Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thumped by Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
There is nothing negative about moving on a coach who has managed to bring our playing style and effort lower and lower for 5 consecutive years.

The only negative people here are those clinging to bring us more of the same.

Agree to strongly disagree dude.

Only on your planet CC do you look solely at only ONE side of any issue. Bugger the mitigating factors in any problem when looking for a lazy knee jerk solution. You would be great as a hack footy journo!! Twisted Evil Razz

JamesJ 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Moving on a coach after 5 years who has had 5 years of straight regression is not knee jerk.

I propose you look up the meaning of the term.

If you go through history, no coach in the entire history of the VFL/AFL has been given longer in his position with diminishing returns each year than Nathan Buckley.

That isn't a knee jerk response.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Well TP you don't like abusive people in the stands and I don't like them on here.

Yet another damn lie................ Rolling Eyes

The fact is that it's not that you don't like abusive people on here; you don’t like posters who challenge and confront YOUR negative side’s views. You NEVER post anything against the abuse hurled by the negative tulips and the bloody white ants. That is a sheer example of double standards but you probably don’t think that dude.
You are part of the problem, most definitely not the solution. Rolling Eyes

Give it a rest Lazza.

Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:50 pm

would appreciate it if you guys would check out my review of the game from the weekend. You can do so by simply following the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v58XJOtRbY&spfreload=10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:01 pm

JamesJ wrote:
Moving on a coach after 5 years who has had 5 years of straight regression is not knee jerk.

If you go through history, no coach in the entire history of the VFL/AFL has been given longer in his position with diminishing returns each year than Nathan Buckley.

Feel free to prove that by going through the analysis, coach by coach and demonstrating it here. This is an easy assertion to make. Back it up - or stop before you go blind.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:09 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Well TP you don't like abusive people in the stands and I don't like them on here.

Yet another damn lie................ Rolling Eyes

The fact is that it's not that you don't like abusive people on here; you don’t like posters who challenge and confront YOUR negative side’s views. You NEVER post anything against the abuse hurled by the negative tulips and the bloody white ants. That is a sheer example of double standards but you probably don’t think that dude.
You are part of the problem, most definitely not the solution. Rolling Eyes

Give it a rest Lazza.

thompsoc, please cut out the lectures from yourself dude. I have the same right as anyone else to post here, just that I also apply the other R in responsibility when I post, unlike you. Rolling Eyes
As for giving it a rest, have a look at a mirror dude and please bloody practise what you preach.......... Shocked

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Who was your favourite player back in the day, JamesJ? Did you have a soft spot for Patto's 4-goal effort against Freo in 1999?

Tried very hard not to but geez, I had to laugh...... Razz Laughing

Nah, itd have to be Tranquilis 8 goals against the weagles I reckon, I think it was around 1992 . Razz

1994 I believe.

And I'll not stand for any put downs of Stephen Patterson, he was a fair player and a proud servant of the Club

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:44 pm

JamesJ wrote:

Well, maybe a Homer Simpson knee jerk reaction...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:53 am

MODS please shut this thread now, this vile and rotten game is history now, please confine it too the dungeons of Nicks, for all eternity.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:45 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

Feel free to prove that by going through the analysis, coach by coach and demonstrating it here. This is an easy assertion to make. Back it up - or stop before you go blind.

Dude you're worse than Bucks with his stats sheets.. who gives a shit about the 'specific numbers' the premise is true and you know it is - stop being part of the problem you dinosaur.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:43 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
JamesJ wrote:

He has proved it. In the history of VFL/AFL, no coach has ever had 5 consecutive years of diminishing ladder positions. The answer is zero, and he has shown that.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 am

Yes, whatever. I would just like people to take the trouble to substantiate their assertions. He wants to persuade me, he should do the work.
Since I haven't been to a game (despite my reserved seat Legends membership) since Collingwood lost to Footscray last year, mostly because the game style bored me and I can't stand the way the team is coached, it wouldn't be that hard to get me over the line. You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that my criticism of glib anti-Buckley posts means that I disagree with the underlying sentiment - I'm just tired of stupid assertions that are easy to make but where no effort is made to support them.

I posted 2 days ago. There has been no substantive response. Since you accept that what was said is correct, why don't you supply the analysis (or the link to somebody else's analysis), if there is one?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, whatever. I would just like people to take the trouble to substantiate their assertions. He wants to persuade me, he should do the work.
Since I haven't been to a game (despite my reserved seat Legends membership) since Collingwood lost to Footscray last year, mostly because the game style bored me and I can't stand the way the team is coached, it wouldn't be that hard to get me over the line. You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that my criticism of glib anti-Buckley posts means that I disagree with the underlying sentiment - I'm just tired of stupid assertions that are easy to make but where no effort is made to support them.

I posted 2 days ago. There has been no substantive response. Since you accept that what was said is correct, why don't you supply the analysis (or the link to somebody else's analysis), if there is one?

In the history of VFL/AFL, no coach has ever had 5 consecutive years of diminishing ladder positions....

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Alan Joyce is the closest

1988 19 wins
1991 16 wins
1992 14 wins
1993 13 wins
1994 12 wins
1995 11 wins
1996 2 - was sacked after 12 games

He coached Hawthorn in 1988, 91 and 92 and 1993. He was hired by Bulldogs and was sacked after 12 games in 1996.

As it has been said, no other coach has ever coached a team for as long as Buckley and performed worse EVERY YEAR.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:40 pm

So, the first piece of actual information posted on this issue shows that the claim was wrong. Why am I not surprised? I'm glad we cleared that up. Of course the fact that Buckley isn't quite that special doesn't mean that Collingwood's record since 2010 isn't execrable but the discussion is improved by people being accurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24   

Jump to: