Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just purely as a matter of interest.............

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm
Post subject: Just purely as a matter of interest.............Reply with quote

I was truly amazed to find on another thread a poster who has been a Collingwood Supporter for 69 years and still going strong.

Just purely as a matter of interest, are there any posters here who can beat that record?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beat that, but my family moved to Collingwood around 1860 and there's been 5 generations of Pies supporters since our club was formed in 1892.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Just purely as a matter of interest.............Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
I was truly amazed to find on another thread a poster who has been a Collingwood Supporter for 69 years and still going strong.

Just purely as a matter of interest, are there any posters here who can beat that record?

When did the 69 years begin? From birth? From adulthood? Something in between?

If its from birth then he is one of thousands of senior Pies supporters, and while we should salute them all they don't all deserve their own thread.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm

My mum, born and bred in Langridge St Collingwood, is 85 and has been a one-eyed Pies supporter all her life.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Started following them age 11 (1952) and been to every GF (except 2010 when I watched game in
Africa)
My dad was extremly fortunate and had vivid
memory of 10 premierships starting 1919 which
included famous 4 in a row

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Just purely as a matter of interest.............Reply with quote

Woods wrote:
Lazza wrote:

If its from birth then he is one of thousands of senior Pies supporters, and while we should salute them all they don't all deserve their own thread.

Since when did YOU become a bloody Mod on Nick's?

To most here it IS an interesting thread. Refer to other replies! Rolling Eyes

To each their own mate. Don't be so negative all the time, it's so damn irritating.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
My mum, born and bred in Langridge St Collingwood, is 85 and has been a one-eyed Pies supporter all her life.

Assuming she supported the club in an informed manner aged 10, she is the current clubhouse leader on 75 incredible years of being a magpie. Twisted Evil Cool

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:54 pm

barrybc41 wrote:
Started following them age 11 (1952) and been to every GF (except 2010 when I watched game in
Africa)
My dad was extremly fortunate and had vivid
memory of 10 premierships starting 1919 which
included famous 4 in a row

Wow!! I would have absolutely loved to have seen the mighty 'pies win 4 flags in a row. Cool

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:13 pm

My dear Grandma is 87 and still mad about the Pies. She even has the Monday newspaper after we won the 1958 GF at home in the cupboard.

Her sister who was also one eyed Collingwood passed away last year at the age of 97 and actually witnessed one of the 4peat flags as a little girl (travelling down with her Dad and little brother, who died a fair few years back, to Melbourne from the country to watch).
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Flashman wrote:
My dear Grandma is 87 and still mad about the Pies. She even has the Monday newspaper after we won the 1958 GF at home in the cupboard.

Her sister who was also one eyed Collingwood passed away last year at the age of 97 and actually witnessed one of the 4peat flags as a little girl (travelling down with her Dad and little brother, who died a fair few years back, to Melbourne from the country to watch).

New leader!!!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Lazza wrote:
Woods wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Since when did YOU become a bloody Mod on Nick's?

To most here it IS an interesting thread. Refer to other replies! Rolling Eyes

To each their own mate. Don't be so negative all the time, it's so damn irritating.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Pot, kettle, black (and white)
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Woods wrote:

I'm dark skinned but I won't take offence. Cool

BTW, when have I been negative about Collingwood?

Last edited by Lazza on Thu May 26, 2016 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Hey guys, a bit embarrassing! Just to clear the air. I was born 06.10am on Saturday 5th October 1946 and wrapped in a black and white swaddling cloth at birth. Later that day Essedon defeated Melbourne for the Premiership. First game attended was Round 10 1950 v Saints at Vic Park. Got lost, carried around the boundaryline on a copper's shoulders and returned to mum and dad. Dad kept hiding from the copper. No claim to fame on my part just a born and bred life long magpie.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
[quote="Woods"]Pot, kettle, black (and white)[/quote]

BTW, when I have I been negative about Collingwood?
That is a very original thought.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
Woods wrote:

BTW, when have I been negative about Collingwood?

I was referring to the negative devilish emoticon you used when accusing me of being always negative.

Hell, one group here accuse me of being a Lollipoper, you accuse me of being negative.

I'm neither. I'm realistic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: