Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Put it this way.If we finish bottom four with six or seven wins,then surely Bucks has to go at the end of the season?And this is coming from someone who is not a Buckley hater.

The club is looking at a massive membership drop off if they retain Buckley as the coach next year. It has become financially untenable to retain him.

There was only 29 k there today.

The drop off has and is happening in the stands.

Last edited by Gonzalo on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm not sure if it could.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:54 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Put it this way.If we finish bottom four with six or seven wins,then surely Bucks has to go at the end of the season?And this is coming from someone who is not a Buckley hater.

His days are numbered.

If we end up with 8 wins or less he's gone at the end of the year. Anything beyond that and I reckon he'll survive for next year but he'll be under extreme pressure to perform next year, if not this saga ends next year.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Jezza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

His days are numbered.

If we end up with 8 wins or less he's gone at the end of the year. Anything beyond that and I reckon he'll survive for next year but he'll be under extreme pressure to perform next year, if not this saga ends next year.

Going through this year after year is so tiring - I really cant wait until this chapter is behind the club - regardless of the future
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I reckon Bucks should be moved on, and I don't see what harm there would be in having a caretaker coach take over should the club want to do it sooner rather than later

I think it' too late for that now. The season is toast.

Let him coach out the year, tell him he's not the man and we won't be going with him for his final year of his contract then let him leave with a bit of dignity from this whole sorry spectacle.

We might win a few more games but we aren't going anywhere but backwards under Nathan, clearly. Collingwood (read Eddie) made a romantic, Pie's fan fantasy going with an untried, inexperienced and underqualified playing legend as coach and it has been a dismal failure and along with the Voss/Hird debacles another cautionary tale that only total cold eyed professionalism is good enough now.
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Yeah keep on avoiding the topic and keep wondering why Carlton with an aging wooden spoon winning side from last year and a bunch of unproven kids has now over taken us with a newbie coach who has served a proper coaching apprenticeship.

All relevant discussion points I'd say.

Definitely relevant points but most people including myself are annoyed that the OP seems to have an axe to grind with the club and conveniently joins up for the second time under a different name to criticise the club without showing one shred of positivity or sign that he's a Collingwood supporter to begin with.

I'd rather hear from balanced posters (old or new) who don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to discuss an important topic like this.

My agenda is the Collingwood FC winning games.

If that isn't your agenda, please stop supporting the club.

You obviously hate Buckley with a passion, if he goes on to be a successful coach this will be a major burn for you. While he is coach you will thrive on our losses and hope they continue, that is your agenda
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:02 pm

He just keeps making the Team Worse.

We be Wooden Spooners IF he Coaches next year

Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:04 pm

courtza wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Yeah keep on avoiding the topic and keep wondering why Carlton with an aging wooden spoon winning side from last year and a bunch of unproven kids has now over taken us with a newbie coach who has served a proper coaching apprenticeship.

All relevant discussion points I'd say.

Definitely relevant points but most people including myself are annoyed that the OP seems to have an axe to grind with the club and conveniently joins up for the second time under a different name to criticise the club without showing one shred of positivity or sign that he's a Collingwood supporter to begin with.

I'd rather hear from balanced posters (old or new) who don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to discuss an important topic like this.

My agenda is the Collingwood FC winning games.

If that isn't your agenda, please stop supporting the club.

You obviously hate Buckley with a passion, if he goes on to be a successful coach this will be a major burn for you. While he is coach you will thrive on our losses and hope they continue, that is your agenda

I couldn't care less who is coaching the club.

All I care about is winning games.

It wouldn't matter if Nathan Buckley, Gordon Coventry or Albert Collier were in the seat.

If they can't deliver the results, they deserve intense questioning.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
He just keeps making the Team Worse.

We be Wooden Spooners IF he Coaches next year

Bet you never thought THAT when we rolled the mighty Cats eh. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:12 pm

In all fairness any member should be able to start a thread/topic and have it debated accordingly
Being mindful we all won't agree but a certain level of respect should always be afforded to all posters.
In keeping with my new found love of fairness I would like to offer Gonzalo the opportunity to tell us all from his indepth knowledge why Buckley can't coach, what exactly he is doing wrong, how he would go and fix it, who the new coach should be & why & finally which players are required or not by the new coach.
Now so that the posters understand why Gonzalo should be afforded the respect to detail what's wrong he can also submit his own resume containing the following information for all posters benefit
1 which AFL club did you play for ?
2 how many games experience did you have at AFL level
3 which year did you win your Brownlow ?
4 what years did you make the All Australian team ?
5 are you still a rookie AFL coach or have you coached another AFL club previously ?
Finally please give a brief description of your AFL career highlight be it a grand final appearance or the day you kicked 18 goals on Glen Jakovich or held Tony Lockett goalless
Gonzalo the floor is yours ole mate and I eagerly await your resume

PS I doubt saying you don't need to have played or coached at a high level to know everything probably will be met with the scepticism it deserves
PPS yes Brendan Bolton is going well but he has spent considerable time at AFL level and many rungs below so he could hardly be called a rookie coach so that example won't gain you any traction either

Earnestly awaiting your reply
Cheers mate
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:24 pm

I don't blame Buckley for todays loss. More than anything, I think it was the Collingwood players of 4 weeks ago out there who don't seem to know what was going on.

Maybe it's about time the players who can't bring motivation and the like for them to have a stiff talking to.

I understand the buck stops with Buckley as he's the head coach, but sometimes the players are at bigger fault. We have seen what the players can do when they listen and perform well.

It almost seems when they play well it's all the players, but when they don't it's Bucks' fault.

Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:53 pm

The financial impact of retaining Buckley makes his position untenable.

Membership is down by 15 percent this year.

That number will only rise next year if Buckley is retained.

That is how McGuire and Pert operate.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Just posted a topic asking for the Sack Buckley thread to be unlocked...it was deleted in seconds....

FREE SPEECH FOREVER!!!!

Yeah why was that thread locked? How can a thread that had over 100 pages just be locked?
col 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
In all fairness any member should be able to start a thread/topic and have it debated accordingly
Being mindful we all won't agree but a certain level of respect should always be afforded to all posters.
In keeping with my new found love of fairness I would like to offer Gonzalo the opportunity to tell us all from his indepth knowledge why Buckley can't coach, what exactly he is doing wrong, how he would go and fix it, who the new coach should be & why & finally which players are required or not by the new coach.
Now so that the posters understand why Gonzalo should be afforded the respect to detail what's wrong he can also submit his own resume containing the following information for all posters benefit
1 which AFL club did you play for ?
2 how many games experience did you have at AFL level
3 which year did you win your Brownlow ?
4 what years did you make the All Australian team ?
5 are you still a rookie AFL coach or have you coached another AFL club previously ?
Finally please give a brief description of your AFL career highlight be it a grand final appearance or the day you kicked 18 goals on Glen Jakovich or held Tony Lockett goalless
Gonzalo the floor is yours ole mate and I eagerly await your resume

PS I doubt saying you don't need to have played or coached at a high level to know everything probably will be met with the scepticism it deserves
PPS yes Brendan Bolton is going well but he has spent considerable time at AFL level and many rungs below so he could hardly be called a rookie coach so that example won't gain you any traction either

Earnestly awaiting your reply

Wow What a great post I generally come on here once a Day never post anything,But I have to say well done Old Chum,Well done...
Cheers mate
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Is this Gonzalo's resume or Buckleys ?

* Copeland Trophy - Best and Fairest (1994, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003)
* Allies State of Origin Representative (1995-1997)
* Made the All-Australian team in the years (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003).
* Allies State of Origin Captain (1997)
* Alex Jesaulenko Medal (1997)
* 2nd Best and Fairest (1997)
* International Rules Series (1998, 1999)
* All-Australian vice-captain (1999, 2000, 2003)
* Collingwood Captain (1999- 2007)
* International Rules Series captain (1999)
* 3rd Best and Fairest (2001)
* Norm Smith Medal (2002)
* Brownlow Medallist in a three way tie with Adam Goodes and Mark Ricciuto (2003)
* Collingwood Team of the Century (half back flank)
* Inducted into the the hall of fame (2011)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 2 of 110   

Jump to: