Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:41 am
Post subject: Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.Reply with quote

Damien Barrett is worse than Robbo, he does not even disguise his hatred of the Pies. Last week he said we had beaten nobody, and the cats would see us off easily, If we did win hed give us credit. Tonight on Footy classified, he was a nasty nasty piece of shit. Gave us practically NO credit for beating the cats, only begrudgingly after pressure from Hutchy and Lloyd, and again said we had beaten nobody really. He forgets the tigers were favourites to beat us, and the Lions were warm faves too. He truly is a bottom feeder imbecile, he loathes the Pies beyond belief, and forgets that a journos job is to put their own personal views away, and be fair and balanced.

Until he goes off that show, I will not watch FC again, he makes Robbo look like a man of intelligence. Mad Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never really liked Barrett in the first place, I don't really care if he hates Collingwood or not, I've always found him to be a bit of a poor journalist. But he's always allowed his opinion as is the rest of the cast of Footy Classified.

A little credit for the win would be nice, but I guess some journos have their biases against teams sometimes as do fans, so I guess expecting credit for teams winning unexpected games it quite hard.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
E 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:41 am

I watched him on "Access all areas" on the AFL website and he (along with Lloyd) seemed perfectly balanced in his analysis of the pies. Are you sure it is him with the bias for Collingwood? Or could it maybe be that you are the one with the bias against him?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:03 am

When it's all said and done it means Jack shizen. Bucks made it very clear on 360 last night that the outside voices mean nothing to the players and coaches. It's only what's being spoken about inside that matters. Journo's work in hindsight which anyone can do. As Bucks said, two weeks ago we were the worlds worst and now we are flying. Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing. It's really clear that he is still pissed off with him after the drugs story. Even Caro wrote a piece on the weekend about the way Geelong have been so good over the last decade but couldn't resist a swipe at us on the way through about how we haven't. They are all geniuses with 20/20 hindsight.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:27 am

I don't have a problem with journalists expressing a belief or a viewpoint because we do the same thing here. Barrett does it with a touch of cynicism so that's ok with me. With Caro it's a little different. She embellishes her stories attempting to fill the gaps in from the limited information she has from her sources, from her own prejudiced Richmond point of view. In the case of Collingwood I think she has a soft spot for Buckley because of the way Malthouse treated him. Otherwise she just sees Collingwood as the enemy as most Richmond supporters do. And as for Robbo, he's just a total tosser for all the reasons we don't need to repeat from the preseason thread here.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

Damien wrote:
When it's all said and done it means Jack shizen. Bucks made it very clear on 360 last night that the outside voices mean nothing to the players and coaches. It's only what's being spoken about inside that matters. Journo's work in hindsight which anyone can do. As Bucks said, two weeks ago we were the worlds worst and now we are flying. Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing. It's really clear that he is still pissed off with him after the drugs story. Even Caro wrote a piece on the weekend about the way Geelong have been so good over the last decade but couldn't resist a swipe at us on the way through about how we haven't. They are all geniuses with 20/20 hindsight.

Isn't it about time Buckley quit doing 360 or does he have some contractual agreement to have to keep doing the show?
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:34 am

Robb, Caro, Barrett, Hutchy etc are just footy shock jocks.

It's a race to be first and have their thoughts be the theme/story of the media for the week.

Whether they're correct or not comes a distant 2nd. If you share so many extreme opinions your bound to get the odd one correct now and then due to extreme changing nature of the sport.

Mind you, it's hardly extreme not to rate us atm. We have only one good scalp. Hardly enough evidence to claim we are on the upward curve. It could be a dead cat bounce.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 am

No one rated the Pies win. It was all about the Cats having a bad day. Other than the first quarter it was pretty even. Keep talking up the Cats.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Damien wrote:

Isn't it about time Buckley quit doing 360 or does he have some contractual agreement to have to keep doing the show?

Contract or not I'm sure he made a commitment for this season and as we all know he is a man of his word. Once he commits he'll see it through. I love getting to hear from him every Monday night. I've no doubt that it's no distraction to his main task.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:44 am

Don't know why anybody wastes their time watching any of these footy 'analysis' shows to be honest.

As far as most professional sports/sporting leagues go, we have some of the worst 'analysis' shows I've ever seen, filled with panelists that don't have a clue.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 am

King Malta wrote:
Don't know why anybody wastes their time watching any of these footy 'analysis' shows to be honest.

As far as most professional sports/sporting leagues go, we have some of the worst 'analysis' shows I've ever seen, filled with panelists that don't have a clue.

Should replace with some of Nicks best and worst.
Any suggestions?

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:07 am

^^

I'm happy to do it but i want the same money there on.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:55 am

thompsoc wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Should replace with some of Nicks best and worst.
Any suggestions?

I do dabble in sporting podcasts in my spare time, I'm sure I could do a better job Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 am

Let me know when the AFL starts deducting premiership points or percentage because the media doesn't rate a team's win, won't you?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:26 pm

You have to rate FoxFooty... surely?

My side of FoxFooty commentators/panellists...

B - Frawley Lake Parkin

HB - King Jakovich Roos

C - Scott Buckley Ricciuto

HF - Hall Brown Maclure

F - Brereton Dunstall Johnson

Ruck - Lynch Healy Bartlett

I/C - Shaw Mooney Thompson Taylor.

Yes, I'm bored Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: