Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He has no Idea about Footy.

He only good because he goes with New's Early and Sometimes get it Right

MP magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 pm

punkologist wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Don't know why anybody wastes their time watching any of these footy 'analysis' shows to be honest.

As far as most professional sports/sporting leagues go, we have some of the worst 'analysis' shows I've ever seen, filled with panelists that don't have a clue.

Totally agree, all our footy shows and match day commentary is an embarrassment compared to what they have in other sports overseas.

Our league itself and the associated coverage is a p1ssant on the world stage. 15-20 years behind US content, which is the benchmark.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:12 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
RE: Bucks on 360

I loved what he did two weeks ago and predicted a form turnaround.

Unfortunately what i heard last night leads me to predict another form reversal.

Why doesn't he just give players the credit for wins and blame himself for losses. I thought we had a new Bucks but last night he just reverted to FIGJAM type.

I hope Im wrong.

But he mentioned at 3/4 time he heard some player say its ours to lose, and went on to say how he corrected him and told the group they have to go for the win. That's fine and great. But why does he constantly feel the need to sprout it in the media, he can't help himself.

Sorry guys - he is not yet the coach we need.
Maybe 5 more years it will be kicked out of him once and for all - maybe not !

I really don't bother much know Watching Bucks on 360 as he just says the Samethings Over and Over Again

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Do you mean your name is as most professional sportssporting leagues go we have some of the worst 'analysis' shows he or she've seen filled with panelists that don't have a clue ?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
i don't like barrett but there wasn't too much wrong with what he said.

So cats are not that good Then Shocked

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:46 pm

It's not worth the effort criticising gutter journalists like Barrett, Robbo and Caro unless the need to do so is absolutely essential such as the illicit drugs publication in March from Robbo for example, otherwise we will be complaining about them 24/7 and only giving them further oxygen in the media.

The problem with these types of footy journalists is that they think they're an extension of the game rather than merely being journalists reporting on the game as they see it.

The media was designed to report on factual content and news surrounding any football club rather than creating rumour and innuendo and writing provocative pieces and seemingly being knee-jerk about anything. Even though

I never agreed with Mike Sheehan on everything, at least he some level of journalistic integrity that most journalists these days can only dream of. There are a few exceptions today though such as Gerard Whateley, Glenn McFarlene, Martin Flanagan and Emma Quayle to name a few highly-regarded and respected journalists.

We've all been guilty of falling into the media-driven narrative at times when it comes to our club or any other footy-related news for that matter but I think most people are smart enough not to allow their opinions to be fully dictated by the media.

This isn't just an AFL problem, it's a problem seen in sports all around the world especially in English football (soccer) where the media almost seems to play a role in favouring certain teams over others, favouring certain coaches over others and etc.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:55 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:
Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing.

Well to be fair to Robbo, its an insight I'd like to have too. Injuries, drugs, player confidence, on field leadership, communication etc were all mentioned as reasons for our form. But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Love the fact the coaches decided to give "5%" more instruction on the track and waited 7 rounds to do it. Does this mean Cloke can get leading teams in and belittle the coaches in front of every one, accuse them of "coasting" and only giving 95%?? Maybe bucks was asleep at the wheel or off smelling the roses to worry about rounds 1 to 7.

Bucks clearly doesn't want to admit to Robbo that we've changed the game plan. No more 8 on 5's in close at stoppages inside fwd 50. 8 on 9 is much better odds. The change in stoppage set up led directly to getting a quick kick out of a pack to Moore, free kick and goal. It was clearly a different structure. Its more man on man around the ground too, much more so than the first 7 rounds.

Interesting that Bucks is saying in the after match presser that the change in form is about player effort and says nothing of the structural changes to the gameplan on 360.

Too right

Have a look at these stoppage set ups at throw ins at same area of the ground, Forward pocket

West Coast round 6 (top pic). Melbourne round 4 (middle pic) and Geelong round 8 (bottom pic). Hopefully the picture is clear.

Since the coaches stamped more authority on the playing group and started giving an extra 5% instruction at training the stoppage set ups have tightened up and players to get closer to the fall of the ball.

The stoppage set up was loose in round 4 v Melbourne. Two rounds later vs West Coast its actually worse. Then magically in round 7, 8 and 9 the players all of a sudden decided to stand in a structure that is much closer to the Ruck.

End result - no goals scored from ins 50 stoppage vs Melb or West Coast. Magically there were goals scored from ins 50 stoppage vs Lions and Cats. I wonder why?

I will argue structure is the coaches responsibility. If it ain't working its either because the players are not adhering to the coaching instruction or the structure and gameplan is flawed. If its the players stuffing up, surely the coach spends 5 to 10 mins at training walking the group through the fwd fifty set up until everyone clearly understands the expectation. If they still don't get it then you'd think the coach would start dropping players to vfl cause they are clearly imbeciles if they can't get it (they've been training since november don't forget).

But comsidering we used a 'loose' structure for most of the year, I'd suggest the players were actually adhering to the gameplan as instructed.

Therefore, the stoppage set up design was flawed, and the coaches dragged their feet till at least round 6 or 7 to fix it. By that stage its too late. Top 4 is no where in sight, and it'll be a miracle to get in top 8.

Am I trying to claim responsibility for the change in structure? Nope. But if I can see it was sh!t during the 1st quarter of the Melbourne game and that it needed fixing, what the hell are the coaches doing?

The sense of desperation and urgency after the West Coast and Blues loss needed to be felt after we could't get the ball past half way for most of the match in round 1.

Coaches keeping 5% effort or instruction up their sleeve for 7 rounds is not elite, and simply just not good enough.

Stoppages.jpg

Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:34 am

You're making a 'chicken and egg' argument. Three isolated photos don't tell us what the players were instructed to do in any of those games. You can't look at a pic and tell if the plan was poor, or if the implementation by the players was poor.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:54 am

thompsoc wrote:
1. Wrong
2. Wrong again
Have another try at bagging other Posters.

Why not its a forum? Of course you can bag other posters. Shocked

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:13 am

3rd degree wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
1. Wrong
2. Wrong again
Have another try at bagging other Posters.

Why not its a forum? Of course you can bag other posters. Shocked

fair point

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Redlight wrote:
You're making a 'chicken and egg' argument. Three isolated photos don't tell us what the players were instructed to do in any of those games. You can't look at a pic and tell if the plan was poor, or if the implementation by the players was poor.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-revival-came-after-players-put-more-skin-in-the-game-says-captain-scott-pendlebury-20160524-gp2ysr.html

I love this quote from Pendles:

"It is not about Bucks, it is about the players. He gives us the blueprint for how to play but then we have to go out and do it. He can tell us where to stand but he can't tell us how hard to run, he can't push you out there."

And where bucks and coaches were telling people to stand at stoppages from rounds 1 to 7 was below par.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Ambulance chaser of the highest (or is that lowest) order. I agree with the sentiment about his tone and attitude on FC on Monday. In one way his comments are fair enough.... but it's the way he delivers it. I don't pay any attention to anything he reports to be honest. He is just doing his job I guess... I just choose to ignore his work.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-revival-came-after-players-put-more-skin-in-the-game-says-captain-scott-pendlebury-20160524-gp2ysr.html

"It is not about Bucks, it is about the players. He gives us the blueprint for how to play but then we have to go out and do it. He can tell us where to stand but he can't tell us how hard to run, he can't push you out there."

And where bucks and coaches were telling people to stand at stoppages from rounds 1 to 7 was below par.

Again, you assume that Bucks was telling them to stand where they were rather than it being about implementation. I can't believe how hell bent you are on this. Like myself, you're completely ignorant of any facts, so it's just opinions. Just not sure why you gravitate to the completely negative view in relation to Buck's coaching as opposed to a more rational view that 22 individual minds might actually err in the implementation. Yes, he can tell them where to stand, but that doesn't guarantee that is where they stand.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:19 pm

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:

Again, you assume that Bucks was telling them to stand where they were rather than it being about implementation. I can't believe how hell bent you are on this. Like myself, you're completely ignorant of any facts, so it's just opinions. Just not sure why you gravitate to the completely negative view in relation to Buck's coaching as opposed to a more rational view that 22 individual minds might actually err in the implementation. Yes, he can tell them where to stand, but that doesn't guarantee that is where they stand.

There you go again you Jackcass, trying to post pure logic on Nick's.... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:

There you go again you Jackcass, trying to post pure logic on Nick's.... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I love the selective quoting from the article as well, just choose the bit that accords with an opinion. Completely overlooking the following:

"..nothing hurts more than match day when blokes continually won't do the things that have been asked.."

"That has been the biggest turnaround the last two weeks. Structurally we haven't done anything different it's just that we are working a lot harder for each other on the ground."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-revival-came-after-players-put-more-skin-in-the-game-says-captain-scott-pendlebury-20160524-gp2ysr.html#ixzz49dCRmn37
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: