Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Krakouer Magic wrote:
My favourite from the members forum

http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-13/buckley-we-play-like-the-dogs

Our game style is the dogs + Hawks. And in 2013 he said we needed to up the training loads to be like Port. Does he just look at the top teams every year and go "we need to be like that?" and then spend the preseason trying to change our style but have absolutely no idea how to implement it? No wonder no one can explain the freaking game plan.

And there's a reason Hawks and Dogs have completely different styles. Hawks use skill, space and efficiency. Dogs use frantic pressure and contested possession. Trying to execute a game plan based on both is impossible because they are very different styles. A decent coach understands this. No wonder we are schizophrenic.

I was joking with a mate the other day saying it's like bucks looks at the last 15 years best teams and tries to build his Frankenstein (2007 attacking Cats, 2012-16 skills of the Hawks, manic press 2010 Collingwood, in under quick handpasses like 2012 slingshot swans and the Ruckwork of NikNat etc etc).

Sad thing is I think my joke is actually true.

No the sad thing is you take a very small snippet of what he says twist it a few times around the cherry tree re-word what he said then spin it out like its fact.
Buckley said "If I was asked who we played the most like it would be the dogs" he then went into why saying pressure and grunt then said he was we were trying to also model our backline like the Hawks.
He highlighted during the 26 minutes the areas we have improved and the areas we are still lacking . He admitted he didn't realise the damage the reports prior to round 1 and the round 1 loss had on the group early on. He also highlighted by the Anzac Day clash we had used 34 players
Mate seriously your becoming boring with this relentless attack on the coach. He is coaching in 2017 and no amount of whining or bashing from you or anyone else will change that. You may be right he mightn't ever succeed as coach and he certainly hasn't proven himself as great coach yet but heck mate surely you can find a couple of positives from the last 10 rounds to at least give you some cause for a little optimism for 2017
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Well said, Qld. And now, over to the theme song.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Q9_K9wsVw&feature=player_embedded

Monday's Experts
Always know what's best
Always tell you what you should've done
Monday's Experts
Always know what's cooking
How the game was lost and how it could've been won

When Monday comes around
Everyone's an expert in my town...

Well I see them up the shops; I see them down the street (Monday Monday)
And when I go up the Pub it's nearly everyone I meet
They're saying I should've done this or I should've done that
But by the time they're finished talking well my beers are getting flat

When Monday comes around
Everyone's an expert in my town
When Monday comes on by
Everyone's an expert to this guy
Tuesday Wednesday I don't mind
Thursday Friday talking blind
Saturday Sunday not so bad
Monday comes it drives me mad

Monday's Experts
Talking in the tea room
In the workshop and the office talking all around the place
Monday's Experts
Hey they've always got the good oil
But you can't put a bet on at the finish of a race

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:50 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Our game style is the dogs + Hawks. And in 2013 he said we needed to up the training loads to be like Port. Does he just look at the top teams every year and go "we need to be like that?" and then spend the preseason trying to change our style but have absolutely no idea how to implement it? No wonder no one can explain the freaking game plan.

And there's a reason Hawks and Dogs have completely different styles. Hawks use skill, space and efficiency. Dogs use frantic pressure and contested possession. Trying to execute a game plan based on both is impossible because they are very different styles. A decent coach understands this. No wonder we are schizophrenic.

I was joking with a mate the other day saying it's like bucks looks at the last 15 years best teams and tries to build his Frankenstein (2007 attacking Cats, 2012-16 skills of the Hawks, manic press 2010 Collingwood, in under quick handpasses like 2012 slingshot swans and the Ruckwork of NikNat etc etc).

No the sad thing is you take a very small snippet of what he says twist it a few times around the cherry tree re-word what he said then spin it out like its fact.
Buckley said "If I was asked who we played the most like it would be the dogs" he then went into why saying pressure and grunt then said he was we were trying to also model our backline like the Hawks.
He highlighted during the 26 minutes the areas we have improved and the areas we are still lacking . He admitted he didn't realise the damage the reports prior to round 1 and the round 1 loss had on the group early on. He also highlighted by the Anzac Day clash we had used 34 players
Mate seriously your becoming boring with this relentless attack on the coach. He is coaching in 2017 and no amount of whining or bashing from you or anyone else will change that. You may be right he mightn't ever succeed as coach and he certainly hasn't proven himself as great coach yet but heck mate surely you can find a couple of positives from the last 10 rounds to at least give you some cause for a little optimism for 2017

So he blamed the leaked media report of drug use as an excuse did he? FMD. What a fragile playing list. You see how Lachie Whitfield's response to drug speculation on the weekend mate?

I'm sorry I thought this was the sack bucks or back bucks thread? Apparently it's just the back bucks thread. You won't silence me mate. Didn't you jump the ship earlier this year and call for him to be sacked? I'm consistent. I think he needs to go. And any propaganda he or the club try manipulating with I'll give my opinion on.

I don't see any positives for us in 2017. Not after a 9-13 season. And I'm not buying what he is selling at the members forum. Why you buy it hook line and sinker is beyond me
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

So he blamed the leaked media report of drug use as an excuse did he? FMD. What a fragile playing list. You see how Lachie Whitfield's response to drug speculation on the weekend mate?

I'm sorry I thought this was the sack bucks or back bucks thread? Apparently it's just the back bucks thread. You won't silence me mate. Didn't you jump the ship earlier this year and call for him to be sacked? I'm consistent. I think he needs to go. And any propaganda he or the club try manipulating with I'll give my opinion on.

I don't see any positives for us in 2017. Not after a 9-13 season. And I'm not buying what he is selling at the members forum. Why you buy it hook line and sinker is beyond me

KM he didn't blame the drugs scandal,he said he didn't realise the impact it had on the group basically admitting he had erred in recognising it. Yeah I did call for his sacking due to being poor tactically and I'm still not convinced he is tactically astute. But I'm a realist as well. He's not going anywhere and will coach in 2017 so I'll back him and hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
Stats don't lie you have used them time and again for the basis of having him sacked and looking at our improved efficiency and the fact we showed we can be competitive against all comers gives me the hope (yes it may be proven to be wrong but I'll hang on hope until there is none)
I get the angst you and others feel I've had those feelings to many times this season but the difference we have is I'm prepared to back him again (wisely or not) until th club decides his time is up.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:59 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Exactly! It's a very myopic narrative. If you choose not to learn from what other teams do well, how do you ever hope to surpass them.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:06 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Respectfully qldmagpie67, we've seen enough by now to definitively make up our minds, he may be coach in 2017 - but we're not all behind him and at this point _and never will be_

The last thing I want to see is for him to do barely enough to retain his job under the pretext that we are improving... very very slowly and get another contract extension. Please go back and watch the speeches Bucks made at the Copeland's I linked before, specially 2013.

I wish him nothing but a speedy exit.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:47 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Respectfully qldmagpie67, we've seen enough by now to definitively make up our minds, he may be coach in 2017 - but we're not all behind him and at this point _and never will be_

The last thing I want to see is for him to do barely enough to retain his job under the pretext that we are improving... very very slowly and get another contract extension. Please go back and watch the speeches Bucks made at the Copeland's I linked before, specially 2013.

Respectfully "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", is there ANY chance that you can cease your whinging and sooking in the full knowledge that he will be coach in 2017 or are you negatives going to continue white anting and whining non stop from now on? Would Buck's wining us a flag in the next 2-3 season shut you buggers up?
Can anyone do anything to stop you guys sooking about Buck's?
Serious question..... Exclamation

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:00 pm

Lazza wrote:

Respectfully "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", is there ANY chance that you can cease your whinging and sooking in the full knowledge that he will be coach in 2017 or are you negatives going to continue white anting and whining non stop from now on? Would Buck's wining us a flag in the next 2-3 season shut you buggers up?
Can anyone do anything to stop you guys sooking about Buck's?
Serious question..... Exclamation

Yes there is.
When the ship goes north and not south or marooned in the doldrums.
That is when the so called sooks will shut up about Bux.
I will be extremely happy to shut up about Bux if he won or even came close to winning a gf and I will gladly say I was wrong.
The way things are going I reckon it is almost a given that Bux will be there for 3 more years.
So 3 more years of sooking, whinning, whinging and white anting to go....yippee!!!!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:15 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The way things are going I reckon it is almost a given that Bux will be there for 3 more years.
So 3 more years of sooking, whinning, whinging and white anting to go....yippee!!!!

Crying or Very sad Sad

Just what I thought............ Rolling Eyes

Help................................... Crying or Very sad

Well at least it keeps you negative buggers off the streets I guess whinging about something/someone else. Exclamation

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Crying or Very sad Sad

Just what I thought............ Rolling Eyes

Help................................... Crying or Very sad

Well at least it keeps you negative buggers off the streets I guess whinging about something/someone else. Exclamation

Got to keep the negatives off the street Lazza!
can't have a mob of negatives roaming outside, best to keep them corralled running around on Nicks.

Last edited by thompsoc on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Got to keep the negatives off the street Lazza!
can't have a mob of negatives roaming outside, best to keep the corralled running around on Nicks.

Laughing Very Happy Cool

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:54 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Wolfie I get your opinion and respect your right to it and we can agree to disagree. I have no idea if next year will be better or not (I'm praying so) and finals is a absolute minimum requirement to get s extra year or 2 at most. I know for sure Eddie is against long term contracts even Pert's deal is year on year. I'm hoping we show the improvement required to be a competitive side and make the finals and once there who knows what can happen.
Mate we all don't need to agree and I understand those in the sack him camp I've been upset this year like you and many others. The one difference now is that I know he will be coaching in 2017 and I want him to succeed because that means the clubs succeeded mate
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:07 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Wolfie I get your opinion and respect your right to it and we can agree to disagree. I have no idea if next year will be better or not (I'm praying so) and finals is a absolute minimum requirement to get s extra year or 2 at most. I know for sure Eddie is against long term contracts even Pert's deal is year on year. I'm hoping we show the improvement required to be a competitive side and make the finals and once there who knows what can happen.
Mate we all don't need to agree and I understand those in the sack him camp I've been upset this year like you and many others. The one difference now is that I know he will be coaching in 2017 and I want him to succeed because that means the clubs succeeded mate

I guess if you've been so vitriolic in your opinions/predictions you need failure to validate your opinions/predictions.

As I've previously stated, I reserve opinion on whether Bucks can be a good-great coach or not but seriously doubt anyone would have done better so happy to maintain the status quo. Ross the toss the perfect example of a coach many on these boards claim to be great but didn't deliver due to some injury issues.

Expect a significant turnaround in performance given our age and experience profile, and the quality of some of the kids. Hopefully that comes to fruition.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

I also respect the right of the Nick's negatives to voice their opinions, albeit nonstop.

My similarity with the negatives - I too have been extremely upset and bloody frustrated about Collingwood over the past 4-5 years.

My difference with the negatives and a few others- I have been extremely upset and bloody frustrated but mainly about our numerous injuries to some very good players, rather than blaming Buck's for this situation.

I guess it is a case of logic/rationale versus the targeted blame game against Buck's in particular but others at Collingwood as well.
My time in cricket taught me about probability. The more times you got out for a zero or low score as a batsman, the closer you were to making a high score. This worked a bloody treat with me.

The probability is that Collingwood is well overdue for a season sans serious injuries.

The reality is that we will have to wait and see. Time will tell. Cool Cool

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Lazza wrote:

My time in cricket taught me about probability. The more times you got out for a zero or low score as a batsman, the closer you were to making a high score. This worked a bloody treat with me.

Probability didn't work for Chris Martin the New Zealand batsman who some claim to be the worst test batsman of all time.
This was his stats

71 Tests; 123 runs; 2.36 average; 12* highest score; 36 ducks; 7 pairs

duck.jpg

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 109 of 110   

Jump to: