Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Quid est veritas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look I hate to tell you guys (actually not really) that said that Bucks can't coach, but...

IF the game-plan has changed or been tweaked then doesn't that prove that he CAN coach?

You do understand the concept of coaching?

In keeping with the thread title:

quod erat demonstrandum

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:29 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
Look I hate to tell you guys (actually not really) that said that Bucks can't coach, but...

IF the game-plan has changed or been tweaked then doesn't that prove that he CAN coach?

quod erat demonstrandum

Well I believe I've got a grasp on he concept of coaching. And yes, the collingwood coaching staff have changed the gameplan and the team appear to be playing a better brand of football. Just as the players are putting more.

But the questions for me remain "can buckley coach well consistently? can Buckley adapt the game plan for the available players on the paddock? Does Buckley have the maturity and the foresight to know when to take control of the playing group?".

After 4 and half seasons I'd say the answer to the above questions is no. Over 4 and a half seasons our team has never reached its full potential. Even in the Malthouse years, when I would scratch my head and say "can we just look to the middle even just once a game", I could never question the fact that Malthouse got the best out of the list almost every year, regardless of suspensions or injuries.

Not only do I question the gameplan Buckley drilled into the playing group from Nov last year, but I question his inability to realise that aspects of the gameplan were screwed until Eddie got on triple M and called a spade a spade.

Elite coaches don't wait till round 7 to identify problems and make considerable changes necessary to get results. We aren't talking about a 1st or 2nd year coach. Its his 5th season. And he clearly wasted a 1/3 of the season smelling the roses and not paying enough attention to detail.

Can you seriously tell me that Malthouse (or Shaw or Matthews or anyone else) would not have been criticised heavily if the club captain came out and publicly said there's been "10%" more attention to detail from everyone at the club since round 7?

What sort of learning culture have the coaches developed at the Holden High Performance Centre over the past 4 and a half years? A culture that's light on attention to the details apparently... Not good enough. Not elite. End of story.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:34 pm

^And yet, in his 5th & 6th season with Collingwood "MM's team" finished 13th & 15th, yet you could never question the fact that MM got the best out of the list...

I hear you, but let's not change the goalposts' because that's how I read your comments. Maybe Bucks can coach, but, he's not elite..., what next? Look he's only won one premiership.....

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:

quod erat demonstrandum

Well I believe I've got a grasp on he concept of coaching. And yes, the collingwood coaching staff have changed the gameplan and the team appear to be playing a better brand of football. Just as the players are putting more.

But the questions for me remain "can buckley coach well consistently? can Buckley adapt the game plan for the available players on the paddock? Does Buckley have the maturity and the foresight to know when to take control of the playing group?".

After 4 and half seasons I'd say the answer to the above questions is no. Over 4 and a half seasons our team has never reached its full potential. Even in the Malthouse years, when I would scratch my head and say "can we just look to the middle even just once a game", I could never question the fact that Malthouse got the best out of the list almost every year, regardless of suspensions or injuries.

Not only do I question the gameplan Buckley drilled into the playing group from Nov last year, but I question his inability to realise that aspects of the gameplan were screwed until Eddie got on triple M and called a spade a spade.

Elite coaches don't wait till round 7 to identify problems and make considerable changes necessary to get results. We aren't talking about a 1st or 2nd year coach. Its his 5th season. And he clearly wasted a 1/3 of the season smelling the roses and not paying enough attention to detail.

Can you seriously tell me that Malthouse (or Shaw or Matthews or anyone else) would not have been criticised heavily if the club captain came out and publicly said there's been "10%" more attention to detail from everyone at the club since round 7?

What sort of learning culture have the coaches developed at the Holden High Performance Centre over the past 4 and a half years? A culture that's light on attention to the details apparently... Not good enough. Not elite. End of story.

Yawn... Is that you MM?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Or even "Dehisce tellus ... quia MM est?"
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:20 pm

My best attempt at Latin - Dilligaf.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:37 pm

King Monkey wrote:
My best attempt at Latin - Dilligaf.

Yep, that's the full extent of my understanding.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Sounds like a load of bilirubin.

Speaking of which .....I went to uni with a guy called bill rubos.....poor fella. Copped it for 5 years and didn't keep contact for some reason.

Not a patch on Dick Trickle ....err pardon the pun. ........Still.

.......yeah.....probably shouldn't post on a Friday.

Wit redacted.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 pm

^^

yeah well I went to high school with a kid named Kevin Smart. he thought
he was Astro Boy, right down to shooting imaginary bullets out his arse.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:27 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Well I believe I've got a grasp on he concept of coaching.

Yeah, we've noticed.

The captain of the club has said, very clearly, that there's been no structural change.

Rather than accept that simple fact, and in order to keep the 'game plan doesn't work and Buckley is an idiot' narrative alive, we have to believe that Pendlebury is lying.

For some unfathomable reason, Pendlebury has decided to be part of a conspiracy to, well, I don't know, embarrass some posters on Nicks?

Maybe it's to protect Buckley, because a coach that changes a gameplan mid-season, with positive results, definitely wants to keep that dirty little deed totally secret.

The alternative is that he's simply telling the truth. An inconvenient truth for some, sure, but the truth none-the-less.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:00 am
Post subject: Quid est veritas Part IIReply with quote

Quote:
In a frank and wide-ranging interview, the Collingwood captain admitted it was broken ribs from the first game of the year that prompted his shift to defence.

"It was also to help the defence out and organise down there, but it didn't work. Once my body was right it was straight back into the midfield. That is my position," he said.

http://theage.com.au/afl/collingwoods-scott-pendlebury-thought-nathan-buckley-was-a-nutter-buckley-thought-pendlebury-was-aloof-20160527-gp5l3c.html

Last edited by John Wren on Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:05 am

Link goes nowhere?
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:21 am

think positive wrote:
Link goes nowhere?

Works for me. Great article.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 am

So, is someone who calls Buckley a "nutter" a troll, or captaincy material? Wink
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:22 pm

think positive wrote:
Link goes nowhere?

Like most stories in the AGE football section. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: