Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think of all the injuries NMFC had. Waite, Jacobs, Black, Higgins, Black and Wood... We were missing Swan, Elliot and Ramsey...

It's not the playing list people... It's the coach
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:28 am

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^km, you might be right or you might be wrong. Since the matter will only be proven in the future we will find out then. I think 2017 will be the year that this development side hits its straps. If it doesn't then i'd say the case is proven and Buckley needs to go. I think rebuilds take a few years to show their quality, and that's where we are. Jury's out, for mine.

The jury is out!
THE JURY gave its decision a while go and they said guilty for being a complete and utter dud.
You forgot to read the Reality Times young man.

Suggest read the various Reality Times threads and tantrums about sacking malthouse in 2008/2009. Reality then was "we haven't won a premiership in ten years under Malthouse... How long does he need.... ." It was true.... But it was not wise.

I think we should be starting to enter the phase when a development squad of young blokes becomes a figting force. You have to sow before you harvest, and this is still the growing season. But there are limits, amd if we cannot make finals next year i think the harvest is overdue and he goes.

Malthouse took us to 2 GF's and a few finals before 2008.
Bux has taken us backwards year after year.

I agree but malthouse took over a team that had previously underacheived for ten years and was stuffed with high draft picks. It is easier/safer to take on a team that is building rather than a team which has peaked. Malthouse was also a fantastic coach, and i supoorted him against all the negativists in 2009 as well, but the point is that sometimes you cant just look at win-loss ratio, you have to look at context and the stage of the development curve (aka premiership clock).

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:37 am

Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^km, you might be right or you might be wrong. Since the matter will only be proven in the future we will find out then. I think 2017 will be the year that this development side hits its straps. If it doesn't then i'd say the case is proven and Buckley needs to go. I think rebuilds take a few years to show their quality, and that's where we are. Jury's out, for mine.

The jury is out!
THE JURY gave its decision a while go and they said guilty for being a complete and utter dud.

Suggest read the various Reality Times threads and tantrums about sacking malthouse in 2008/2009. Reality then was "we haven't won a premiership in ten years under Malthouse... How long does he need.... ." It was true.... But it was not wise.

I think we should be starting to enter the phase when a development squad of young blokes becomes a figting force. You have to sow before you harvest, and this is still the growing season. But there are limits, amd if we cannot make finals next year i think the harvest is overdue and he goes.

I agree but malthouse took over a team that had previously underacheived for ten years and was stuffed with high draft picks. It is easier/safer to take on a team that is building rather than a team which has peaked. Malthouse was also a fantastic coach, and i supoorted him against all the negativists in 2009 as well, but the point is that sometimes you cant just look at win-loss ratio, you have to look at context and the stage of the development curve (aka premiership clock).

Is this a piss take? Not sure if serious
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:37 am

Johnno75 wrote:
We would be awesome if we played 4 quarters. Good to see we tried something different in the kick ins tonight. Loved the kick it to yourself and drop the ball.

Shaw and Clement even did that from time to time, so it can happen to the best of them.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:39 am

I'm putting all the happy clappers and Buckley brigade on mute this week. I can't wait for all the peace and quiet ... Because the Piesnchess of the world are so vocal right now in defending just how f@cked our club is right now
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:41 am

piedys wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
We would be awesome if we played 4 quarters. Good to see we tried something different in the kick ins tonight. Loved the kick it to yourself and drop the ball.

Shaw and Clement even did that from time to time, so it can happen to the best of them.

Yep, shit happens. If you win the centre clearances it doesnt matter if you make the odd screw up down back.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:43 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
I'm putting all the happy clappers and Buckley brigade on mute this week. I can't wait for all the peace and quiet ... Because the Piesnchess of the world are so vocal right now in defending just how f@cked our club is right now

I wouldnt expect too much oeace and quiet. The sound of termites munching after a loss (which is a win for them, of course) is deafening.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

The jury is out!

Is this a piss take? Not sure if serious

Why ? was it too hard for you ?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 am

I really can't be bothered with this thread anymore. Will this emerge every time we lose a match?

I've strongly stated my thoughts on the coach earlier in the year when we were struggling and looked like a bottom four team so I've had strong doubts about his coaching ability and credentials, but regurgitating it won't make a difference.

I made a promise to myself that I won't properly analyse his coaching performance until the season ends regardless of what happens in our last five weeks.

I'm sure the club will do an internal review at seasons end as any professional club would regardless of whether you're world beaters or the bottom side of the competition.

Based on a gut feeling, I think the club will retain him as coach in 2017 (they've invested in this project too heavily for it to end now) barring a disaster from now until the end of the season but he needs to improve next year or else it's rightfully over.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:50 am

^ you're quite right, Jezza. The Buckley record is certainly doubtful, and it's really just a question of how long you judge it might take before we can know for certain whether this rebuild has been a pass or fail. He'll get 2017, i'd expect, and i'm ok with that. If we miss finals next year he'd have to go.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:20 am

Can we please open the notorious "sack buckley" thread? I don't know but 7-10 feels like the right threshold to bust out the old "sack Buckley thread".

all those injuries we have at the moment Swan, Elliot (who may never be the same again thanks to our awesome training loads at Collingwood) and... Ramsey/Sharenberg... They are really keeping us from meeting our potential and beating an injury ravaged, and untalented side like NMFC...

Happy for any "buck sucks" to have a crack at me like you do after a win. Just ignore the stats and win/loss ratio like you always do. Come on let's hear ya! Defend the wall when we play like an absolute disgrace
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:24 am

Tonight was exhibit A

Wake up guys, if we're fair dinkum Buckley gets sacked come seasons end, it's over.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:26 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Tonight was exhibit A

Wake up guys, if we're fair dinkum Buckley gets sacked come seasons end, it's over.

So true.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:26 am

5 $£$%^%%$ years of this shit, ENOUGH!!!!

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:28 am

Yes KM, it isn't a shock to us though, although we're treated like tards around here.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 42 of 110   

Jump to: