Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Toovey and concussion

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:18 pm
Post subject: Toovey and concussionReply with quote

Did Toovey concuss himself?
Or did that mysterious seagull return?

I hear Tooves and a cuple of bulldogs got fined for a melee.
Can anyone shed light on how Tooves got concussed. It doesn't sem to have raised any questions.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened at HB, Toovs went to kick the ball and kicked himself in the face instead.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 pm

So he goes off and fails the concussion test and today is "cleared" of concussion!! Please explain
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

inxs88 wrote:
So he goes off and fails the concussion test and today is "cleared" of concussion!! Please explain

What Balme said was that they were pretty concerned for him yesterday, but scans today showed no long-term issues so they expect he'll miss a week.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:11 am
Post subject: Re: Toovey and concussionReply with quote

orie wrote:
Did Toovey concuss himself?
Or did that mysterious seagull return?

I hear Tooves and a cuple of bulldogs got fined for a melee.
Can anyone shed light on how Tooves got concussed. It doesn't sem to have raised any questions.

Very reasonable point to raise. I'm just watching the second quarter. What the footage shows is Toovey chasing Picken hard on the Member's wing, Picken centring the ball and then the camera moves off them. The next time you see Toovey, he is concussed. It plainly didn't happen in the play that was shown. It's surprising it wasn't investigated.
58pie 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 am

Toovey worst attempt at a spoil I have even seen which resulted in Bulldog goal. Disposals b4 he went off in second term 1. Glad he went off and I hope he retires and he can take Sinclair with him. No good risking their health.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:45 am

That's a mean thing to say, especially since people have already pulled you up for saying it in another thread. I let it go the first time because I thought you were just emotional after the loss but really, you shouldn't be saying this stuff on a Collingwood board. Toovey has been a fine contributor over a long period of time and I certainly don't wish concussions on him.

Anyway, at the time he left the ground, the opposition forwards had managed either 3 or 4 goals, so it isn't like he somehow cost Collingwood the game.

Back on topic, there is a very serious question how he came to be concussed and why the AFL doesn't seem to have investigated it.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 am

58pie wrote:
Toovey worst attempt at a spoil I have even seen which resulted in Bulldog goal. Disposals b4 he went off in second term 1. Glad he went off and I hope he retires and he can take Sinclair with him. No good risking their health.

The question is whether Toovs was concussed before that spoil?
Because it was a shocking effort at spoiling.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:02 pm

There's no clear vision of the incident other than Toovey chasing Picken and then being assisted from the ground. There is a ump not far from it I'm guessing there's nothing in it. The club hasn't come out asking why no report so it might just be a collision gone wrong.
I hope Tooves is ok he might not be the best player we have but he is a premiership player and a guy who tries his best
Get well soon Tooves
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:36 pm

58pie wrote:

Sounds like a tiger fan!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 pm

They think it was after a bit of a scuffle prior to the chase of Picken. It was on Footy Classified but I've since deleted the recording to have another look.

58 Pie, mate seriously show some respect. He might not be the most talented but he is very rarely beaten. Who cares how many disposals he had, how many goals did his opponent kick whilst he was playing?

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Footy Classified say that Toovey has no memory of what happened but he doesn't think it was anything untoward.

They hypothesised that Toovey had been involved in a small melee before Toovey spent a few minutes on the bench as part of a normal rotation so it is possible that something may have happened then to cause the concussion..... Toovey came back on for about two minutes when we see him Chase Picken then he goes off the ground for good.

They didn't say it but sort of inferred that Collingwood may have mismanaged him by allowing him to go back on instead of picking up something was amiss when he was on the bench moments before.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That's a mean thing to say, especially since people have already pulled you up for saying it in another thread. I let it go the first time because I thought you were just emotional after the loss but really, you shouldn't be saying this stuff on a Collingwood board. Toovey has been a fine contributor over a long period of time and I certainly don't wish concussions on him.

Anyway, at the time he left the ground, the opposition forwards had managed either 3 or 4 goals, so it isn't like he somehow cost Collingwood the game.

Back on topic, there is a very serious question how he came to be concussed and why the AFL doesn't seem to have investigated it.

Agree with all of it

As to the last, I remember a pretty vicious scuffle, and screaming "get off him you (ladylike pause) mongrel". I'm also wondering why there has been no mention of it

58pie 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Sorry to offend, poor words. I was having a bad day talking to the ATO. They don't like being questioned just like some here. We all like hanging out for the money but you have to know when you would be better doing something else.
Toovs was a part of 2010 that we all enjoyed but he got up my nose when he shopped himself around and nobody wanted him. He was lucky to renew his contract then. I never knock other peoples views. Read, don't agree but don't mock(like JW does ) Go pies. ps I hate the tigers, Barry Breen, and Carlton just to name a few.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 pm

58pie wrote:
Sorry to offend, poor words. I was having a bad day talking to the ATO. They don't like being questioned just like some here. We all like hanging out for the money but you have to know when you would be better doing something else.
Toovs was a part of 2010 that we all enjoyed but he got up my nose when he shopped himself around and nobody wanted him. He was lucky to renew his contract then. I never knock other peoples views. Read, don't agree but don't mock(like JW does ) Go pies. ps I hate the tigers, Barry Breen, and Carlton just to name a few.

Yes 58pie we have a lot of Posters who mock others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: