Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
The game was lost by poor accuracy on goal.
Buckley post game:

“Forty-four insides for six goals in first three quarters and not taking advantage of our domination of the play for the most part of that was – we couldn’t put a gap in them and that cost us the game ultimately.”

And:

“We were right in it until we missed a couple of opportunities going inside fifty, gilt edged opportunities, which had been happening for most of the game, so we just needded to take those chances a couple of times. The Skipper, and the Fas on one occaision that was in the second quarter. No, we just missed some opportunities to take full toll while we had the chance."

He also said team effort was OK but of minimum standard required.

Said to Laz at 1/2 time missed opportunities would come back to haunt us, losing players just compounded that.

Yep, what we predicted at half time was right but we both didn't obviously predict having 4 major injuries impacting on performance.
We can either sook, whinge and whine about the injuries (which we have no control over) or move on. I choose to do the latter.
Any talk of the season being over is just speculative rubbish considering that it is not even half way point of the season yet and that every season, there are major surprise results involving other teams. FAR too early to predict with any accuracy IMHO.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:24 pm
Post subject: Very Proud of the effortReply with quote

I think others have said the same on here, but wow, what an effort yesterday. Yes we lost, yes we got more injuries....but what we saw was a genuine four quarter effort. Goal kicking needs work. I don't agree with Bucks...when we lost our last bench player I knew the exhaustion would hand the game to the dogs.

I think what this match highlights a key point. The players should be bitterly disappointed with the effort in the first part of the year. And i think that (and injuries) will spell the end of any finals hopes. I am alright with that as long as we keep showing that same intent from yesterday. Hope the club keeps getting games into the likes of Maynard, Crocker and Smith.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:
The game was lost by poor accuracy on goal.
Buckley post game:

“Forty-four insides for six goals in first three quarters and not taking advantage of our domination of the play for the most part of that was – we couldn’t put a gap in them and that cost us the game ultimately.”

And:

“We were right in it until we missed a couple of opportunities going inside fifty, gilt edged opportunities, which had been happening for most of the game, so we just needded to take those chances a couple of times. The Skipper, and the Fas on one occaision that was in the second quarter. No, we just missed some opportunities to take full toll while we had the chance."

He also said team effort was OK but of minimum standard required.

Said to Laz at 1/2 time missed opportunities would come back to haunt us, losing players just compounded that.

Yep, what we predicted at half time was right but we both didn't obviously predict having 4 major injuries impacting on performance.
We can either sook, whinge and whine about the injuries (which we have no control over) or move on. I choose to do the latter.
Any talk of the season being over is just speculative rubbish considering that it is not even half way point of the season yet and that every season, there are major surprise results involving other teams. FAR too early to predict with any accuracy IMHO.

I predicted the critical situation the game would depend on pre-game. On a roll.

"Like my last two pre-game pitches, I see this one as very winnable for the Pies too. But unlike the past two games this one will hinge, in the end, on kicking accuracy for goal. Both teams will have ample scoring opportunities, but if the Pies don’t nail those gettable goals they will eventually fall short, just. A greasy ball due an early evening dew in the last quarter will make the job even harder.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79996&start=0
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Great game yesterday but a disappointing result. Both team applied a great deal of pressure for the first 3/4 of the game with the injuries having impact in the final quarter.

We certainly squandered some opportunities especially in the second quarter and at time when there was not a lot of pressure being imposed on the ball carrier.

The skills demonstrated by both teams was a reflection of the speed and pressure of the game.

Clapped the boys off as they headed into the race. They were very disappointed and exhausted. The season is going to get a lot tougher due to the injuries sustained.

Anybody being over critical of the team need to be a little more realistic in their expectations. Dogs are a pretty good unit and we certainly were in the race to beat them at 3/4 time.

pricey 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Anyone know what happened to cause Toovey's concussion. Only mention on the TV was that it happened "off the ball".
No Replay , nothing more said.
Larabee 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Outstanding effort by the boys. Poor finishing is Collingwood's Achilles' heel and has been for yonks. Injuries determine flags, there's no doubt about it. Hopefully Pie's luck will turn, as it will, sometime.

Very proud of the team and I wouldn't be giving up on finals footy just yet.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:40 pm

The loss sucked, the Dogs are like Norf, just pretenders, but like you I was really proud of the team, the effort, against all odds. Just wish the god of injuries would give us a break, and pick on some other mob for once.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Definitely a four quarter effort, need to back it up with a win next week and on QBD

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:46 pm

think positive wrote:
"Finals are gone"

Really? That's what you got from yesterday? We play two magnificent gutsy games out of 10 and that's what you get when we loose to a top 8 side, after being in front for 99% of the game, two down at half time, three down at three quarter time, and then four within minutes, another player hobbling out there, not one rotation in the last quarter, and yet still they fought to the end. Finals were already a pipe dream, or at least advancing in them was. Last week showed us what we can do next year, yesterday showed us that this team is finally A TEAM.

Yeah we had some bloody awful clangers, but yet we still almost got home. Those brave forwards out there didn't quit, Faz tried to come back on but couldn't pass the medical. The dogs had cracks at Adams for the entire time he was out there, and yet at half time he got out there on crutches, to cheer his team mates.

Sometimes when your in a game that you just can't win, you get something more important than four points.

Yesterday the majority of the supporters obviously saw that too. At the final siren we were for the most part still there, clapping our players brave efforts.

"As for Cloke should have played" for who?who didn't deserve to be out there after last week?

Yes he will get to play this week, and let's hope he dominates, kicks 10 straight. But don't you be bagging my boys for yesterday. No, we can't salvage the season, but I don't really believe that was going to happen. The team is too green, too young, and now, too hurt. But what we did do was salvage next season, give hope, cement teamship. If we play every game with that heart for the rest of the season, the. Look out next year. Once the quality comes through with the confidence, in each other and themselves. Then we take back what is rightfully ours.

My team is the greatest $£$%^%%$ team in the world, I feel that today, and I'm proud of my boys.

It's over? It already was. But that doesn't mean you quit. You never quit. You just get better.

Need an emoticon with clapping hands for that. Well said, TP. Idea

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:17 pm

looks like we will have some big outs.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:07 pm

derkd wrote:
looks like we will hav0e some big outs.

Massive Outs and our 2 best Forwards are out

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:17 pm

derkd wrote:
looks like we will have some big outs.

Ah F*ck me F*cking dead!
When was the last time we lost four players during a game in those circumstances?!

As many have said, the effort was there for four quarters, but the soldiers were wounded. Too many turnovers again, but these can be excused.
Critical but gettable shots on goal missed in 2nd qtr by Moore, Pendles and Fasolo, all of which would have provided some scoreboard distance, and perhaps enough to keep Bullflogs at bay by the final siren.

These are the four-quarter buy-ins I demand from all selected players.
If we lose, too bad, but the effort MUST be there, as it was on sunday.

Pre-season, if somebody suggested that Smith and Crocker would be locks in the starting 22 by the half-way mark due to another injury plague, you'd have laughed your keyboard off.

Wouldn't worry about missing the finals; as things stands, Sydney should cream WCE in the GF. As longs as those pox Whorkes don't make it...

And the whistle-maggots: feel free to throw yourselves under the nearest moving vehicle, along with those turds who umpired last week's game against Geelong. You all get worse with each passing round.

Bring on Chad, Ollie and Charlie next week.

ps. Nathan, i'd bring Trav back in too - you ain't out of the woods yet pal...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:28 am

I noticed at least Twice yesterday that we where Running into Open Goal but the Bloody Ball took a Right Turn to a Dogs Player.

Shows how bad our luck was Yesterday

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:49 am

Gutted to lose considering we had control of the match, but I couldn't be more prouder of the boys to fight it out until the end despite having no rotations for most of the last quarter. I went up to the race in the end and clapped the players off for a gallant effort despite the loss.

We missed crucial opportunities in the second quarter that let the Dogs off the hook and would have us given us a far greater chance to win in the end, but ultimately I sensed we were going to lose after Fasolo hurt his shoulder and were down to one rotation despite having a 15 point lead at the time.

A lot to like from our guys in terms of endeavour and moving the ball quickly, but our inability to hit simple targets is still a recurring problem. The game was very defensively-oriented so the defence for the most part was outstanding until the end when they were inevitably tired.

Very upbeat despite the loss because we produced a better performance than we had for most of the first seven rounds of the season. I just hope these latest injuries don't upset the balance of the squad because we've finally looked settled in the last few weeks after having already used so many players on our list in this part of the season.

Finals will be a tough proposition for us, but if we are to make it despite our slow start to the year, we have to beat Port next Sunday or else it's going to be very unlikely otherwise.

Even if we don't make it, if we replicate performances from the last three weeks until the end of the season I will be happy with how we're progressing heading into 2017.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:25 am

I'm rewatching the second quarter. The kicking for goal and general kicking into the forward line was inept. For example, Fasolo (twice - once missing a kick to an unmarked Sidebottom, once missing a shot running in) and Moore (free kick 15 yards out on a slight angle) failed to capitalise on dominance in general play. If the team was efficient going forward, it would have had 10 goals at half time. So many targets missed, so many lost opportunities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: