Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
From Foxsports:

"Forget the 11.8 (74) to 7.11 (53) scoreboard, the telling statistic was rotations — Collingwood restricted to just 57 of a possible 90 and 29 shy of the Dogs"

No wonder why we ran out of legs.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Maynard 113 AFL Fantasy points and 0.0 Player Ranking Points!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Had to be proud of the effort, but injuries killed our chance of victory. Still there was a lot to like. Our defence were terrific until our midfield ran out of legs and the Dogs were able to swarm our defensive stocks. Howe, in particular, has been a terrific pick up for us.

Sure, Cox had a bit of a stinker, but that was probably to be expected, given his stage of development. Crocker and Smith are both goers. Reckon if we'd been a bit more accurate in the first 3 quarters we could possibly have held on, but that was not to be.

If we'd simply lost the game, I would have said our season is not done yet, with several winnable games to come. However, given the injuries to Moore, Fasolo, Toovey and Adams, this may make it difficult to beat anybody.

Finally, at least no-one can blame today's loss on Bucks, as he clearly has the players playing a brave and courageous game. Like Bucks, I'm pissed off at the result today, but proud and impressed by our efforts.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Blah Bullfrogs.
Give us a last quarter with Moore, Fasolo, Toovey, Adams, (Elliott & Swan)and we would wipe the floor with them.
This is the last time they will beat us for a few years.
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:42 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Any love for Jesse White going?

Thought his first half was quiet, but after half time he played a great game. Loving his physicality & play on instincts now.

Cloke will be gifted a return next week with all the injuries.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm not sure why all the doomsayer posters are here again saying we can't make finals. We were never going to make finals after our terrible start and really didn't deserve to. What we should be talking about, and thank goodness a lot of people can see this, is Collingwood's great effort today. Terribly undermanned, we kept at it and were not blown away. The young blokes are getting valuable time and games under their belts and they are playing with real aggression, passion and ability. I like the look of what's happening.

In any case, making finals was always a 50-50 in my book. I didn't think we'd be far off the mark and I reckon that might still be the case. It's all about finishing the season well and getting as many games as possible into Moore, DeGoey, Smith, Phillips, Cox and Maynard. Getting Sharenberg, Swanny and Ramsay back on the park won't hurt us either.

2017 and the next couple will see us in precisely the right position, provided Bucks's injury curse is put to rest.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Ev5Magpies wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Any love for Jesse White going?

Thought his first half was quiet, but after half time he played a great game. Loving his physicality & play on instincts now.

Cloke will be gifted a return next week with all the injuries.

I wondered because he's one of my main whipping boys

Today he looked confident in the second half, and showed real instinct

Was proud of his efforts today

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:47 pm

^ If Cloke does get a call up next week i pray that he doesn't shank it. He could unravel all we've been building with just one horrible shank. I'm worried!

MONCO: Your life.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm sorry but I don't get why most of you all are 'proud' and 'happy' with that prformance today. I thought we were terrible. Our skills were rubbish and we took every opportunity to turn the ball over going forward. This team is really hard to watch sometimes because they like to make it as difficult as possible for themselves.

We handball ourselves into a frenzy and cough it up far too often. Long kicks in hope falling in the arms of dog opponents and missing easy targets on the run. Yeah sure injuries didn't help but we didn't help ourselves either. That was hard to take especially after all the hard work from the previous 2 weeks. Expect a heap of changes for next week.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Cam wrote:
We won the game but lost on the scoreboard.

This is so true. If not for the 4 players on the bench the game was ours.

Exactly. Could not be prouder of the boys today.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:55 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't get why most of you all are 'proud' and 'happy' with that prformance today. I thought we were terrible. Our skills were rubbish and we took every opportunity to turn the ball over going forward. This team is really hard to watch sometimes because they like to make it as difficult as possible for themselves.

We handball ourselves into a frenzy and cough it up far too often. Long kicks in hope falling in the arms of dog opponents and missing easy targets on the run. Yeah sure injuries didn't help but we didn't help ourselves either. That was hard to take especially after all the hard work from the previous 2 weeks. Expect a heap of changes for next week.

You are right, we did make a lot of mistakes, but I am willing to let that slide as long as the team structure and style of play is strong and resilient which it now appears to be. Mistakes will slowly become less and less as experience and confidence grows which will come from a strong structure, game plan and results. I think the team will take a lot of confidence from this loss. I can see the forest for the trees here.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Disappointing to lose a game we controlled for three quarters, but can't put this one on the players, being 4 and then 5 men down made a win almost impossible.

The big positive from this game is that we again won the midfield battle and defended well (Howe and Reid in particular were excellent).

The other takeaway is that, as expected, Cox is virtually useless against a good team defense. He doesn't clunk tough marks and also struggles to hold anything up the ground on the long lead.

We badly need Cloke playing to be a serious team. Unfortunately it looks as if his return will be too late for any finals chance.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Anyone who is using the injuries/lack of interchange didn’t watch the 2nd quarter of the game against the Saints when they also had no bench.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Although the effort was great I was really critical of our 2nd qtr. Basically that is what cost us. We had most of the play and only kicked 1.6

Howe may well be the answer to our transition probls from D50 and Crocker is going to be a player.

Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 pm

slangman wrote:
Anyone who is using the injuries/lack of interchange didn’t watch the 2nd quarter of the game against the Saints when they also had no bench.

That was a long time ago in footy terms. We were witches hats back then, the bulldogs were not witches hats today and did not make it easy for us like we did for the saints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: