Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Who cares??

When one's "mates"/colleagues refer to one as "the purple headed warrior" in public no less, I think that says a fair bit about one's character.....

Absolutely. I pointed out the meaning of that term to the MMM footy team over Twitter a couple of years ago.

They keep using it, I guess it's appropriate. Razz Laughing

Definitely appropriate!! Very Happy

I'd struggle to think they weren't well across the meaning when they started using it...... Wink

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:
You're making a 'chicken and egg' argument. Three isolated photos don't tell us what the players were instructed to do in any of those games. You can't look at a pic and tell if the plan was poor, or if the implementation by the players was poor.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-revival-came-after-players-put-more-skin-in-the-game-says-captain-scott-pendlebury-20160524-gp2ysr.html

I love this quote from Pendles:

"It is not about Bucks, it is about the players. He gives us the blueprint for how to play but then we have to go out and do it. He can tell us where to stand but he can't tell us how hard to run, he can't push you out there."

And where bucks and coaches were telling people to stand at stoppages from rounds 1 to 7 was below par.

Again, you assume that Bucks was telling them to stand where they were rather than it being about implementation. I can't believe how hell bent you are on this. Like myself, you're completely ignorant of any facts, so it's just opinions. Just not sure why you gravitate to the completely negative view in relation to Buck's coaching as opposed to a more rational view that 22 individual minds might actually err in the implementation. Yes, he can tell them where to stand, but that doesn't guarantee that is where they stand.

There you go again you Jackcass, trying to post pure logic on Nick's.... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I love the selective quoting from the article as well, just choose the bit that accords with an opinion. Completely overlooking the following:

"..nothing hurts more than match day when blokes continually won't do the things that have been asked.."

"That has been the biggest turnaround the last two weeks. Structurally we haven't done anything different it's just that we are working a lot harder for each other on the ground."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-revival-came-after-players-put-more-skin-in-the-game-says-captain-scott-pendlebury-20160524-gp2ysr.html#ixzz49dCRmn37
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

"Pendlebury said that in frank meetings after the Carlton loss in round seven earlier this month the players had urged Buckley and all the coaches and leaders to be tougher on them."

So basically the players said to the leaders and coaches "tell us what to do, coach us more, give us more direction, lead us, be more demanding on us".

"Everyone has gone up 10per cent around the club in work rate, attention to detail"... This is astoushing to me. It took the coaches till round 8 to demand an extra 10% in attention to detail from the players?

An elite coach doesn't wait till round 7 and for the playing group to tell him "hey coach, please coach us more". It was obvious from round 1 he needed to crack the whip. It took the President to publicly call out the gameplan for the Coach to pull his finger out.

And a coach does tell every player where to stand at a stoppage, kick ins and set plays in the game. Its what coaches do from Nov to March every year. They drill their structure into the group.

Its fact the President questioned the gameplan. Its fact that there is video evidence of poor structure at stoppages from round 1 to 7.

And I'm hellbent on it because after a couple of wins all seems forgiven. If we dont make finals its largely due to the coaches and leaders only having 90% attention to detail.

Honestly, how can we claim to be an elite club if you've got the captain saying "we'll a third of the way through the year we realised we just weren't paying enough attention to the details."

How is that acceptable? How has the coach not read the room earlier in the year and made the required changes? Why does it take the playing group to say "hey coach, coach us, we lack direction?".

Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
"Pendlebury said that in frank meetings after the Carlton loss in round seven earlier this month the players had urged Buckley and all the coaches and leaders to be tougher on them."

So basically the players said to the leaders and coaches "tell us what to do, coach us more, give us more direction, lead us, be more demanding on us".

"Everyone has gone up 10per cent around the club in work rate, attention to detail"... This is astoushing to me. It took the coaches till round 8 to demand an extra 10% in attention to detail from the players?

An elite coach doesn't wait till round 7 and for the playing group to tell him "hey coach, please coach us more". It was obvious from round 1 he needed to crack the whip. It took the President to publicly call out the gameplan for the Coach to pull his finger out.

And a coach does tell every player where to stand at a stoppage, kick ins and set plays in the game. Its what coaches do from Nov to March every year. They drill their structure into the group.

Its fact the President questioned the gameplan. Its fact that there is video evidence of poor structure at stoppages from round 1 to 7.

And I'm hellbent on it because after a couple of wins all seems forgiven. If we dont make finals its largely due to the coaches and leaders only having 90% attention to detail.

Honestly, how can we claim to be an elite club if you've got the captain saying "we'll a third of the way through the year we realised we just weren't paying enough attention to the details."

How is that acceptable? How has the coach not read the room earlier in the year and made the required changes? Why does it take the playing group to say "hey coach, coach us, we lack direction?".

So as soon as your view is challenged you find a tangent to zoom off on, it's not about structures now, it's about the delivery of the message. Well you just keep applying what I consider to be your negative interpretations.

As I've said, I don't have any inside knowledge, I definitely don't need to find anyone to blame for our early season form, I definitely don't feel that I'm better equipped than the coaching panel to implement training and planning, I definitely don't believe I'm better at this coaching caper than the people employed by the CFC, so I'll just agree to disagree.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:43 pm

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

So as soon as your view is challenged you find a tangent to zoom off on, it's not about structures now, it's about the delivery of the message. Well you just keep applying what I consider to be your negative interpretations.

As I've said, I don't have any inside knowledge, I definitely don't need to find anyone to blame for our early season form, I definitely don't feel that I'm better equipped than the coaching panel to implement training and planning, I definitely don't believe I'm better at this coaching caper than the people employed by the CFC, so I'll just agree to disagree.

A tangent to zoom off on? Thought I've been pretty consistent all along. My thoughts on why our stoppages were so bad are that the gameplan was poor and players were following direction. Why else would stoppage set ups be so putrid for the first 6 rounds?

If its the players not getting the message then that's also an issue the coaching staff would need to rectify. So either way, its a coaching/tactical issue.

Poor coaching is usually reflected in game plan and the message. I'd say we've had a fair bit of both over the course of the year. But I maintain our structures have changed. I think there is video evidence of it.

And I do feel the need to blame the coaching staff for a woeful start to the year. They failed to change a gameplan that didn't work and failed to provide players adequate direction for the first third of the season.

After 4 seasons at the helm I think thats unforgivable.

I don't claim to be in a position to coach the team better. But I do think there are better coaches available than the ones we currently have. And they are the ones I want at our club. The sooner the better.

It shouldn't take an Eddie tantrum for the coaches to get their act together.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: