart from not having to listen to the Coach saying "We were nutted in the clearances" this week, I'm not sure what it means. It still seems that we have to get much more of the ball - and much more first-use of the ball - than the opposition in order to be competitive. That's not a good thing. It is good that we won but I remain extremely concerned that the up and down results are, in part, a result of the manic style of play our boys have to bring to bear in order to win - it's almost impossible to replicate that week after week.
150 of those possessions went no where. Handpassing to a bloke who is under pressure, turnovers and miss kicks when not under any pressure. Against a better team we would have been slaughtered. The disposal error would have been very high last night.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Game day thread some one commented 'and they made it look so easy"

We never ever ever ever do that!

So yeah the comment above, spot on, we can't keep the manic pressure up.

We need to learn to kick straight, handball accurately, and read the play (ie don't handball to a player with 4 bearing down on him) oh and when you in traffic and get a free, don't hand pass in the traffic, surely it's better to roost it long as possible over the top and towards our end! Oh and for gods sake don't piss around with it in their 50 when you don't have the skills to follow it through!

Just where did those preseason skills go? They were there, I saw them!

Edit sorry culprit great minds it seems, but u type faster!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:52 pm

think positive wrote:
Game day thread some one commented 'and they made it look so easy"

We never ever ever ever do that!

So yeah the comment above, spot on, we can't keep the manic pressure up.

We need to learn to kick straight, handball accurately, and read the play (ie don't handball to a player with 4 bearing down on him) oh and when you in traffic and get a free, don't hand pass in the traffic, surely it's better to roost it long as possible over the top and towards our end! Oh and for gods sake don't piss around with it in their 50 when you don't have the skills to follow it through!

Just where did those preseason skills go? They were there, I saw them!

Edit sorry culprit great minds it seems, but u type faster!

That was Gault. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 47 of 110   

Jump to: