Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
So we lost to the indoor speciallists at the MCG and everyone wants to be proud of the loss?

This is a side that has had some shocking losses, our only wins are against the 3 worst sides in the league and a lucky win against Geelong that after today no longer looks like a great win.

Freo have probably pencilled in Collingwood for their first win of the year

Sounds like you 'saw' the game with backwards Madonna, on the radio.

No one who watched that game could come up with this shit.

Lucky against geeeeelong? Utter bullshit. Pure heart and soul. Four men down, hell with three down we were still holding on.

We missed a couple of gimmes yes, but hey even the captain had a couple of god awful clangers, , but so did the opposition. Injuries lost it. End of story, we ran out of legs, but we DID NOT run out of heart.

5 min left and the played scared, they know as well as we do they were damn lucky.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:18 pm

matrix10 wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Some thoughts on players' efforts:

Jordy De Goey - fumbly, bad choices, looks tired, and needs a spell.
Fas - 20m out on your left..just bang it through mate. What's with right-foot banana crap. You have a left foot I hope? Geez we are lacking some class in the forward line. There's a Daicos coming through next yr..we can only hope.
Brody - liked what you have brought the last few weeks, although seem to suffer from ruckman-brain-fade disease. Tempted to have another look at Witts, as he had a good game in the 2's last week.
Maynard - you have similar gait to Stuart Dew. You have a powerful leg. Get a tape and watch how he used his left hand to guide the ball onto his boot and time his kicks. At the moment kicking is very wobbly. Make it a weapon.
Oxley - pretty poor again. Needs a lot more development. I guess we don't have anything better in the 2's at the moment.
Jesse White - 45m out...we needed that goal. You didn't make the distance. What to say? Outside of this, was good.
Treloar - 55m goal on the run. Yessss!!!! Boy have we missed this type of player. Will be a beauty for us.
Pendles - couple of bad errors. Forgive and forget.
Sidey - our most important player. Was a steal at pick 11 (pun intended).
Howe, Reid and Frost were great.
Coxy had some important touches. Gets involved. 1 more preseason working on agility and power, and he/we will be an unstoppable force.
Crocker - tracking nicely, lots to like.

Overall, gutsy performance today. We had the game on our terms until injuries hit. In truth, we should have been 5 goals up if we had some class in the forward half, and nailed our chances. Finals are gone I'm afraid, but at least we can go to the footy and be proud of this team.

agreed 100%

Also- huge effort by Levi to quell Bont.

Massive effort by the boys today- shame they couldn't get over the line- and bugger those injuries.

Doggy's are weasely buggers- throws, ducking, slipping out back for cheap kicks- not to mention umpires having different HTB interpretation for them.

A little sad, but very proud.

Go pies

Glad it wasn't just me saying this

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Quote:
9. Unlucky Pies

Seemed to be the winner for three quarters, but with injuries killing them, ran out of impetus in the final quarter. The Pies didn’t have a rotation, while the Bulldogs had 16 during a period of the final 30 minutes. Tough to win in that situation. Problem was, the Pies didn’t kick enough goals when they had control of the game. Macrae, Daniel, Hunter, Biggs, Libba and Wood were fresher at the end and Pies will rue one which got away. It was 5.3 to 1.3 in the final term.

Slobbo could not help himself

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-10-2016/news-story/6dba658c146ee48722b09c53b3ddfd2d

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 am

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
So we lost to the indoor speciallists at the MCG and everyone wants to be proud of the loss?

This is a side that has had some shocking losses, our only wins are against the 3 worst sides in the league and a lucky win against Geelong that after today no longer looks like a great win.

Lucky against geeeeelong? Utter bullshit. Pure heart and soul. Four men down, hell with three down we were still holding on.

We missed a couple of gimmes yes, but hey even the captain had a couple of god awful clangers, , but so did the opposition. Injuries lost it. End of story, we ran out of legs, but we DID NOT run out of heart.

5 min left and the played scared, they know as well as we do they were damn lucky.

Shit kicking is bad football, not bad luck

Oh it was unlucky, even the captain missed? Umm, you make it sound like that's unusual, not the most reliable shot at goal.

But its funny, everyone is happy with the loss it seems and excusing shit football, yet when some players miss a shot at goal all hell breaks lose and he gets the sole blame for any loss...

Good to know that without the whipping boy in the side everyone can enjoy a loss! Cos the way this season is going there will be plenty more enjoyable losses to come! Remember, we don't play Essendon again!
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:34 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
9. Unlucky Pies

Seemed to be the winner for three quarters, but with injuries killing them, ran out of impetus in the final quarter. The Pies didn’t have a rotation, while the Bulldogs had 16 during a period of the final 30 minutes. Tough to win in that situation. Problem was, the Pies didn’t kick enough goals when they had control of the game. Macrae, Daniel, Hunter, Biggs, Libba and Wood were fresher at the end and Pies will rue one which got away. It was 5.3 to 1.3 in the final term.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-10-2016/news-story/6dba658c146ee48722b09c53b3ddfd2d

What's the problem? Told it like it is? What is the objection?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:52 am

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Shit kicking is bad football, not bad luck

Oh it was unlucky, even the captain missed? Umm, you make it sound like that's unusual, not the most reliable shot at goal.

But its funny, everyone is happy with the loss it seems and excusing shit football, yet when some players miss a shot at goal all hell breaks lose and he gets the sole blame for any loss...

Good to know that without the whipping boy in the side everyone can enjoy a loss! Cos the way this season is going there will be plenty more enjoyable losses to come! Remember, we don't play Essendon again!

Actually I was referring to Pendles stuff ups in the middle,

And rpt hat happens when the team is knackered

Misses on goal? Gees we are still more accurate than we have been in a long time!

As I said earlier iron out the yips and we are top four

But only a keyboard hero would take a shot at the team that walked off after that game today, they gave it their all,
Have u ever done that?

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:19 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
9. Unlucky Pies

What did he say here that is so objectionable? He's a reporter and he has to report. He also happens to be right on this occasion, as hard as it is to admit it. Surprised

In the plus column, at least he didn't say that we missed "up to 11" shots on goal... Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:32 am

doriswilgus wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Wow that makes depressing reading.I feel like giving up after reading that.

sad sackers love losses, even when we are four guys down and no rotations, they salivate over defeats, get their rocks off over losses, why they don't barrack for some other team is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

The team gets a tick for yesterday but finals are gone now, another 4 best 22 players on the side lines, our luck stinks.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:34 am

Those mugs only beat us cause we played like dogs in the second half.
Didnt kick enough enough f-ing goals in the first half.
Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then
Go Pies & Cloke must be coming back. Jessie who?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am

"Finals are gone"

Really? That's what you got from yesterday? We play two magnificent gutsy games out of 10 and that's what you get when we loose to a top 8 side, after being in front for 99% of the game, two down at half time, three down at three quarter time, and then four within minutes, another player hobbling out there, not one rotation in the last quarter, and yet still they fought to the end. Finals were already a pipe dream, or at least advancing in them was. Last week showed us what we can do next year, yesterday showed us that this team is finally A TEAM.

Yeah we had some bloody awful clangers, but yet we still almost got home. Those brave forwards out there didn't quit, Faz tried to come back on but couldn't pass the medical. The dogs had cracks at Adams for the entire time he was out there, and yet at half time he got out there on crutches, to cheer his team mates.

Sometimes when your in a game that you just can't win, you get something more important than four points.

Yesterday the majority of the supporters obviously saw that too. At the final siren we were for the most part still there, clapping our players brave efforts.

"As for Cloke should have played" for who?who didn't deserve to be out there after last week?

Yes he will get to play this week, and let's hope he dominates, kicks 10 straight. But don't you be bagging my boys for yesterday. No, we can't salvage the season, but I don't really believe that was going to happen. The team is too green, too young, and now, too hurt. But what we did do was salvage next season, give hope, cement teamship. If we play every game with that heart for the rest of the season, the. Look out next year. Once the quality comes through with the confidence, in each other and themselves. Then we take back what is rightfully ours.

My team is the greatest $£$%^%%$ team in the world, I feel that today, and I'm proud of my boys.

It's over? It already was. But that doesn't mean you quit. You never quit. You just get better.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 am

bally12 wrote:

Fas - 20m out on your left..just bang it through mate. What's with right-foot banana crap. You have a left foot I hope? Geez we are lacking some class in the forward line. There's a Daicos coming through next yr..we can only hope.
Brody - liked what you have brought the last few weeks, although seem to suffer from ruckman-brain-fade disease. Tempted to have another look at Witts, as he had a good game in the 2's last week.
Maynard - you have similar gait to Stuart Dew. You have a powerful leg. Get a tape and watch how he used his left hand to guide the ball onto his boot and time his kicks. At the moment kicking is very wobbly. Make it a weapon.
Oxley - pretty poor again. Needs a lot more development. I guess we don't have anything better in the 2's at the moment.
Jesse White - 45m out...we needed that goal. You didn't make the distance. What to say? Outside of this, was good.
Treloar - 55m goal on the run. Yessss!!!! Boy have we missed this type of player. Will be a beauty for us.
Coxy had some important touches. Gets involved. 1 more preseason working on agility and power, and he/we will be an unstoppable force.

Overall, gutsy performance today. We had the game on our terms until injuries hit. In truth, we should have been 5 goals up if we had some class in the forward half, and nailed our chances. Finals are gone I'm afraid, but at least we can go to the footy and be proud of this team.

This is the issue with JDG
All this year he has fumbled time and time again.
WTF he is a pick 5 for god sake.
Blair fumbles but he was a rookie so that is an excuse.
Look at Sidebottom where he never fumbles as he always has clean hands.
In a game like Sunday when it is fought in the trenches a fumble can cost you big time.
I still think his kicking is below par.
And one other point... at one point he lined up a Dogs player from behind with a tackle, it was a gift tackle to JDG as the Dogs player had to wait for the handball. Instead of pinging his arms back be just got him around the waist. and the Dogs player managed to get the handball off.
The Dogs scored a goal from that set.
Small stuff I know but bloody important.
JDG is still young but there is some major issues there.

maurs64 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:58 am

So does anyone know how Toovey was concussed? It seemed to happen way off the ball, unless it was a very delayed reaction.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 am

Mum and Dad came over to watch the game and we had a great bbq lunch.

Was really strange with mum calling out for Moore..... & Cox, just didn't souund rite.

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:20 am

thompsoc wrote:
bally12 wrote:

This is the issue with JDG
All this year he has fumbled time and time again.
WTF he is a pick 5 for god sake.
Blair fumbles but he was a rookie so that is an excuse.
Look at Sidebottom where he never fumbles as he always has clean hands.
In a game like Sunday when it is fought in the trenches a fumble can cost you big time.
I still think his kicking is below par.
And one other point... at one point he lined up a Dogs player from behind with a tackle, it was a gift tackle to JDG as the Dogs player had to wait for the handball. Instead of pinging his arms back be just got him around the waist. and the Dogs player managed to get the handball off.
The Dogs scored a goal from that set.
Small stuff I know but bloody important.
JDG is still young but there is some major issues there.

Is it frustrating that at times he fumbles? Yes it is.

However, De Goey is a 2nd year player, was Beams better that JDG after a year of football? Let's calm down, the kid will be a star.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: