Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekLunatic wrote:
good on for bucks being so honest something I think that ed didn't like. I feel for him cause now he has put a target out by saying its finals or bust

Good. If the players want him to stay (and they do), they will fight for him. The talent is growing fast, and the experience is growing too. Fight is the last ingredient. Bring it on.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 am

Mugwump wrote:
E wrote:
I agree. frankly its time for everyone to just get over it and get on with it.

writing the same drivel over and over again serves no useful purpose AT ALLL.

the sack buckley brigade should focus their attention on what buckley should do next season in terms of player personel, game plan, etc., so at least if buckley continues to struggle, they can show that they aren't being like Donald Trump (i.e., demanding change without any plans for what would happen once change occurs).

the sack Buckley brigade might properly be renamed trumps army!

^ Exhibit A WolfBoy doesn't do content or ideas, E. He just posts the same thing over and over again.

Exhibit B
Mugwumps 3, 234, 687 post for the week.
We know your thoughts!!!!

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:47 am

I say one more year
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am

Voting with your feet is more about money and foxtel than anything. Footy is losing its tribalism. The golden age is over and the AFL with its fixturing, variable price bs, costs of food etc has killed the golden goose. The pies army was the last vestige of bolted on support, but the twilight games of 14 & 15 killed even that. We have had worse teams and worse coaches than Bucks over the journey, there are other factors that have reduced the bums on seats.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am

Cam wrote:
Voting with your feet is more about money and foxtel than anything. Footy is losing its tribalism. The golden age is over and the AFL with its fixturing, variable price bs, costs of food etc has killed the golden goose. The pies army was the last vestige of bolted on support, but the twilight games of 14 & 15 killed even that. We have had worse teams and worse coaches than Bucks over the journey, there are other factors that have reduced the bums on seats.

Absolutely spot on.

I made a decision not to attend but it had nothing at all to do with Buck's or the Club.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:55 am

Cam wrote:

Exactamundo.

I'd add that the corporate concrete environment at Melbourne's football stadiums are quite soul destroying. Unless these grounds are close to full, the atmosphere is very ordinary. I'm one who will not attend the Docklands ground at all because I end up with a headache from all the flashing signs around the ground. and don't get me started on the sound effects and third rate media 'performers' attempting to gee up the crowd. It's pathetic. The same thing happens at the 'G', but at least I'm a little further away. How fans and the players have allowed this visual and aural pollution to invade our game is very disappointing.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I know right? Imagine basing a performance assessment on 5 years of diminishing returns? what a crock

Exactly!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Cam wrote:

Stop that! Common sense has no place here!

I've attended every game I possibly could this year, exactly as I have done in previous years. Same for preseason and the VFL. It's only the softc$#ks who take their plastic footys and scuttle off home when things aren't going well.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Cam wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong about attendances Cam. You'll find everyone will return once we start winning again. Look at the average attendances of Collingwood games. Funny how it spikes in the years we perform well and drops in the years that we don't.

Year Games Total Average
2016 21 919,251 43,774
2015 22 1,054,966 47,953
2014 22 1,048,235 47,647
2013 23 1,236,343 53,754
2012 25 1,415,870 56,635
2011 25 1,523,987 60,959
2010 26 1,661,843 63,917
2009 25 1,423,603 56,944
2008 24 1,361,689 56,737
2007 25 1,432,878 57,315
2006 23 1,249,266 54,316
2005 22 1,003,829 45,629
2004 22 977,624 44,437
2003 25 1,342,834 53,713
2002 25 1,323,655 52,946
2001 22 1,083,203 49,236
2000 22 951,346 43,243
1999 22 886,750 40,307
1998 22 1,041,431 47,338
1997 22 1,102,961 50,135
1996 22 924,919 42,042
1995 22 1,033,444 46,975
1994 23 1,071,343 46,580
1993 20 888,130 44,406
1992 23 1,106,678 48,116
1991 22 711,258 32,330
1990 26 1,159,090 44,580
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:

Exactamundo.

I'd add that the corporate concrete environment at Melbourne's football stadiums are quite soul destroying. Unless these grounds are close to full, the atmosphere is very ordinary. I'm one who will not attend the Docklands ground at all because I end up with a headache from all the flashing signs around the ground. and don't get me started on the sound effects and third rate media 'performers' attempting to gee up the crowd. It's pathetic. The same thing happens at the 'G', but at least I'm a little further away. How fans and the players have allowed this visual and aural pollution to invade our game is very disappointing.

I agree. I think it's rather sad that there's so much loud, artificial noise that you really can't have a conversation with the people you sit near. That (and, frankly, standing in the Rush Stand) were great joys of the footy. I have posted in previous years that the artificial noise ruins my experience - if I want to hear Gimme Shelter, I put it on the stereo on ridiculously high volume at home or in the car - but I am not stupid enough to try then to talk to people over the top of it.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:23 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I disagree. We continue to voice our opinions because we are voting with our feet - we've had enough.

There is zero point getting behind Buckley, he has failed and only still survives because powerful individuals who cannot bare to lose face by admitting it, accepting it and moving forward.

It's hard to accept for both sides, but we are a club divided.

The 'Sack Buckley Brigade' remains vigilant, our numbers swell with every passing day and eventually the weight will tell.

I don't disagree with anything you say except the second comment. to say there is zero point in getting behind Buckley. since we know that buckley is going to coach in 2017, why wouldn't you get behind him and the team and giving him every chance to succeed. If your goal is Collingwood success (and I know it is - you are one of the most passionate people on this board), if you don't get behind Buckley, you might as well stop following the pies for a year. It is like cutting off your head to spite you face.

Keep him accountable in a rational way. point out specific mistakes he's made. Point out things you would do better. this is constructive (and I bet these boards a read by the club).

the problem you face (just as Trump does), if you sound like a lunatic all of the time, your real message is ignored.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:32 pm

E wrote:
I disagree. We continue to voice our opinions because we are voting with our feet - we've had enough.

There is zero point getting behind Buckley, he has failed and only still survives because powerful individuals who cannot bare to lose face by admitting it, accepting it and moving forward.

The 'Sack Buckley Brigade' remains vigilant, our numbers swell with every passing day and eventually the weight will tell.

I don't disagree with anything you say except the second comment. to say there is zero point in getting behind Buckley. since we know that buckley is going to coach in 2017, why wouldn't you get behind him and the team and giving him every chance to succeed. If your goal is Collingwood success (and I know it is - you are one of the most passionate people on this board), if you don't get behind Buckley, you might as well stop following the pies for a year. It is like cutting off your head to spite you face.

Keep him accountable in a rational way. point out specific mistakes he's made. Point out things you would do better. this is constructive (and I bet these boards a read by the club).

the problem you face (just as Trump does), if you sound like a lunatic all of the time, your real message is ignored.

I hear you and agree in principle. I guess where I'm coming from is that I don't want to reinforce failure. He really needs to lift or else, I'd rather us get smashed and a change than to limp into the finals but not realistically getting anywhere... specially in the future beyond.

I like many of us suffered patiently in my youth being a supporter of this fine club and never really getting our just rewards... with plenty of time in between and plenty of hard ache.

I am much less accepting of failure, or lost causes nowadays.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:57 pm

E wrote:

I hear you and agree in principle. I guess where I'm coming from is that I don't want to reinforce failure. He really needs to lift or else, I'd rather us get smashed and a change than to limp into the finals but not realistically getting anywhere... specially in the future beyond.

I like many of us suffered patiently in my youth being a supporter of this fine club and never really getting our just rewards... with plenty of time in between and plenty of hard ache.

Those who fear failure, are doomed never to succeed.

I prefer Samuel Beckett's line "fail, fail again, but fail better".
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
E wrote:

I prefer nike ad ....just do it!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
E wrote:

Fail better means improve your failure. That explains Collingwood from 2010 to 2016. Every year we are failing better.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 86 of 110   

Jump to: