Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps. You may be right. But it goes both ways. The same argument for those that hide when we lose and then beat their chest when we win and carry on about being vindicated in their opinion that Bucks is a good coach and will lead us to the promised land.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
We've won 6 of our last 21 games. That is effectively a full season.

Only Brisbane has won less games in that timeframe.

Since 2014 our record is 25 W 30 L (45.45% win rate) (55 games)
Since 2015 our record is 14 W 19 L (42.42% win rate) (33 games)
Since 2016 our record is 4 W 7 L (36.36% win rate) (11 games)
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 pm

Always wonder what would have happened if Eddie let Bucks go to North in 2009. Don't think Mick would still be with us but I would wonder whether we should have let Bucks ply his trade at North first then poached him if he showed the goods.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Eddie wanted to make sure Buckley wouldn't coach anywhere but Collingwood. Well, he's achieved that. No club would pick him up now. LOL What a fu@&$&@ing debacle. This is a comic tragedy.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:50 am

There is no issue with the opinion that Nathan Buckley should be sacked. If thats what you believe, or want, then that is fine.

The problem with the last thread is that it just got out of hand.

If we want to keep all the sacking talk in this thread, then thats great. Other threads should not be getting hijacked, including the game day thread.

And in fairness to those who want to post in here about sacking the coach, then this thread shouldn't be hijacked either.

Mods, perhaps we should change the title of this thread?

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:56 am

Presti35 wrote:
There is no issue with the opinion that Nathan Buckley should be sacked. If thats what you believe, or want, then that is fine.

The problem with the last thread is that it just got out of hand.

If we want to keep all the sacking talk in this thread, then thats great. Other threads should not be getting hijacked, including the game day thread.

And in fairness to those who want to post in here about sacking the coach, then this thread shouldn't be hijacked either.

Mods, perhaps we should change the title of this thread?

Pretty much we need one main subject - to keep it mostly contained... but, it will be impossible to keep out of 'pre or game day' threads, its only natural that it will flow into there - I believe that the mods have to accept this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:56 am

Jezza wrote:
I think there's plenty of reason to have a discussion about Nathan's coaching ability and his coaching future especially with us going backwards again this year.

However, it's unhelpful that a thread that could generate decent discussion is going to be ruined by a troll who's only intent is to criticise the club 24/7 and join up under different aliases to achieve this and then a fight will begin between posters.

Exactly, critical assessment is fine. Just be nice to have some basis for the criticism rather than just completely off the charts negativity.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:58 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Yeah keep on avoiding the topic and keep wondering why Carlton with an aging wooden spoon winning side from last year and a bunch of unproven kids has now over taken us with a newbie coach who has served a proper coaching apprenticeship.

All relevant discussion points I'd say.

Carlton play very few "unproven kids". Their average age last week was over 26 and they fielded 10 players over 27, including 5 top-2 draft picks, plus Simpson and Everitt. They are not the comparison.

I have my own views about Buckley - and they might well be very much like yours - but I don't think letting the trolls out is the way to go.

And arguably only Murphy of their best possible team.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:04 am

Gonzalo wrote:
The financial impact of retaining Buckley makes his position untenable.

Membership is down by 15 percent this year.

That number will only rise next year if Buckley is retained.

That is how McGuire and Pert operate.

Oh my God, the club will go broke!

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:09 am

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I think there's plenty of reason to have a discussion about Nathan's coaching ability and his coaching future especially with us going backwards again this year.

However, it's unhelpful that a thread that could generate decent discussion is going to be ruined by a troll who's only intent is to criticise the club 24/7 and join up under different aliases to achieve this and then a fight will begin between posters.

Exactly, critical assessment is fine. Just be nice to have some basis for the criticism rather than just completely off the charts negativity.

Yep

And just how is it possible to just keep getting new aliases anyway? Isn't it invite only? Surely if someone keeps inviting themselves that shows up?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:09 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Always wonder what would have happened if Eddie let Bucks go to North in 2009. Don't think Mick would still be with us but I would wonder whether we should have let Bucks ply his trade at North first then poached him if he showed the goods.

Hasn't Bucks already dismissed the media speculation he was going to North and stated that he wasn't interested in their offer.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 am

think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Yep

And just how is it possible to just keep getting new aliases anyway? Isn't it invite only? Surely if someone keeps inviting themselves that shows up?

Look to those that overwhelmingly support the views when seeking to identify the poster who extends him invites.

There are lots of posters on Nicks who for whatever reason have reached the end of their tolerance and who seek change, but you can actually engage them in a discussion. Krakouer Magic and Flashman for instance. I don't necessarily agree with what they say but at least they present as Collingwood supporters and they generally have a case to support their views.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 am

Jezza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Put it this way.If we finish bottom four with six or seven wins,then surely Bucks has to go at the end of the season?And this is coming from someone who is not a Buckley hater.

His days are numbered.

If we end up with 8 wins or less he's gone at the end of the year. Anything beyond that and I reckon he'll survive for next year but he'll be under extreme pressure to perform next year, if not this saga ends next year.
m

I doubt it, Jezza I think he has until the end of 2017. The injuries and inxperience are a get-out, and the President has too much invested to admit it has been a failure (if he believes it has).

Personally, I think this rebuild was necessary after 2012, as that 2011 team was coming back to the field anyway. I would be fine with another year for Buckley, but if we are not contending strongly in 2017 then it's pretty clear that he'd need to go. I reckon he'll survive this year whatever happens from here.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Jezza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Put it this way.If we finish bottom four with six or seven wins,then surely Bucks has to go at the end of the season?And this is coming from someone who is not a Buckley hater.

His days are numbered.

If we end up with 8 wins or less he's gone at the end of the year. Anything beyond that and I reckon he'll survive for next year but he'll be under extreme pressure to perform next year, if not this saga ends next year.
m

I doubt it, Jezza I think he has until the end of 2017. The injuries and inxperience are a get-out, and the President has too much invested to admit it has been a failure (if he believes it has).

Personally, I think this rebuild was necessary after 2012, as that 2011 team was coming back to the field anyway. I would be fine with another year for Buckley, but if we are not contending strongly in 2017 then it's pretty clear that he'd need to go. I reckon he'll survive this year whatever happens from here.

I agree, the club should and will stay the course. Bucks deserves at least 1 season not ruined by injuries.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:03 pm

jackcass wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Hasn't Bucks already dismissed the media speculation he was going to North and stated that he wasn't interested in their offer.

Yes but after the fact though,I am thinking if Eddie didn't give him the Collingwood job that he may have well taken a position at another club if not North. For memory Eddie jumped at the rumours. Was only wondering what would have been today if we let him ply his trade somewhere else first .

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 4 of 110   

Jump to: