Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Edit/deleting my post... little point, nothing but yes men here and the club is doomed to long term failure - I hate being a pies supporter.

That is obvious

Watching your team continually make excuses for hidden agenda's of the few over the success and bottom line fundamentals of the many, is sorta like watching your family get destroyed in a train wreck over and over again...
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Edit/deleting my post... little point, nothing but yes men here and the club is doomed to long term failure - I hate being a pies supporter.

That is obvious

Watching your team continually make excuses for hidden agenda's of the few over the success and bottom line fundamentals of the many, is sorta like watching your family get destroyed in a train wreck over and over again...

It is obvious what wolfie said.... he hates losing at the footy!!!!!
But it is obvious a lot of people are accepting of the situation.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:43 am

Ever thought about following another team? GWS are good to win the next 5 premierships in a row and they're looking for supporters to fill Spotless stadium.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:49 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Ever thought about following another team? GWS are good to win the next 5 premierships in a row and they're looking for supporters to fill Spotless stadium.

Wow that was profound.
How about being a proper supporter and demand accountability.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:54 am

Thank you thompsoc. What I don't understand is the obvious failure and continual denial, shifting of deck chairs and carpet sweeping to extend this failure... year after year. Its beyond ridiculous, it must end.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:26 pm

thompsoc wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Wow that was profound.
How about being a proper supporter and demand accountability.

Yeah man, if you don't like Buckley's coaching or the way the administration is currently stuffing everything it touches then you just find yourself another AFL team to support.

Don't worry about the fact many of us were born pies people long before Nathan even considered joining Collingwood as a player (remember he first signed a deal to join North) and Pert didn't come across from Fitzroy till 1991.

But yeah you don't like how the current day "brains trust" is leading the club you just go support GWS!!

Thompsoc, this is the shit you cop for wanting the club to achieve something more than mediocrity... Ridiculous
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:37 pm

I've got no problem with critics of Bucks or of the leadership at our club, posting their views, as long as they occasionally balance the ledger by acknowledging good performances or successes. Similarly, those who blindly see everything as rosy all the time, should be willing to accept our club's limitations and weaknesses. So, a bit of balance all round would be a good thing.

Mostly, however, I reckon all Nicksters should be willing to state their case, whatever it is, without personally attacking others who have a different view. After all, apart from one or two obvious opposition plants, we are all Collingwood supporters.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

That is obvious

Member I know that pure logic is not their strength but these negatives so remind me of those idiots who whinge, whine and sook about a certain TV program but will not either change channels or turn the bloody TV off. Evil or Very Mad Mad FFS, make a choice for once without constantly sooking Shocked
You negatives are making a personal choice to feel this way. That is fine but you are impacting many others with the ripple effect on a public forum negatives......... Rolling Eyes

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Buckley has said if he don't make finals he's gone next season, so there you have your choice to finally be rid of him if we fail to make finals again he will be gone. Buckley has put it out there end I guess he knows that he needs to keep improving.

Buckley has made mistakes, and he has admitted to them and tried to improve, but it's not just Buckley alone. It's a team, some players need to start pulling their weight as well. For the first half of the season it seemed we were flat, no coach would have gotten them out of that funk.

The second half there seemed to be a new energy amongst them and they finished a lot better. I am not sure what the issue was that caused them to take until the back end of the season to start to play a lot better, but I think it's on the coaching staff, and players to make sure it don't happen again.

Buckley has to improve, he has issues, and has to fix his gameplan and all that much like the players need to fix the way they play as well.

If players and coaches do not perform we move them on, pure and simple no pussyfooting around there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've got no problem with critics of Bucks or of the leadership at our club, posting their views, as long as they occasionally balance the ledger by acknowledging good performances or successes. Similarly, those who blindly see everything as rosy all the time, should be willing to accept our club's limitations and weaknesses. So, a bit of balance all round would be a good thing.

Mostly, however, I reckon all Nicksters should be willing to state their case, whatever it is, without personally attacking others who have a different view. After all, apart from one or two obvious opposition plants, we are all Collingwood supporters.

My problem has always been with the non Collingwood trolls. Balance on a forum, just like balance between experienced/youngsters in a team, is a great thing.
Why the mods actually allow these non Collingwood fans is another question..... Rolling Eyes

<Mod edit: And who are you to arbitrarily decide who is and is not a troll? All complaints in writing through the prescribed channels, thank you. Otherwise, focus more on posting and less on back-seat moderating - bbmods>

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Buckley has made mistakes, and he has admitted to them and tried to improve, but it's not just Buckley alone.

The last perfect person I know was Jesus Christ and even he ended up doing some serious hang time. We ALL make mistakes.. Idea Confused

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Lazza it's the old " just don't look, just don't look"

Hope you get the simpsons reference
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm

I wonder if this monstrously long thread will end next season, should we make the finals, and even WIN a Final . ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Lazza wrote:

The last perfect person I know was Jesus Christ and even he ended up doing some serious hang time. We ALL make mistakes.. Idea Confused

Life is all about mistakes, but it's also about learning from those mistakes and trying not to make the same mistakes again. Coaches have their good and their bad times, even the best coach is not safe from the mistakes.

We live, we learn, and try not to do it again but we nay if we do then we come back stronger than ever.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Wow that was profound. How about being a proper supporter and demand accountability.

So let me be clear.

Whinging non bloody stop about Collingwood/Buck's/Eddie etc is totally ok with the likes of you, however us commenting about the perpetual negatavity is not?

Get stood on dude, that is utter bloody bullshit. Evil or Very Mad

Like I said, why should we put up with idiotic bloody posters who wont turn the TV channel or the TV off but continue to whinge about the show?

I would and do tell them to get lost!! Exclamation

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 107 of 110   

Jump to: