Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares??

When one's "mates"/colleagues refer to one as "the purple headed warrior" in public no less, I think that says a fair bit about one's character.....

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:27 pm

I always think better our club hated than pitied like squibs such as melbum and the saints.

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:47 pm

i don't like barrett but there wasn't too much wrong with what he said.

tn_sadsacks[1].JPG

Buckley bashers. Idols of a select few.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Journalism used to be a great career, once.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:
Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing.

Well to be fair to Robbo, its an insight I'd like to have too. Injuries, drugs, player confidence, on field leadership, communication etc were all mentioned as reasons for our form. But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Love the fact the coaches decided to give "5%" more instruction on the track and waited 7 rounds to do it. Does this mean Cloke can get leading teams in and belittle the coaches in front of every one, accuse them of "coasting" and only giving 95%?? Maybe bucks was asleep at the wheel or off smelling the roses to worry about rounds 1 to 7.

Bucks clearly doesn't want to admit to Robbo that we've changed the game plan. No more 8 on 5's in close at stoppages inside fwd 50. 8 on 9 is much better odds. The change in stoppage set up led directly to getting a quick kick out of a pack to Moore, free kick and goal. It was clearly a different structure. Its more man on man around the ground too, much more so than the first 7 rounds.

Interesting that Bucks is saying in the after match presser that the change in form is about player effort and says nothing of the structural changes to the gameplan on 360.

And as I've previously stated, appears the same game plan from the NAB cup, better implemented.

If you're so desperately need to have that inside knowledge then I'd suggest a resume at the CFC is the first step.

I suggest a visit to spec savers would be appropriate for you Jackcass.
Of course, only you have the correct view on the game plan.
Must be so boring being completely correct everyday.

“We made a couple of alterations and our midfield became more prolific with their quantities … We were a bit like a chameleon I suppose – you just have to keep changing". Luke Beveridge on Bulldogs changes to their gameplan since losing suckling, murphy and johannison to injury.

Guess its all just about "player effort" at whitten oval and the gameplan doesn't need constant attention, scrutiny or adjustment.

But again, you're assuming that there wouldn't be / hasn't been minor tweaks every week to allow for changing personnel. I've said consistently through the first 9 rounds (much to the amusement of a few) fix the midfield and we'd see a turnaround in form, get some stability and we'll see a turnaround in form, get some of the quality players back into the team and we'd see a turnaround. I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with what you perceive as changes to the game plan. As I say, I think it is essentially the same 1 from preseason, better implemented or more specifically, implemented as intended. Still potentially even more improvement to come as well. Our KPFs aren't delivering as we need, players like Varcoe and De Goey still have huge scope for improvement, players like Cloke, Aish and Williams are yet to push back into the team, we're still carrying a few kids like Maynard and Crocker who likely need to return to the VFL for a few weeks when we have replacements.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Fact is we've had good wins against the worst two teams in the comp, a narrow win against another cellar dweller and then a genuinely amazing victory against Geelong. In 3 wins and 5 disappointing losses (no moral victories in any of those), we've done precisely nothing to convince anyone that we're a top 8 team.

I'm as thrilled by the Geelong win as anyone, and if we can bring that form to the rest of the season we could play finals for sure. But if Barrett doesn't rate us off the back of one great performance out of 9, then I think that's a perfectly sensible position to take.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Who cares??

When one's "mates"/colleagues refer to one as "the purple headed warrior" in public no less, I think that says a fair bit about one's character.....

Absolutely. I pointed out the meaning of that term to the MMM footy team over Twitter a couple of years ago.

They keep using it, I guess it's appropriate. Razz Laughing

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:
Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing.

Well to be fair to Robbo, its an insight I'd like to have too. Injuries, drugs, player confidence, on field leadership, communication etc were all mentioned as reasons for our form. But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Love the fact the coaches decided to give "5%" more instruction on the track and waited 7 rounds to do it. Does this mean Cloke can get leading teams in and belittle the coaches in front of every one, accuse them of "coasting" and only giving 95%?? Maybe bucks was asleep at the wheel or off smelling the roses to worry about rounds 1 to 7.

Bucks clearly doesn't want to admit to Robbo that we've changed the game plan. No more 8 on 5's in close at stoppages inside fwd 50. 8 on 9 is much better odds. The change in stoppage set up led directly to getting a quick kick out of a pack to Moore, free kick and goal. It was clearly a different structure. Its more man on man around the ground too, much more so than the first 7 rounds.

Interesting that Bucks is saying in the after match presser that the change in form is about player effort and says nothing of the structural changes to the gameplan on 360.

Too right

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

And as I've previously stated, appears the same game plan from the NAB cup, better implemented.

If you're so desperately need to have that inside knowledge then I'd suggest a resume at the CFC is the first step.

I suggest a visit to spec savers would be appropriate for you Jackcass.
Of course, only you have the correct view on the game plan.
Must be so boring being completely correct everyday.

“We made a couple of alterations and our midfield became more prolific with their quantities … We were a bit like a chameleon I suppose – you just have to keep changing". Luke Beveridge on Bulldogs changes to their gameplan since losing suckling, murphy and johannison to injury.

Guess its all just about "player effort" at whitten oval and the gameplan doesn't need constant attention, scrutiny or adjustment.

But again, you're assuming that there wouldn't be / hasn't been minor tweaks every week to allow for changing personnel. I've said consistently through the first 9 rounds (much to the amusement of a few) fix the midfield and we'd see a turnaround in form, get some stability and we'll see a turnaround in form, get some of the quality players back into the team and we'd see a turnaround. I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with what you perceive as changes to the game plan. As I say, I think it is essentially the same 1 from preseason, better implemented or more specifically, implemented as intended. Still potentially even more improvement to come as well. Our KPFs aren't delivering as we need, players like Varcoe and De Goey still have huge scope for improvement, players like Cloke, Aish and Williams are yet to push back into the team, we're still carrying a few kids like Maynard and Crocker who likely need to return to the VFL for a few weeks when we have replacements.

I agree with everything you've said here, but I think we have people here on Nicks who cant believe that we beat Geelong on the weekend. The only way they can come to terms to our victory is drawing one of the following conclusions:
1) It was a fluke. We will soon resume losing starting with the Bulldogs game on Sunday, after which they will post, "We told you so", or
2) Buckley scours the social media trying to figure out why we are losing. After reading a few of the posts here, he has figured it all out why we are losing and has changed his game plan to align with some of the views here.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:28 pm

1. Wrong
2. Wrong again
Have another try at bagging other Posters.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks. You sound like my wife. That's what she says all the time.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Yes, I know the issue.
What you wrote was quite witty.
Well done.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I agree with everything you've said here, but I think we have people here on Nicks who cant believe that we beat Geelong on the weekend. The only way they can come to terms to our victory is drawing one of the following conclusions:
1) It was a fluke. We will soon resume losing starting with the Bulldogs game on Sunday, after which they will post, "We told you so", or
2) Buckley scours the social media trying to figure out why we are losing. After reading a few of the posts here, he has figured it all out why we are losing and has changed his game plan to align with some of the views here.

It's true, it seems to be 'Buck's has no idea' or 'He's finally been forced into doing what I said'.

Apparently he's the only one capable of learning anything though. Watch what happens next time we lose. Smile
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Redlight wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

It's true, it seems to be 'Buck's has no idea' or 'He's finally been forced into doing what I said'.

Apparently he's the only one capable of learning anything though. Watch what happens next time we lose. Smile

Yes, there is an old rule in philosophy that a true/false statement is meaningless if there is no way to refute it. The perceptive fellows' arguments are like that - if Bucks wins, it's 'cause he finally did what we said ; and if he loses, well, we were right! Heads, we win, tails Bucks and the "perceptive fellow" lose.

It's a silly game based on ego rather than finding the truth. Jack Spain did it with Malthouse : Malthouse was useless and needed to give way to Buckley until Malthouse started doing what Spain said in 2010, at which point he won a premiership. The same game gets played now.

The pro-Buckley brigade at least acknowledge that the facts will at some point prove them either right or wrong. I can respect the view that Buckley should go when we look to be clueless on the park (though it seems a lot less plausible this week). I can't respect a rigged argument.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm

King Malta wrote:
Don't know why anybody wastes their time watching any of these footy 'analysis' shows to be honest.

As far as most professional sports/sporting leagues go, we have some of the worst 'analysis' shows I've ever seen, filled with panelists that don't have a clue.

Totally agree, all our footy shows and match day commentary is an embarrassment compared to what they have in other sports overseas.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: