Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Edit/deleting my post... little point, nothing but yes men here and the club is doomed to long term failure - I hate being a pies supporter.

That is obvious

Member I know that pure logic is not their strength but these negatives so remind me of those idiots who whinge, whine and sook about a certain TV program but will not either change channels or turn the bloody TV off. Evil or Very Mad Mad FFS, make a choice for once without constantly sooking Shocked
You negatives are making a personal choice to feel this way. That is fine but you are impacting many others with the ripple effect on a public forum negatives......... Rolling Eyes

Can you stop sooking, whinging, whinning and name calling (idiots ) about other posters for once.
as for your pure logic ... i don't buy that.
Maybe Lazza you should write to the mods and say you only want a Nix bulletin board spot that included "only Positive Posts allowed".
That means that only you and your cronies can post without the likes of me and CC and KM etc... annoying you.
It will also mean posters like me can post in peace without the usual rabid responses.

Last edited by thompsoc on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:19 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Lazza wrote:

The last perfect person I know was Jesus Christ and even he ended up doing some serious hang time. We ALL make mistakes.. Idea Confused

Life is all about mistakes, but it's also about learning from those mistakes and trying not to make the same mistakes again. Coaches have their good and their bad times, even the best coach is not safe from the mistakes.

We live, we learn, and try not to do it again but we nay if we do then we come back stronger than ever.

Some things in life we can control (like learning from errors, mistakes) and some things in life we just can't control (like serious long term injuries that impact the team, long suspensions and bad umpiring decisions. Rolling Eyes )

Pretty bloody obvious to all I would have thought but apparently not to the negatives. Shocked

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Edit/deleting my post... little point, nothing but yes men here and the club is doomed to long term failure - I hate being a pies supporter.

That is obvious

Member I know that pure logic is not their strength but these negatives so remind me of those idiots who whinge, whine and sook about a certain TV program but will not either change channels or turn the bloody TV off. Evil or Very Mad Mad FFS, make a choice for once without constantly sooking Shocked
You negatives are making a personal choice to feel this way. That is fine but you are impacting many others with the ripple effect on a public forum negatives......... Rolling Eyes

Can you stop sooking, whinging, whinning and name calling (idiots ) about other posters for once.
Maybe Lazza you should write to the mods and say you only want a Nix bulletin board spot that included "only Positive Posts allowed".
That means that only you and your cronies can post without the likes of me and CC and KM etc... annoying you.
It will also mean posters like me can post in peace without the usual rabid responses.

OK dude, you keep on pulling out your hair by watching a TV show you don't like...... Razz Twisted Evil Laughing

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:38 pm

No Lazza
I feel a bit sad that we have come to this point.
We fell off a cliff after 2011 and have struggled ever since.
5 years of being beaten by the Hawks is depressing.
I don't think the coach is much chop.
I think the list is reasonable but we lack a number of Elite/A graders and our kicking is poor.
When i see that we really are going somewhere wonderful then I will perk up.
We are just bobbing up and down at the moment.
One of my kids has kept the faith and one other has changed to Hawks to my utter disgust.
Bringing in more older players should get us to the finals next year but I really doubt it will help us make the GF.
I see that GWS have got 5 picks inside the top 25 this years draft and one of those were from us.
People look at the treloar deal as a big win but I don't yet.
I look at Jacob Hopper and see a very good player and no doubt they will get a very good player with our pick this year.
GWS are going to be a juggernaut thanks to good planning and the AFL.
We have to be better than them to win our next flag.
Being a good side is not good enough with the only good thing is being the best

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Why is it that whenever I read the exchanges between Lazza and Thompsoc I picture the two old blokes arguing on the balcony in The Muppets?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:52 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Why is it that whenever I read the exchanges between Lazza and Thompsoc I picture the two old blokes arguing on the balcony in The Muppets?

That is a fantastic call dude!!! Twisted Evil Razz

GOLD!!! Laughing Cool

I would add the sound of Apu's voice (from Simpsons) for me and a whinging Pauline Hanson type voice for Thompsoc! Cool

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:20 pm

It makes for good reading, we don't want everyone agreeing with each other or there would be no point posting.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:04 pm

What time does Play School come on? Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:11 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

That is obvious

OK dude, you keep on pulling out your hair by watching a TV show you don't like...... Razz Twisted Evil Laughing

No Lazza
I feel a bit sad that we have come to this point.
We fell off a cliff after 2011 and have struggled ever since.
5 years of being beaten by the Hawks is depressing.
I don't think the coach is much chop.
I think the list is reasonable but we lack a number of Elite/A graders and our kicking is poor.
When i see that we really are going somewhere wonderful then I will perk up.
We are just bobbing up and down at the moment.
One of my kids has kept the faith and one other has changed to Hawks to my utter disgust.
Bringing in more older players should get us to the finals next year but I really doubt it will help us make the GF.
I see that GWS have got 5 picks inside the top 25 this years draft and one of those were from us.
People look at the treloar deal as a big win but I don't yet.
I look at Jacob Hopper and see a very good player and no doubt they will get a very good player with our pick this year.
GWS are going to be a juggernaut thanks to good planning and the AFL.
We have to be better than them to win our next flag.
Being a good side is not good enough with the only good thing is being the best

Massive ongoing injuries and bringing in a load of young kids to fill gaps does not resonate with your logic does, it, and if you think Treloar, who will win the Copeland in his first fantastic season, has not been great for us, the whole deal, then you are totally beyond redemption, you have reached the end of the line in the pissing and moaning, nothing you say is of any relevance to any person with an ounce of nous and commonsense. but keep it up, you will look all the more sillier when things do turn around, as they will. As for greater west Sydney what did you expect, they got spoon fed the best kid in the nation by googgle eyes Mclaughlin and co, imagine how the dogs will feel, or the saints, dees, tigers, freo, if this team wins the flag, and the dogs have not tasted that in sixty two season. The other clubsaside from the dawsk, are all in the same boat as us, the League has created a frankensteins monster, who will devour all sides over the next few seasons. Just don't think its just our club who will be shafted by this rigged comp to make west Sydney succeed. Confused Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:29 pm

The problem with your argument Pnc about treloar is you only look at what we have gained and not what we lost.
We lost jacob hopper and another top 7 pick.
That is a friggin lot!
I don't know who is in front at this stage.
But he has to be better than those 2 combined.
It is a big ask.
We have the other character in Adams versus Shaw.
GWS are definitely ahead at this stage.
If they win a flag, Shaw will be a big part in it.
I don't buy the injury argument, it is part of the problem but it is a long way fron the main problem.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:13 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The problem with your argument Pnc about treloar is you only look at what we have gained and not what we lost.
That is a friggin lot!
It is a big ask.
I don't buy the injury argument, it is part of the problem but it is a long way fron the main problem.

Mate, the great man Barassi once said, "" ongoing injuries to key players are not an excuse, they are a reason "' enough said on that, with our best side in this season, I reckon we would have won at least four more games, maybe the dogs twice too. Treloar is a bloody gun mate, a gun, why do you think Hungry Bartlett was spitting chips when his tiges missed on him, yes we gave up a bit, but remember, you have to give up something to get something, and this kid Treloar is a future captain of the team, has Leader written all over him, a Copeland in his first season, is remarkable. Yes, the Giants will rule the roost now, its what the League wanted, to make a real go on it up there, no more Brisbane bears fiasco. Its a monster, and they could well do a three peat, they are that damn good, if I was a dogs fan and these jerks win the flag, after only five seasons, id be bloody spewing, and many clubs will be too, with a flag drought. We may have to bide our time, and wait for the likes of daicos and brown, treloar, degoey, crocker, grundy, taylor adamsn, scharenberg, etc to lead us to the next flag, may take some time, now with this juggernaut Giants, they will take over from the dawks juggernaut, which is nearly outa gas now. I thought the draft was supposed to give all teams, in their turn, a chance of a flag every ten yrs or so, but now I think that's gone for the toss, and did it ever exist anyway, I think not. Surprised Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
That is a friggin lot!
It is a big ask.

Mate, the great man Barassi once said, "" ongoing injuries to key players are not an excuse, they are a reason "' enough said on that, with our best side in this season, I reckon we would have won at least four more games, maybe the dogs twice too. Treloar is a bloody gun mate, a gun, why do you think Hungry Bartlett was spitting chips when his tiges missed on him, yes we gave up a bit, but remember, you have to give up something to get something, and this kid Treloar is a future captain of the team, has Leader written all over him, a Copeland in his first season, is remarkable. Yes, the Giants will rule the roost now, its what the League wanted, to make a real go on it up there, no more Brisbane bears fiasco. Its a monster, and they could well do a three peat, they are that damn good, if I was a dogs fan and these jerks win the flag, after only five seasons, id be bloody spewing, and many clubs will be too, with a flag drought. We may have to bide our time, and wait for the likes of daicos and brown, treloar, degoey, crocker, grundy, taylor adamsn, scharenberg, etc to lead us to the next flag, may take some time, now with this juggernaut Giants, they will take over from the dawks juggernaut, which is nearly outa gas now. I thought the draft was supposed to give all teams, in their turn, a chance of a flag every ten yrs or so, but now I think that's gone for the toss, and did it ever exist anyway, I think not. Surprised Confused

Fair comment

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 pm

Injuries is part component, another is the lack of experienced cattle on the park, the choice to rebuild has it's pros and cons. But I think made a little bit more difficult when the talent pool was drained to help out Gold Coast and GWS.

I think we have a very good young list, but that is what it is, a young list, I think the attraction to players like Mayne, Dal Santo, Wells, etc, is they have experience and have a bit of juice left so that we can keep a few coming through but have some experience on the park as well.

Whether or not that gets us finals next year or the year after I've no idea but finals cannot be too far off with what we have. I mean we almost beat the Hawks and Doggies playing our best footy, we beat the Cats playing our best footy.

I have no idea how long that list has before its an actual contender but its shown that its not a bad list when it's firing on all cylinders. Whatever the early issues were seemed to really disrupt what this list could do. But it had a strong finish, now we just need to put this together.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
SaraNeighed Leo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:34 pm

"When we get to the stage this time next year and make decisions on whether Bucks stays or goes it won't be just predicated on finals position or not," McGuire said

Aaaawwww I love Eddie again, we can make the finals and terminate Buckley. THANKS Eddie you made this girl happy
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 pm

My favourite from the members forum

http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-13/buckley-we-play-like-the-dogs

Our game style is the dogs + Hawks. And in 2013 he said we needed to up the training loads to be like Port. Does he just look at the top teams every year and go "we need to be like that?" and then spend the preseason trying to change our style but have absolutely no idea how to implement it? No wonder no one can explain the freaking game plan.

And there's a reason Hawks and Dogs have completely different styles. Hawks use skill, space and efficiency. Dogs use frantic pressure and contested possession. Trying to execute a game plan based on both is impossible because they are very different styles. A decent coach understands this. No wonder we are schizophrenic.

I was joking with a mate the other day saying it's like bucks looks at the last 15 years best teams and tries to build his Frankenstein (2007 attacking Cats, 2012-16 skills of the Hawks, manic press 2010 Collingwood, in under quick handpasses like 2012 slingshot swans and the Ruckwork of NikNat etc etc).

Sad thing is I think my joke is actually true.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 108 of 110   

Jump to: