Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Bulldogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
Howe was the biggest positive for me today. Confident, uses the ball well and judges it terrifically in flight.

A big reason for our resurgence has been the reconstructed backline structure of Reid, Howe, Frost. That is the heart of a September backline, there. All three were magnificent today.

Yep they were awesome
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:59 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Why do we keep having injuries? Good effort and obviously things are slowly changing for the better, but regardless a loss is a loss anyway you look at it. But no cigar...

Adams was a hammy on a cold day, happens.

Moore, Fasolo impact injuries, nothing to do with training, bad luck.

Dunno what happened to Toovey.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Our season is definitely over, we can't win 9 of our last 12 games regardless of who we play, so let's not pretend our finals hopes are seriously alive. But, so what, who gives a shit! For me I just wanted us to start playing the game properly and we have been doing that the past 3 weeks. Keep practicing at this nice balance of defense and attack and get ready to explode in 2017. Keep playing like this and get better at it. Everyone use 2016 to grow and develop, don't waste it, use it. We will win many more games this season but top 8 is a pipe dream. I am looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time under Bux's leadership. The full time zone crap is gone, we are sticking closer to our opponents and we are pushing back more often and timing our runs better.....we are learning. Go Pies!!

MONCO: Your life.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

Missed a lot of gettable shots, but with 4 men down it was always going to be tough....

Gotta win next week against Port, absolutely gotta win

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Buckley is simply cursed, just when we look good we get hit with injuries.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:02 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Why do we keep having injuries? Good effort and obviously things are slowly changing for the better, but regardless a loss is a loss anyway you look at it. But no cigar...

Thought you'd be back today, Jack. You were quiet last week.

And in one sense,yes, " a loss is a loss, any way you look at it". Of course. But some losses are like the loss to Carlton - weak, clueless and caused by factors within your control. Others are tough, hard-fought and caused by things you cannot control. Today was the latter. Not that I expect you see that, because it would require you to say something positive about Collingwood, when you can lift your eyes from the Hawks.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Our season is definitely over, we can't win 9 of our last 12 games regardless of who we play, so let's not pretend our finals hopes are seriously alive. But, so what, who gives a shit! For me I just wanted us to start playing the game properly and we have been doing that the past 3 weeks. Keep practicing at this nice balance of defense and attack and get ready to explode in 2017. Keep playing like this and get better at it. Everyone use 2016 to grow and develop, don't waste it, use it. We will win many more games this season but top 8 is a pipe dream. I am looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time under Bux's leadership. The full time zone crap is gone, we are sticking closer to our opponents and we are pushing back more often and timing our runs better.....we are learning. Go Pies!!

Totally agree

Finals are gone

Especially with a difficult end to the season

THIS style and effort will carry us forward...

Season well and truly over for finals, but the future isn't dead like it looked a few weeks ago. I just feel so, so, SO sick...

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Seriously, F**K football. We work our butts off, do everything right from HB to I50, and a few misses and 4 injuries in one game destroys everything. It's just a Sh!t feeling.

Yep, fckn footy gods are simply pricks sometimes. Mad
Flashman 

Injuries cruelled us and a lack of composure kicking into forward 50 exacerbated our problems. The form of Oxley and Varcoe is a concern though Varcoe looks to be underdone and will come good. Losing Toovey hurt and Adams is a massive blow. He's becoming a very good footballer Taylor.

The effort was first rate, our pressure fantastic till we ran out of legs late and our structures held up really well under some pretty intense pressure from the Doggies.

All in all a good display and night and day compared to our previous losses. You couldn't and shouldn't be unhappy with the boys.

Last edited by Flashman on Sun May 29, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Invigoration 

Monco Matt wrote:

We've got Port, Melbourne, Freo and Carlton in the next 5 weeks (bye included). All undeniably winnable. Puts us at 8 and 6 and on the fringe/in the 8.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
4 game ending injuries cost us the game for sure, no doubt about that. Was impressed with our effort all game and we would gave won that game with a fit side . Thought we didn't get much from Varcoe & Oxley, maybe Varcoe is still not 100% fit yet but Oxley is just simply useless, I do not know why he gets a game and what his role is.

I wish we had a ruckman who could take marks from kick ins and at center wing contests. Grundy and Cox just don't seem to be able to take a clunk. Witts can't do it either. I hope one of them learns how to do it soon though, it would really help us setup more forward thrusts if we can get our ruckman to win more contests.

Overall, just a shit luck game, we were more than a match for them and I am taking that as a win even though it doesn't come with 4 points. We are finally playing the game the way is should be played. Go Pies!!

I was going to post what you said MM. I am very proud of the boys effort today ,but we had 5 players down because as you said,Oxley is simply useless.I use your words because mine would be deleted. I was very ,very disappointed with the amount of times that we,not only coughed up the ball going forward,Sidey coughed it up 4 times in a row in the first Qtr,as did Grundy,who kept doing all day,but the inordinate amount of times we Kicked it INTO an opposition player when we were seemingly in the clear.I reckon there were at least 30 occasions we did it.BUT,without these injuries we would have thumped them.No team can lose 4 players,2 backmen and 2 KP forwards and win a tough game like that. Oxleys "Spoil"?? on Ben Reid in the last Qtr was the beginning of the end unfortunately.We'll have some big in's next week and carry on regardless.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Culprit wrote:
Buckley is simply cursed, just when we look good we get hit with injuries.

BUCKS cant take a trick with injuries, it has basically ruined our past three seasons, chronic ones and long term ones. Now another season gets blighted by them, we seem to be just cursed with never ending injury woes, seemingly never ends. Sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Haff wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Woods wrote:
Regardless of injuries and lack of rotations we lost by missing easily gettable goals when the few opportunities to do so presented.

The long and glorious march to September continues.

All teams do that, but if you play 4 good quarters you still win. What killed us in the end was the last 10 mins of the third, and the lack of a last quarter. If we'd had our full side on the park, I think we'd have won.

The worm on the afl app tells the story. Our three boys go down half way into the third and boom, they get on top. Adams has been great off half back. His kicking had improved out of sight.

I can't see us making finals from here. Finish 9-10, pay a little overs for Trealor and hit the ground running for 2017.

Would have played out as an entirely different game if the Pies were holding a three goal advantage when Adams went down.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:07 pm

^ It ain't over til it's over. 9 of our last 12 is feasible if we can keep this commitment level. There is a great team inside this block of marble - perhaps not as good as GWS, but otherwise as good as anything building.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Ah well, 2016 is officially dead.

Can't fault the effort. Down to no one on the bench so it's no surprise we ran out of legs. That said our form for the first 3 quarters wasn't exactly great Forward line struggled all day and Bullfrogs kept getting easy clearances out of our F50.

Will be curious to see whether Bucks did in fact overrule the medical staff and insist Fas try to come back on in the last.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: