Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

a run for their money.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:19 am
Post subject: a run for their money.Reply with quote

here is the team we didn't name this week. I think it would give the team that was picked one hell of a fright when fully fit!

Ramsay Brown Williams
Langdon Marsh Scharenberg
Aish Adams Phillips
Moore Swan Goldsack
Faz Gault Elliot

Witts Broomhead Macaffer

Sier, Wills.

Injured players in bold!!!!!!!

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:21 am
Post subject: Re: a run for their money.Reply with quote

E wrote:
here is the team we didn't name this week. I think it would give the team that was picked one hell of a fright when fully fit!

Ramsay Brown Williams
Langdon Marsh Scharenberg
Aish Adams Phillips
Moore Swan Goldsack
Faz Gault Elliot

Witts Broomhead Macaffer

Sier, Wills.

Injured players in bold!!!!!!!

Don't want to be picky but Broomhead fully agree with you that they would give Sunday's team a hell of a fright! Commentators making a big fuss about the Tigers injury toll last night giving them the right to cop a 70 point drubbing. Last Sunday they didn't have the same sympathy for our injuries let alone our quality outs like Swanny Elliot,and Ramsay.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Half back line and center line are rubbish in the above team. If they could get the ball forward, they might be dangerous, but I doubt they could get more than 20 inside 50s.

There is really only 6 players who are certain starters, Elliot, Fas, Moore, Swan, Adams, Williams.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:39 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Half back line and center line are rubbish in the above team. If they could get the ball forward, they might be dangerous, but I doubt they could get more than 20 inside 50s.

There is really only 6 players who are certain starters, Elliot, Fas, Moore, Swan, Adams, Williams.

I love that you say only 6, and then fail to include at least 2 guys who have played in every game in which they have been healthy in the past 2 years (how more CERTAIn can you get) - Langdon and Brown.

You also left out Ramsey who had clearly put himself squarely in the lead for that one BP/HBF spot that was up for grabs before he got hurt.

I'd also suggest that most people had scharenberg pencilled in on the HBf if fully fit.

So we got to 9 players who would likely be CERTAIN starters. NINE! That is half a team!

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:44 am

There is more than 6, gee some people really want to down the Pies for the sake of hate.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Injuries have basically ruined yet another season, the last time we had a fully fit and healthy list was in 1990, or so it seems too me now.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:44 pm

How I see it:

Arguably in out best 5-10 players:
Elliott
Swan
Adams

In out best 22:
Fasolo
Williams
Moore
Brown (Horses for courses)

Extremely close to best 22:
Langdon
Witts

Not quite best 22, but should be within 2 seasons:
Broomhead
Aish
Marsh

Great depth players:
Goldsack
Macaffer

Can be argued: (Due to lack of opportunities, its difficult to make a call)
Scharenberg
Ramsay

Not best 22, but young upcoming players:
Phillips
Wills
Sier

And Gault, who I didn't know where to put.... could possibly go in the depth player category?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:21 pm

E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

I love that you say only 6, and then fail to include at least 2 guys who have played in every game in which they have been healthy in the past 2 years (how more CERTAIn can you get) - Langdon and Brown.

You also left out Ramsey who had clearly put himself squarely in the lead for that one BP/HBF spot that was up for grabs before he got hurt.

I'd also suggest that most people had scharenberg pencilled in on the HBf if fully fit.

So we got to 9 players who would likely be CERTAIN starters. NINE! That is half a team!

OK, 9 but the midfield and HB line is still terrible so they'd still struggle to compete against the current 22. Look at what Presti posted. That's about right.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
E wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

OK, 9 but the midfield and HB line is still terrible so they'd still struggle to compete against the current 22. Look at what Presti posted. That's about right.

I am glad that you now have enough belief in our first 22 that you consider that our reserves and kids would struggle against them. This is a really positive move in the right direction.

I agree that this teams midfield isnt as strong as the midfield of our senior team, although with adams and Swan both in the team, i'm pretty sure they'd be competitive (and would certainly get first use of the ball).

Obviously, since this is EVERY player on the senior list tyhat is not in our best 22 this week, i ran out of serious options for about 5 or 6 positions. i tried to show that with my use of bold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: