Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing.

Well to be fair to Robbo, its an insight I'd like to have too. Injuries, drugs, player confidence, on field leadership, communication etc were all mentioned as reasons for our form. But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Love the fact the coaches decided to give "5%" more instruction on the track and waited 7 rounds to do it. Does this mean Cloke can get leading teams in and belittle the coaches in front of every one, accuse them of "coasting" and only giving 95%?? Maybe bucks was asleep at the wheel or off smelling the roses to worry about rounds 1 to 7.

Bucks clearly doesn't want to admit to Robbo that we've changed the game plan. No more 8 on 5's in close at stoppages inside fwd 50. 8 on 9 is much better odds. The change in stoppage set up led directly to getting a quick kick out of a pack to Moore, free kick and goal. It was clearly a different structure. Its more man on man around the ground too, much more so than the first 7 rounds.

Interesting that Bucks is saying in the after match presser that the change in form is about player effort and says nothing of the structural changes to the gameplan on 360.

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Tue May 24, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Skids wrote:
You have to rate FoxFooty... surely?

My side of FoxFooty commentators/panellists...

B - Frawley Lake Parkin

HB - King Jakovich Roos

C - Scott Buckley Ricciuto

HF - Hall Brown Maclure

F - Brereton Dunstall Johnson

Ruck - Lynch Healy Bartlett

I/C - Shaw Mooney Thompson Taylor.

Yes, I'm bored Wink

On the coach is probably the best of the bunch, but Healy is a tosser and lets bias influence his opinions too often IMO, plus Dunstall makes some stupid calls too...I'm not sure if he's still on there though to be honest.

I liked 360 when it was a once or twice a week thing, but I feel now there's too little subject matter for them to cover so often without stretching it a bit thin which I feel they do, plus Robbo is obviously a moron.

Laughing love the dedication there
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:30 pm

E wrote:
I watched him on "Access all areas" on the AFL website and he (along with Lloyd) seemed perfectly balanced in his analysis of the pies. Are you sure it is him with the bias for Collingwood? Or could it maybe be that you are the one with the bias against him?

Hi Damien

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:
Robbo was trying to get an insight into what's happened to bring about the change but Bucks pretty much raised his middle finger to him and said I'm giving you nothing.

Interesting that Bucks is saying in the after match presser that the change in form is about player effort and says nothing of the structural changes to the gameplan on 360.

What a load of garbage. You're saying it's a new game plan, implemented and perfected in a couple of weeks that has 2 wins in a row?

You could tell in the first 5 minutes of the Cats game that the boys were 'on'.
Play with the same intensity and we'll smash the puppies too.

Give up your hate Bucks diatribe, you're only going to get more pie on ya face Wink

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:

... But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Love the fact the coaches decided to give "5%" more instruction on the track and waited 7 rounds to do it. Does this mean Cloke can get leading teams in and belittle the coaches in front of every one, accuse them of "coasting" and only giving 95%?? Maybe bucks was asleep at the wheel or off smelling the roses to worry about rounds 1 to 7.

Why does it have to be 95% to 100%? Could it not be 100% - 105%?

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Caro, Robbo and Barratt are all bottom feeders that do not have the professionalism or integrity to be truly called journalists.

Their bias is clearly evident and they perpetuate the the "us and the them" stereotypes and generalisations associated with our great club.

Who cares what they have to say? They are basically here to sell papers or increase audience counts and the lazy and unimaginative way to do this is to talk about the Pies in a disparaging manner.

If they had any talent or ethics they would report on stores of interest in an investigative, balanced and informative manner. Unfortunately this is well beyond their talent and their intellects.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

Well to be fair to Robbo, its an insight I'd like to have too. Injuries, drugs, player confidence, on field leadership, communication etc were all mentioned as reasons for our form. But last week on 360 bucks said the coaches have turned up their on field instruction at training by "5%". Thats a fair change in coaching method.

Bucks clearly doesn't want to admit to Robbo that we've changed the game plan. No more 8 on 5's in close at stoppages inside fwd 50. 8 on 9 is much better odds. The change in stoppage set up led directly to getting a quick kick out of a pack to Moore, free kick and goal. It was clearly a different structure. Its more man on man around the ground too, much more so than the first 7 rounds.

Yes KM
a change of 5% in the game plan is quite big
Fast footy. better structures etc....
But nothing has changed just the guys going harder!!!
Ya right.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Skids wrote:
You have to rate FoxFooty... surely?

My side of FoxFooty commentators/panellists...

B - Frawley Lake Parkin

HB - King Jakovich Roos

C - Scott Buckley Ricciuto

HF - Hall Brown Maclure

F - Brereton Dunstall Johnson

Ruck - Lynch Healy Bartlett

I/C - Shaw Mooney Thompson Taylor.

Yes, I'm bored Wink

Pretty sad lot really, Parkin the only 1 that is worth listening to and even he's getting a little dated. I'm not sure why the obsession with past players. Understand having 1 maybe 2 bringing some player perspective to the commentary but most aren't too bright. Give me the ABC radio coverage any day.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:58 pm

E wrote:
I watched him on "Access all areas" on the AFL website and he (along with Lloyd) seemed perfectly balanced in his analysis of the pies. Are you sure it is him with the bias for Collingwood? Or could it maybe be that you are the one with the bias against him?

OH for FS, give me a break, he was nasty and snide on FC, my son rang me up and said he was a shocker, I have not experienced anti Collingwood bias from anyone in journalism for a long, long time, he is far worse than even Robbo or Caro. Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

And as I've previously stated, appears the same game plan from the NAB cup, better implemented.

If you so desperately need to have that inside knowledge then I'd suggest a resume at the CFC is the first step.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue May 24, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Damien Barratt, Pie hating moron.Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Damien Barrett is worse than Robbo, he does not even disguise his hatred of the Pies. Last week he said we had beaten nobody, and the cats would see us off easily, If we did win hed give us credit. Tonight on Footy classified, he was a nasty nasty piece of shit. Gave us practically NO credit for beating the cats, only begrudgingly after pressure from Hutchy and Lloyd, and again said we had beaten nobody really. He forgets the tigers were favourites to beat us, and the Lions were warm faves too. He truly is a bottom feeder imbecile, he loathes the Pies beyond belief, and forgets that a journos job is to put their own personal views away, and be fair and balanced.

Until he goes off that show, I will not watch FC again, he makes Robbo look like a man of intelligence. Mad Rolling Eyes

Pff why get angry?...we should be applauding the man....we all know we play better when we are written off.

The last thing we needs is Journalists lumping on the bandwagon....all it does it build un-necessary expectation and pressure. Ever heard the term "to fly under the radar" ? Wink Wink Wink

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Skids wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

What a load of garbage. You're saying it's a new game plan, implemented and perfected in a couple of weeks that has 2 wins in a row?

You could tell in the first 5 minutes of the Cats game that the boys were 'on'.
Play with the same intensity and we'll smash the puppies too.

Give up your hate Bucks diatribe, you're only going to get more pie on ya face Wink

I didnt say a totally new gameplan. I said a change in gameplan. And a pretty significant change at that. Not zoning as much and going man on man. Getting more numbers close to the stoppage. And then there are changes in coaching method (i.e. Taking control of training and instructing a young playing group "5%" more). I'm not saying anything that Buckley hasn't admitted. I'm just not buying the simplistic spin that its all a result of "player effort".

If it was all about player effort, why change coaching method by 5%? Why go man on man more? Why get more numbers in close at stoppages?

I'm not going to deny the first 7 rounds happened just cause the coaches lifted their game in the last two weeks. The first 7 rounds will most likely cost us a finals spot.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

And as I've previously stated, appears the same game plan from the NAB cup, better implemented.

If you're so desperately need to have that inside knowledge then I'd suggest a resume at the CFC is the first step.

I suggest a visit to spec savers would be appropriate for you Jackcass.
Of course, only you have the correct view on the game plan.
Must be so boring being completely correct everyday.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 pm

RE: Bucks on 360

I loved what he did two weeks ago and predicted a form turnaround.

Unfortunately what i heard last night leads me to predict another form reversal.

Why doesn't he just give players the credit for wins and blame himself for losses. I thought we had a new Bucks but last night he just reverted to FIGJAM type.

I hope Im wrong.

But he mentioned at 3/4 time he heard some player say its ours to lose, and went on to say how he corrected him and told the group they have to go for the win. That's fine and great. But why does he constantly feel the need to sprout it in the media, he can't help himself.

Sorry guys - he is not yet the coach we need.
Maybe 5 more years it will be kicked out of him once and for all - maybe not !
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:40 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Damien wrote:

If you're so desperately need to have that inside knowledge then I'd suggest a resume at the CFC is the first step.

I suggest a visit to spec savers would be appropriate for you Jackcass.
Of course, only you have the correct view on the game plan.
Must be so boring being completely correct everyday.

“We made a couple of alterations and our midfield became more prolific with their quantities … We were a bit like a chameleon I suppose – you just have to keep changing". Luke Beveridge on Bulldogs changes to their gameplan since losing suckling, murphy and johannison to injury.

Guess its all just about "player effort" at whitten oval and the gameplan doesn't need constant attention, scrutiny or adjustment.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: