Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All is not lost...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:13 am
Post subject: All is not lost...Reply with quote

With regards to this round and the next 4 - 6 weeks, the recent spate of injuries isn't great, but could or should be well covered from our playing depth.

A look at the outs and ins over the next month, for me, looks like this...

Out: Moore... in: Cloke. Should be a relatively like for like swap. Moore has been handy and looks a future star, but has hardly dominated. Averaging 1 or two goals a game, Trav SHOULD be able to replicate that. Maybe it's the perfect time for the lad to have a rest, and for Cloke to reassert himself. I'm hopeful.

Out: Fasolo... In: Macaffer. I think the club is playing ducks and drakes here. Caf can play that role, and could easily come in in the weekend, with Toovey making way, which Sinclair fills. Not ideal, and Fas will be missed, but he has also gone missing at times, and maybe a change up mightnt hurt too much for a bit.

Out: Adams... In: Goodyear. This is where it gets tough. Adams provides toughness, grunt and leadership. Goodie has been impressive in the VFL though, and looks to deserve a call-up. Wills is the other one who I'd like to see get a run in this role, so time will tell if he gets his chance.

Out: Toovey... In: Sinclair / Marsh. Sinkers is playing this week, which should provide more run and spread, whilst Marsh has been in great form, and deserves a shot at this role. Maybe Maynard also comes out, to give him a rest and make room for the above two at some stage. Goldy amd Langdon are the other ones that may demand a spot over the next few weeks, as this role is also suited to them. Form will be telling, and the pressure is on to maintain your spot. Not a bad thung.

We need some luck to go our way, and players to step up, but our core of in form players are still there, whilst the midfield remains the key, where we've been looking alright for a few weeks now. I'm still expecting us to win against Port, dependent on how well the new outfit gells, whilst a loss will be v disappointing and expose our inability to adapt in the face of a challenge.

Go pies!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon Caff might play that defensive HF role like he did in '10 and clamp onto one of their attacking HBs.

edit: reckon i might have no idea considering caff didn't get a game and is playing in the twos

Last edited by Cam on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:15 pm

The only real loss last week (apart from the game) was Adams, the others are replaceable, we go into tomorrow with a strong side and we should win comfortably.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Yeah, I dont know Bob.

Fasolo has been pretty huge for us this year. 22 goals and averaging 16 disposals, not bad for a forward.

Would be polling well in the Copeland.

We'll definitely miss him.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:56 pm
Post subject: Re: All is not lost...Reply with quote

cityslick1 wrote:
With regards to this round and the next 4 - 6 weeks, the recent spate of injuries isn't great, but could or should be well covered from our playing depth.

A look at the outs and ins over the next month, for me, looks like this....

Posted a similar thing in the pre-match thread:

Presti35 wrote:
I dont think we'll see any omissions for this game. Just outs due to injury.

Replacing Toovey:
Tooves was one Pie, and this could be argued, that was probably on the verge of being left out of the best 22 this year.

Sinclair could come in to plug a spot in the back pocket, but he has had some concussion concerns of his own lately. Then you have Williams, but is he ready to come back into the seniors? Langdons ankle is probably not ready yet either.

Marsh, who was an emergency, will probably get the nod here.

Replacing Moore:
The obvious choice is Cloke. I cant see Bucks going in without brining Cloke in for Moore. Witts is another tall, but you cant play 3 ruckmen can you? Goldsack is another that could be asked to play in Moores place, but surly its Cloke.

So yeah, Cloke.

Replacing Adams:
Another tough task. Adams is central to our teams guts. Macaffer has the hard body and experience, but his form at AFL level early on was not good. He has been good at VFL level recently, but do we look to the younger Aish? Can Sinclair play a midfield role?

I think Aish, but I am concerned about replacing Adams hardness at the ball.

Replacing Fasolo:
Will be difficult to replace. He has been a shining light for us this year. I thought he would poll well in the Copeland, but we'll see how many games he misses, if any at all.

Who can kick the goals? I suppose Macaffer was a small forward back in his day. We haven't really seen him up forward for a while, it's an idea. Goldsack can play in the forward line too, it's just he is the wrong type of forward to replace Fas. I guess I'm feeling forced to pick Caff, who I guess could rotate with Aish if he were to replace Adams.

All the factors:
The emergencies from yesterday:
Witts, Marsh & Sinclair.

Been in good VFL form (Last 2 weeks):
Macaffer, Goldsack, Aish, Witts & Marsh.

Others playing VFL:
Wills, Phillips & Goodyear

Coming back from injury (& probably not ready for AFL):
Brown, Williams, Gault & Wills.

Still injured:
Broomhead (2 Weeks)
Langdon (2 Weeks)
Elliott (Season)
Ramsay (Season)
Scharenberg (Season)
Swan (Season).

So I have:
Marsh for Toovey.
Aish for Adams.
Cloke for Moore.
And Macaffer for Fasolo.

Sinclair, Witts and Goldsack unlucky. With Brown & Williams needing another week of VFL.

Hopefully some of our guys pull up ok and we arent force to make four changes, but what do you think? (Kind of expecting some grief for picking Caff).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:49 am

Presti35 wrote:
Yeah, I dont know Bob.

Fasolo has been pretty huge for us this year. 22 goals and averaging 16 disposals, not bad for a forward.

Would be polling well in the Copeland.

We'll definitely miss him.

Agree. Losing Fasolo shouldn't be underestimated especially with Elliott not playing this season and Moore gone now, but at least Cloke returns. Adams is a massive loss as well. His absence during the Eagles and Blues matches a few weeks back was profound.

I think we're underdogs against Port and rightfully so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: