Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm
Post subject: The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?Reply with quote

I suggest that there be one dedicated thread to Nathan Buckley as every other thread will be hijacked by that discussion.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Nathan Buckley? This thread seems to lack direction.
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Nathan Buckley and his coaching I thought is a very relevant topic. Unsure why mods are locking such threads.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 pm

It would be a huge appointment.

shaq1.jpg

Shaq the coach!

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:21 pm

I propose a new board, or at least sub-forum that can used exclusively by negative, miserable buggers to bitch and moan about how Nathan Buckley is responsible for the Australian election, the US election, the war in Syria, 9/11, Julian Assange's arrest, Chinese pushing property prices up, the ice epidemic, and why most of these posters sit alone in the dark most nights

Mod edit: Thank you for the suggestion. We will take it under consideration... - bbmods
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:31 pm

At the risk of being criticised for repeating myself, I feel obliged to repost from a thread I started in feedback today, which no-one much has visited

Pies4shaw wrote:
One of the most obvious ways that trolls ruin the experience of others on Nick's is by joining up and starting threads almost instantly. When this is done adeptly, it creates the sense of a small arsonist running across GD starting bushfire after bushfire. Because it is often difficult, no doubt, for the Mods to sort out who is a troll from who is merely a reasonably angry Collingwood supporter, this behaviour can spoil the Board for many days - or even weeks - before it can be brought to heel.

I have little experience of commenting publicly in these sorts of environments - I speak and write publicly for a living and Nick's is the only place where I do so without a backsheet - but, at the risk of making a naïve suggestion, I wonder whether the impact of smelly troll behaviour could be limited somewhat by requiring some minimum qualifying period of registration before a poster has the privilege of starting new threads. I appreciate that such an arrangement could be avoided, in theory, by registering early, lying in wait and then troll-posting when the opportunity arose but - at least to my observation - there doesn't seem to be much forethought or planning of that kind put into it. Thus, a loss to Carlton brought some new, unpleasant trolls to the Board - and they seemed to post more or less the moment they registered. I believe we have seen similar behaviour in the wake of last week's loss to Footscray, although not to the same degree.

I understand that, for many, the final decision to register on Nick's is caused by a desire to comment on a particular issue. However, I don't think there would any great merit in restricting the rights of new members to post immediately in existing threads, so that desire need not be compromised - it's really the starting of new troll threads that appears to me to be the particular problem on this Board.

Anyway, subject to the very considerable limits of my general experience in this area, I make the suggestion for what it may be worth.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=80053
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 pm

Yeah keep on avoiding the topic and keep wondering why Carlton with an aging wooden spoon winning side from last year and a bunch of unproven kids has now over taken us with a newbie coach who has served a proper coaching apprenticeship.

All relevant discussion points I'd say.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I think there's plenty of reason to have a discussion about Nathan's coaching ability and his coaching future especially with us going backwards again this year.

However, it's unhelpful that a thread that could generate decent discussion is going to be ruined by a troll who's only intent is to criticise the club 24/7 and join up under different aliases to achieve this and then a fight will begin between posters.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Flashman wrote:
Yeah keep on avoiding the topic and keep wondering why Carlton with an aging wooden spoon winning side from last year and a bunch of unproven kids has now over taken us with a newbie coach who has served a proper coaching apprenticeship.

Definitely relevant points but most people including myself are annoyed that the OP seems to have an axe to grind with the club and conveniently joins up for the second time under a different name to criticise the club without showing one shred of positivity or sign that he's a Collingwood supporter to begin with.

I'd rather hear from balanced posters (old or new) who don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to discuss an important topic like this.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Flashman wrote:

Carlton play very few "unproven kids". Their average age last week was over 26 and they fielded 10 players over 27, including 5 top-2 draft picks, plus Simpson and Everitt. They are not the comparison.

I have my own views about Buckley - and they might well be very much like yours - but I don't think letting the trolls out is the way to go.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:44 pm

My agenda is the Collingwood FC winning games.

If that isn't your agenda, please stop supporting the club.[/quote]
My agenda is for the club to succeed as someone who's a legends member and attends all Victorian games.

I'm not even a supporter of Bucks as coach and I've criticised the club more than most around here but you simply have an agenda to troll and be provocative toward other posters and trust me I've been annoyed with do-gooders who see no wrong with the club either (whether it be here, on BigFooty or social media).

The mere fact that you've joined using two different accounts in the space of a month speaks volumes of your intention to do nothing but criticise the club day in, day out. Where were you when we beat Brisbane or Geelong? Instead you only show up when the club is having a bad run.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:46 pm

I reckon Bucks should be moved on, and I don't see what harm there would be in having a caretaker coach take over should the club want to do it sooner rather than later

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Newbies and trolls hijacked the last one.

You and your petty name calling hijacked the last one.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Put it this way.If we finish bottom four with six or seven wins,then surely Bucks has to go at the end of the season?And this is coming from someone who is not a Buckley hater.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Definitely relevant points but most people including myself are annoyed that the OP seems to have an axe to grind with the club and conveniently joins up for the second time under a different name to criticise the club without showing one shred of positivity or sign that he's a Collingwood supporter to begin with.

I'd rather hear from balanced posters (old or new) who don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to discuss an important topic like this.

My agenda is the Collingwood FC winning games.

If that isn't your agenda, please stop supporting the club.

I'm not aware of your previous alts because I don't live on here but questions being asked about the club are relevant and I absolutely support them being asked and your right to ask them. Flippant smart arse comments trying to deflect away from our sharp decline in performance in the past 3 seasons aren't helpful or in the clubs best interests either.

That said telling loyal supporters to not continue supporting us because they are keeping a sense of perspective leaves you way open to allegations of trollery. You wouldn't find a better and more passionate Pies supporter than Jezza so leave him out for a start.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 1 of 110   

Jump to: