Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will make the 8

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm
Post subject: We will make the 8Reply with quote

OK, let's be frank, after such a disastrous start to our season, having the media sabotage our round 1 game with the drugs fiasco, then coping with a massive injury list and loss of key players, most pundits would say we are no chance to make the 8 from where we now sit on the ladder.

However, by my reckoning we only need to win 8 of our remaining 13 games to finish with 12 wins which should be enough to get us there. I think we'll win 9. Obviously we'll know more about our chances if we can beat the Dogs this week.

The next question is which team is most likely to drop out of the 8 to make way for us. I'm tipping we'll push Hawthorn out when we beat them in round 23. Go Pies!
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We will need to beat the Dogs and Hawthorn this year to have a genuine crack I'd say.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Having a lousy start makes it hard. Basically can't drop more than 2 games.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Yeah, not sure we're a genuine threat this year but making the final 8 would certainly be a tonic for supporters. But then again, we'd have to have played well to get there so if we do, who knows!
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:03 pm

My tip is Adelaide or West Coast for my liking.

I think 6 of the top 8 are a lock unless something dramatic happens, so I think it's for the bottom two spots.

Hawthorn are too good to let this season slide. They might fall a little, but I think they will still be top eight.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Ok being frank. No I don't think we will make the 8.

I don't think we will win enough games, if I stay optimistic and we actually do beat just the teams we should have already this is how it will likely pan out.

Bulldogs- loss
Power- Win
Melbourne - Win
Dockers - Win
Carlton - win
Giants SPO- Loss
Adelaide AO - Loss
North - Loss
west coast- Loss
Richmond - Win
Bulldogs- Loss
Suns - Win ES WTF??
Hawthorn- Loss

That's 6 more wins to give us a grand total of 10 wins. Sad

Prove me wrong pies - start with the western welfare this week end.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Culprit wrote:

So you're saying we'll have to win 15 games to make the 8? Rolling Eyes
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:12 pm

It will be tough from here, but is certainly possible. Our best is good enough to beat anyone (I think), the real question is how often we can play at or close to our best because we will need to do that to win most of the remaining games. Big ask for such a young group, but certainly possible.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:22 pm
Post subject: Re: We will make the 8Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, let's be frank, after such a disastrous start to our season, having the media sabotage our round 1 game with the drugs fiasco, then coping with a massive injury list and loss of key players, most pundits would say we are no chance to make the 8 from where we now sit on the ladder.

However, by my reckoning we only need to win 8 of our remaining 13 games to finish with 12 wins which should be enough to get us there. I think we'll win 9. Obviously we'll know more about our chances if we can beat the Dogs this week.

The next question is which team is most likely to drop out of the 8 to make way for us. I'm tipping we'll push Hawthorn out when we beat them in round 23. Go Pies!

I did the AFL ladder predictor. Crows Cats and Hawks finished 6th, 7th and 8th with 15 wins. Now, allow for 2 shock or upset losses for either of those three clubs and 8th gets in on 13 wins. Think we'll need to win 9 from 13 to be a chance to sneak in. If were good enough we'll win 9. If not, we'll probably just regret the stk, melb and carlton losses a tad more.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Just take it one week at a time
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Nah I think he's close to it there, 14 wins minimum to get 8th this year, and maybe 15. It's got to do with Essendon, Lions, Dockers and Suns all being uncompetitive this year.

usually there's only 1-2 sides with 5 wins or less, this year there will be at least 3 which just adds extra wins to the 7th and 8th placed teams.

We won't play finals, and it's all due to starting 2-5, but we can decide who does make it, especially looking at our last 5-6 games.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:55 pm

mattys123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Nah I think he's close to it there, 14 wins minimum to get 8th this year, and maybe 15. It's got to do with Essendon, Lions, Dockers and Suns all being uncompetitive this year.

usually there's only 1-2 sides with 5 wins or less, this year there will be at least 3 which just adds extra wins to the 7th and 8th placed teams.

We won't play finals, and it's all due to starting 2-5, but we can decide who does make it, especially looking at our last 5-6 games.

You guys may be right, and maths is certainly not my strong point, but if you win more games than you lose, doesn't that automatically position you in the top half of the ladder? Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd be shocked if 13 wins weren't enough to make 8th. Anyway, we'll know at the end of the season.
1892_ 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:08 pm

13 wins should be enough for 8th place, however with our percentage currently poor unless we smash more than a few sides we'd need another one.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

You guys may be right, and maths is certainly not my strong point, but if you win more games than you lose, doesn't that automatically position you in the top half of the ladder? Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd be shocked if 13 wins weren't enough to make 8th. Anyway, we'll know at the end of the season.

8th since 2010

2015 - North 13 W 9 L
2014 - Tigers 12 W 10 L
2013 - Port 12 W 10 L (Wada's finest got banned with 14-8 record)
2012 - North 14 W 8 L
2011 - Essendon 11 W 10 L 1 D
2010 - Blues 11 W 11 L

13 at minimum to make it this year. More likely 14.

Hawks home run - lions, demons, essendon, north, suns, port, swans, tigers, blues, demons, north, west coast and pies.

Might split north and demons. Tigers and pies might be touch and go. Port did beat them last year.

Swans and west coast away they are no chance on current form.

At a minimum I see at least 7 wins for HFC to come
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:45 pm

^ You know what shits me the most with the Hawthorn v Pies game... R23 is the first time we play them. Now I don't mind leaving the Hawks to what may be a scrap match... but man, we shouldn't have to wait to R23 to play a team first.

I just don't want that game to be a 'we need to win to make the eight'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: