Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just purely as a matter of interest.............

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I aged about 100 years in the last 5 mins of the 2010 drawn GF.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Do you mind if I tell other people.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
My mum, born and bred in Langridge St Collingwood, is 85 and has been a one-eyed Pies supporter all her life.

And put up with my crap for about 10 of those years, week in, week out. Surprised

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:00 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I aged about 100 years in the last 5 mins of the 2010 drawn GF.

I was too busy curled up in the foetal position on the loungeroom floor shaking, to count the number of my hairs turning grey at speed...
let alone the nausea and dry-retching...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:35 pm

My late Rottweiler (Little Sav) was 16, making him 120 years old in human years, now, where's my prize?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 pm

69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
Hey guys, a bit embarrassing! Just to clear the air. I was born 06.10am on Saturday 5th October 1946 and wrapped in a black and white swaddling cloth at birth. Later that day Essedon defeated Melbourne for the Premiership. First game attended was Round 10 1950 v Saints at Vic Park. Got lost, carried around the boundaryline on a copper's shoulders and returned to mum and dad. Dad kept hiding from the copper. No claim to fame on my part just a born and bred life long magpie.

Well done mate. I was born in the same year as you but knew nothing of AFL till 1956. In '57, we ran 5th. (top 4 played finals) and '58 is forever etched in my heart.

I listened to that Granny in our family's FJ Holden sedan. My 2 elder brothers were in the front seat and young Donny was in the back. At 3 quarter time, we were leading 81-48 but my oldest big bro says, "Well, that's it for Collingwood. Melbourne will trounce them in the last quarter"

The Pies kicked 1 behind in that last quarter but the Dees could only manage 2.4 We won by 18 points and crushed Melbourne's hopes of matching our 4 in succession. Bearing in mind that they also won in '59 & '60, We stopped a possible 6 in a row. That day, I learned the meaning of 'Winners are grinners .. etc' Smile

My Mum was a pies' fan till she passed in 2008 (102 & 9 months) but started following them when I did, in '56.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:30 am

Donny wrote:
69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
Hey guys, a bit embarrassing! Just to clear the air. I was born 06.10am on Saturday 5th October 1946 and wrapped in a black and white swaddling cloth at birth. Later that day Essedon defeated Melbourne for the Premiership. First game attended was Round 10 1950 v Saints at Vic Park. Got lost, carried around the boundaryline on a copper's shoulders and returned to mum and dad. Dad kept hiding from the copper. No claim to fame on my part just a born and bred life long magpie.

Well done mate. I was born in the same year as you but knew nothing of AFL till 1956. In '57, we ran 5th. (top 4 played finals) and '58 is forever etched in my heart.

I listened to that Granny in our family's FJ Holden sedan. My 2 elder brothers were in the front seat and young Donny was in the back. At 3 quarter time, we were leading 81-48 but my oldest big bro says, "Well, that's it for Collingwood. Melbourne will trounce them in the last quarter"

The Pies kicked 1 behind in that last quarter but the Dees could only manage 2.4 We won by 18 points and crushed Melbourne's hopes of matching our 4 in succession. Bearing in mind that they also won in '59 & '60, We stopped a possible 6 in a row. That day, I learned the meaning of 'Winners are grinners .. etc' Smile

My Mum was a pies' fan till she passed in 2008 (102 & 9 months) but started following them when I did, in '56.

Loved your post Donny, especially the bit where your older brothers were wrong!! Winners are indeed grinners..... Laughing Smile

You are dead set right, we stopped the Dees from winning 6 in a row that would have been a record (almost) impossible to beat.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Well I think we have a winner
He is to humble to tell everyone but I will tell the story for you all
Young Dyso was the original magpie
He traveled to Australia in 1770 as a guest of commonwealth along with captain cook. He was wearing the now famed black n white (the stripes were running different directions but still was black n white)
After he spent some years in the building and rock crushing fields he was granted parole umm I mean freedom umm sorry I meant sent on his way with the best wishes of governor Phillip.
He then lobbed in Collingwood after stowing away aboard a vessel containing rum & females of liberal beliefs.
After stumbling from door stoop to door stoop he found a sacred patch of ground. He then envisaged a team of fellow black n white stripers kicking a oval shaped empty rum barrel.
He assembled a squad of 22 felons ummm I mean chaps and started playing kick to kick
As the day progressed a terrible vile smell was noticed by the players. They walked towards the smell only to find a bunch of convicts dressed in blue tops & skirts and pink boa's with lace hankies and handbags strewn across there Lilly white shoulders.
Dyso being the leader challenged the pansies wearing blue to a game.
They strode back to the oval and thus began the contest
It wasn't much of a contest as there was no scoring (other than Dyso and a couple of the ladies who were providing horizontal relaxation) but Dyso's team were declared the winners
That was 236yrs ago and he still stumbles from door stoop to door stoop, frolicking with ladies of horizontal relaxation drinking rum scotch bourbon or anything he can find
Dyso the original Collingwood will be available for autographs, selfies and to sign his latest auto biography "Thailands greatest training drills"
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
My mum, born and bred in Langridge St Collingwood, is 85 and has been a one-eyed Pies supporter all her life.

And put up with my crap for about 10 of those years, week in, week out. Surprised

We all did.... Cool
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well I think we have a winner
He is to humble to tell everyone but I will tell the story for you all
Young Dyso was the original magpie
He traveled to Australia in 1770 as a guest of commonwealth along with captain cook. He was wearing the now famed black n white (the stripes were running different directions but still was black n white)
After he spent some years in the building and rock crushing fields he was granted parole umm I mean freedom umm sorry I meant sent on his way with the best wishes of governor Phillip.
He then lobbed in Collingwood after stowing away aboard a vessel containing rum & females of liberal beliefs.
After stumbling from door stoop to door stoop he found a sacred patch of ground. He then envisaged a team of fellow black n white stripers kicking a oval shaped empty rum barrel.
He assembled a squad of 22 felons ummm I mean chaps and started playing kick to kick
As the day progressed a terrible vile smell was noticed by the players. They walked towards the smell only to find a bunch of convicts dressed in blue tops & skirts and pink boa's with lace hankies and handbags strewn across there Lilly white shoulders.
Dyso being the leader challenged the pansies wearing blue to a game.
They strode back to the oval and thus began the contest
It wasn't much of a contest as there was no scoring (other than Dyso and a couple of the ladies who were providing horizontal relaxation) but Dyso's team were declared the winners
That was 236yrs ago and he still stumbles from door stoop to door stoop, damn with ladies of horizontal relaxation drinking rum scotch bourbon or anything he can find
Dyso the original Collingwood will be available for autographs, selfies and to sign his latest auto biography "Thailands greatest training drills"

Post of the week..... Laughing Razz

LOL Smile Cool

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Pay that - i laughed too. !!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:20 am

I really feel for those who had to sit through the Collywobbles era. It's why my dad is the way he is I think?
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:56 am

next unfortunately!

Last edited by Mossi on Sat May 28, 2016 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:58 am

Presti35 wrote:
I really feel for those who had to sit through the Collywobbles era. It's why my dad is the way he is I think?

It was a tough period but in reality only 3 of those did we have the better team 70, 77, and 79. We were very unlucky with injuries suspensions umpiring etc The other times we were extraordinary to get to the Grand Finals and really showed a lot of the character something the Club can be proud of.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:02 am

Presti35 wrote:

Got here from England in 1970, Peter McKenna came to our school (I was 7) and that was it. Dad got me and my sister tickets for the Carlton grand final, we sat in the middle of their social club. Ugh, I still remember howling. I slept at the ground the next two grand finals, more heart ache. Stopped attending regularly around 1983, sister got us tickets to the whole final series in 1990, still the best day of my life that last one! Attended the 2010 draw for $500 each, me and junior! Then watched the replay at the sports bar downtown Disney LA. Tickets in the ballot to 2011. So I've attended 4 losses, 1 draw, and thankfully, 1 win!

It's why we are all the way we are! Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: