Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thumped by Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
Not too much good in that. The best was the return of Sinclair, who was excellent. Is there anyone who still claims that he is a poor kick and turnover prone? There's nothing to support this. Calm under pressure, used the ball well and often. Of the others I could probably only mention Reid as being good, Pendlebury was ok but made too many mistakes for his standards and Treloar was pretty good.

Overall though, this wasn't about individual players. We lacked run all over the park. I've been saying all season we are a poor running team and today we were terrible against a very good running team in the Power. We missed our chances and struggled badly up forward due to lack of smalls, but it's the running dominance that told out. Cloke wasn't great but gave a contest and put in an effort.

Get real, I watched Sinclair turn it over a number of times today, which game were you watching!

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:44 pm

I refuse to use the weather or injuries as an excuse for the deplorable way we played today. Port were faster, stronger, harder at the contest than we were. They run into space and moved the ball forward at all costs, while we sat back and waited for something to happen.

We were slaughtered in contested possession and our defense was a shambles. Today was some of the worst football I've seen this team play for a long time. No one knows how to screw it up quite like we do.

I know we're down but I still want to see some heart and endeavour from the team. Instead I saw players falling over, not manning up, not hitting up targets, turning the ball over, missing easy shots on goal.

We coughed up 8 goals (at least) from port running into an open goalsquare. That is simply unacceptable and I don't care who you are. We look like a team with no cohesion or structure today. What was the set up?

We looked like witches hats today. Port ran rings around us and had a field day - putting on a clinic and sharing the ball around while we played catch up. Not good enough.

Umpiring was pathetic too but hey, what's new..
AN_Inkling 

SteveH67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Not too much good in that. The best was the return of Sinclair, who was excellent. Is there anyone who still claims that he is a poor kick and turnover prone? There's nothing to support this. Calm under pressure, used the ball well and often. Of the others I could probably only mention Reid as being good, Pendlebury was ok but made too many mistakes for his standards and Treloar was pretty good.

Overall though, this wasn't about individual players. We lacked run all over the park. I've been saying all season we are a poor running team and today we were terrible against a very good running team in the Power. We missed our chances and struggled badly up forward due to lack of smalls, but it's the running dominance that told out. Cloke wasn't great but gave a contest and put in an effort.

Get real, I watched Sinclair turn it over a number of times today, which game were you watching!

No you didn't. He had one turnover all game. Seems to be a bias here because you are completely wrong.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

I am now waiting for Trav Cloke to once again become the focus of attention, in order to divert from the total lack of coaching.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Bad kicking is bad football.

Dominated for large parts of 1st and 2nd q but couldn't kick a goal.

Confidence then sapped as they ran it down for easy goals.

Overused handball and dinky kicks- port just kept it moving- also hung out back for cheapies.

Oxley is a dumb and soft footballer

De goey needs a spell

Varcoe has been ordinary since return from injury

Frost and toovey had shockers

Goodyear and crocker were barely sighted

Trealor was poor

Pendles, crisp and Steele had moments

Maynard was ok- but continued his giving up 2 goals from turnovers a game average.

Greenwood gives away too many frees

Cloke had a decent crack but not ideal

Jesse white did some good things but missed goals

Blair, Sinclair, Howe, Reid, smith, cox and Grundy all tried their arse off and saved this being a 100 point drubbing.

Missed Adams big time- also fasolo and Moore

Bring in Marley, goldy, aish, marsh and in reckon Phillips and wills deserve a crack as well.

Go woods!
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Disgusting putrid dumb as dogs chit football side coached by a moron, had enough of this.... Just feck off now and take your heap of chit game plan with you.....

Ohh and Sinclair
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Season officially over if it wasn't already, no more games for Cloke, he won't be here next year so we may as well get games into Gault, guys like Sinclair-Blair-Maynard can disappear as well, not AFL standard and never will be, Frost is on thin ice as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Museman wrote:
Disgusting putrid dumb as dogs chit football side coached by a moron, had enough of this.... Just feck off now and take your heap of chit game plan with you.....

Ohh and Sinclair

And Sinclair was excellent? I agree.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:47 pm

courtza wrote:
Fantastic result for Gonz and co.

If Nathan Numpty wasn't giving them so much ammunition week after week after week, you wouldn't have to worry about what they say. As long as Numpty is in charge your just going to have to put up with it.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Season officially over if it wasn't already, no more games for Cloke, he won't be here next year so we may as well get games into Gault, guys like Sinclair-Blair-Maynard can disappear as well, not AFL standard and never will be, Frost is on thin ice as well.

You named 3 of our better players today
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 pm

why do we look like such a poor kicking team when cloke is in the side? he didnt even have that many shots on goal...

and why did port always have 1 extra in the forward line?
the structure and the effort today where both poor.

The coaches and the players both hang your head in shame.

Where the hell was our small forwards? nobody crumbed anything!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
I am now waiting for Trav Cloke to once again become the focus of attention, in order to divert from the total lack of coaching.

BOTH Coaching staff and all players should hang their heads in shame after that awful non performance, they are all too blame equally. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
All the good work of the previous two weeks has been undone, that was a terrible display, losing those four guys last week really hurt us, but today the overall effort was very, very insipid and disappointing. Port clearly came to play, they had run themselves into form by smashing the Deeees the previous week. Sure injuries have killed us, to vital players, but I'm sure none of us expected that woeful display today, its come out of nowhere. How the players respond to today I just don't know, but we need to make some changes for next week, todays non effort is just unacceptable on so many fronts, bad kicking for goals one of them.

Yes, the fish rots at the head. Time for it to be cut off. It's about time you saw the light.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:50 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
why do we look like such a poor kicking team when cloke is in the side? he didnt even have that many shots on goal...

Maybe because Cloke is not the cause of it.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:50 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

You named 3 of our better players today

Some of these responses seem to be templates as they don't reflect the actual game in any way. Sinclair was very good, barely made a mistake. Blair played one of his better games and gave a great effort. Maynard was ok but did make a number of mistakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24   

Jump to: