Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Which clubs have gone ahead of us in our rebuild period?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:13 pm
Post subject: Which clubs have gone ahead of us in our rebuild period?Reply with quote

In 2013, we made a decision to rebuild. Don't have any issues with that, it is what it is.

Around the same time, a number of clubs were rebuilding. Watching the games today, Melbourne are infront of Hawthorn at half time, Carlton are about to go 6 wins and 5 losses. Both teams will finish ahead of this year.

St. Kilda, Carlton & Melbourne have gone ahead of this year. All 3 clubs also have the luxury of having their 1st Pick, we don't.

The only clubs that haven't gone ahead of us as Fremantle (they are on a downward curve), Essendon (they will go ahead of us next year when they get their full side back) & Brisbane (they are a basketcase).

Right now, we are a bottom 4/6 club and there are no signs that we will climb the ladder anytime soon.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice for most stupid post of the year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:01 pm
Post subject: Re: Which clubs have gone ahead of us in our rebuild period?Reply with quote

Nah, none of those teams have had the massive injuries toll we have had, we lost to the scum with fifteen players injured, closely, and I don't reckon the scum, saints or deees are ahead of us at all. jUST on the scum again, they had four No. I picks, we never had that luxury, yet they are still pretty average at best, nothing too write home about. JUST GIVE us a full and fit team, a healthy list for once, for bloody once, and we will climb the ladder all right, you are far, far too pessimistic, chrissakes, we walloped the cats, and bar injuries woulda beaten the doggies. Shocked Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:

its not JEZ07 REINCARNATED IS IT. Shocked

Not quite sure what you mean P&C . I've been Mudlark for 14 years and I'm expressing an opinion.You have a problem with that ?
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:17 pm

The pies recent form and game style is very good and will ensure the club is a threat next year and many years after that!

The injuries have been a big blow to the pies this year when they started to click- but they have already and will also provide more games and responsibility to younger guys. We are seeing Grundy, Crisp, Faz, start to fulfill their potential - with some valuable experience into guys like Moore, Crocker and De Goey.

Our mature pick-ups are starting to deliver - WHite, Cox, Greenwood, Varcoe and now Howe this will be important because when we come hunting for flags it ail be genuine - not like say Kangas who might be top 4 but never likely - or Tigers who make the finals but never threaten!

There are plenty of good signs there Gonzo - Pay close attention to our 20-24 year olds - plenty of guns! just open your eyes and open your mind to the future… a future of Collingwood domination Smile

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:28 pm

It's all the fault of the people who called us Magpies and made us wear black and white stripes and started us in Collingwood. if it wasn't for that, we'd be as good as ... [insert the name of the club you really support while you troll on a Collingwood board].
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:41 pm

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean P&C . I've been Mudlark for 14 years and I'm expressing an opinion.You have a problem with that ?

sorry mate, must have got my wires crossed, of course, I meant the author of this thread, a newbie, who seems to mirror the pessimism of Jez07, somehow I got the posts mixed up, I sure did not mean you, my apologies. I was actually asking you do you think its him reincarnated. Hope that clears it up. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:47 pm

The same old excuses are trotted out. We've had injuries, we will be a threat next year. It's the same every year.

We are looking at a Bottom 4/6 finish without our first pick and the future of Cloke/Swan at the crossroads. Some people don't realise what a dire situation we are in.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
mudlark wrote:

sorry mate, must have got my wires crossed, of course, I meant the author of this thread, a newbie, who seems to mirror the pessimism of Jez07, somehow I got the posts mixed up, I sure did not mean you, my apologies. I was actually asking you do you think its him reincarnated. Hope that clears it up. Wink

No probs mate.I've got a bit of cabin fever up here as it's pissing down and i'm stuck watching Carlton/Brisbane.Whorethorn/Melbourne and now geelong.Bored and not on the ball.All good. Cool
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:45 pm
Post subject: Re: Which clubs have gone ahead of us in our rebuild period?Reply with quote

Gonzalo wrote:
In 2013, we made a decision to rebuild. Don't have any issues with that, it is what it is.

Around the same time, a number of clubs were rebuilding. Watching the games today, Melbourne are infront of Hawthorn at half time, Carlton are about to go 6 wins and 5 losses. Both teams will finish ahead of this year.

St. Kilda, Carlton & Melbourne have gone ahead of this year. All 3 clubs also have the luxury of having their 1st Pick, we don't.

The only clubs that haven't gone ahead of us as Fremantle (they are on a downward curve), Essendon (they will go ahead of us next year when they get their full side back) & Brisbane (they are a basketcase).

Right now, we are a bottom 4/6 club and there are no signs that we will climb the ladder anytime soon.

don't get too excited about Melbourne getting close to the Hawks. The Poo and Piss are on the slide and I reckon they are on target to slip out of the 8.
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Redlight wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
The same old excuses are trotted out.

You mean the same old accurate and reasonable observations?

Injuries are part of AFL football. A club that uses them as an excuse for 5 straight years is a club that has a President, CEO and Coach that spin to members who lap up anything they say to divert attention from regression after regression.

It isn't all about wins and losses. It is also about improvement in the gameplan (we rely still on fierce tackling and pressure), improvement in young and established players and progression in the AFL landscape.

How many players have improved under Buckley? You can count them on one hand.

I don't consider the people that have blind faith for Nathan Buckley as supporters at all. They support Nathan Buckley before the Collingwood Football Club.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:43 pm

The problem with this troll crap is that it poisons the atmosphere, so that it becomes impossible to start a reasonable yet critical discussion because everyone is just on the defensive.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Fremantle, Essendon and Williamstown have gone past us. Dark times.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Ok gonzo let's look at this objectively
First off the rebuild started in 2012 not 2013
Secondly the rebuild cut a lot deeper than I think the club first imagined. I doubt in our planning we had Daisy Thomas breaking down and leaving, doubt we had Dayne Beams leaving, doubt we had Heath Shaw leaving, doubt we had Shazza Wellingham leaving plus the careers of Johnno, Ball, Jolly, Didak, Davis, Maxy etc all ending so quickly around each other.
Thirdly you say our game plan is purely tackle and pressure. Well not so this year we have tried to also play run and carry football and whilst it hasn't been a success there are signs it's slowly improving
Lastly you say you can count on 1 hand players who have improved under Bucks watch ok let's me see if I can count more
Sidebottom
DeGoey
Moore
Crisp
Adams
White (much improved this year after stints in the seconds)
Varcoe (was never this competitive at Geelong)
Maynard
Frost
Langdon
Grundy
Witts
Fasalo
Elliott
Crocker
Goodyear
So there's enough for both your hands and feet
Now gonzo if everything the club and coach does upsets you so maybe your better off supporting another club because you certainly don't support this one
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:12 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ok gonzo let's look at this objectively
First off the rebuild started in 2012 not 2013
Secondly the rebuild cut a lot deeper than I think the club first imagined. I doubt in our planning we had Daisy Thomas breaking down and leaving, doubt we had Dayne Beams leaving, doubt we had Heath Shaw leaving, doubt we had Shazza Wellingham leaving plus the careers of Johnno, Ball, Jolly, Didak, Davis, Maxy etc all ending so quickly around each other.
Thirdly you say our game plan is purely tackle and pressure. Well not so this year we have tried to also play run and carry football and whilst it hasn't been a success there are signs it's slowly improving
Lastly you say you can count on 1 hand players who have improved under Bucks watch ok let's me see if I can count more
Sidebottom
DeGoey
Moore
Crisp
Adams
White (much improved this year after stints in the seconds)
Varcoe (was never this competitive at Geelong)
Maynard
Frost
Langdon
Grundy
Witts
Fasalo
Elliott
Crocker
Goodyear
So there's enough for both your hands and feet
Now gonzo if everything the club and coach does upsets you so maybe your better off supporting another club because you certainly don't support this one

Some of your examples are flat out strange and lies.

How can you say a player such as Goodyear has improved under Buckley? He has played 1 game. Seriously, your examples are utter lies and delusion that the fanbois sprout.

Witts? He is stuck in the 2's and was pathetic against Sydney.
White? A block of 2 good games against Brisbane & Geelong in 3 years means he has improved?

Do you even watch VFL games? Or attend games?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: