Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Stories - Side by Side - Black & White

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
On a serious note cam, anyone that knows you and knows what you write will have understood it in a non malicious context.

After Cam explained what he meant, I understood what he was saying and there was no malicious intent behind his post.

I must admit his opening post did raise eyebrows when I first read it and before he properly explained in detail what he was saying. However, I can see how someone could easily misinterpret what he posted hence TP taking offence initially.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:38 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
So you're reflecting your hubby and he's reflecting his brother. Fair call, I get that, but why put it on a kid who doesn't have anyone dying or fighting cancer ATM? That'll come further in his life, he'll have to deal with it then. Why should he be told he should be upset over someone he doesn't know and doesn't care about?

Actually I'm not reflecting anyone, I have always been this way. It's just my nature.

The real problem I have is his reply.

"Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter son, answer: not really".

Do we really need that tag?

How about using it as a learning tool for a kid growing up? Such as," you don't have to care about him personally, but it's good the awareness gets out there that cancer can take down anyone." One day that kid will lose someone close, even if only through old age, why not learn a few life skills along the way, by allowing a bit of compassion for someone they are not emotionally invested in?

And quite frankly, such a disgusting statement on the general footy page of a Collingwood forum is an embarrassment. We are not all like that. Do a poll, see how many true Collingwood supporters speak like that!

ALL people with cancer are equal, does not matter if they are celebreties or what, everyone is equal with this horrid illness. I feel for all of em, and I honestly thought, with all the billions poured into it, we would have had a cure for it by now, yes, progress is being made with cures, remissions, but one would think with the hundreds of billions of dollars poured into it, wed have a cure for it by now. Cant figure that one out. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:39 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
So you're reflecting your hubby and he's reflecting his brother. Fair call, I get that, but why put it on a kid who doesn't have anyone dying or fighting cancer ATM? That'll come further in his life, he'll have to deal with it then. Why should he be told he should be upset over someone he doesn't know and doesn't care about?

Actually I'm not reflecting anyone, I have always been this way. It's just my nature.

The real problem I have is his reply.

"Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter son, answer: not really".

Do we really need that tag?

How about using it as a learning tool for a kid growing up? Such as," you don't have to care about him personally, but it's good the awareness gets out there that cancer can take down anyone." One day that kid will lose someone close, even if only through old age, why not learn a few life skills along the way, by allowing a bit of compassion for someone they are not emotionally invested in?

And quite frankly, such a disgusting statement on the general footy page of a Collingwood forum is an embarrassment. We are not all like that. Do a poll, see how many true Collingwood supporters speak like that!

ALL people with cancer are equal, does not matter if they are celebreties or what, everyone is equal with this horrid illness. I feel for all of em, and I honestly thought, with all the billions poured into it, we would have had a cure for it by now, yes, progress is being made with cures, remissions, but one would think with the hundreds of billions of dollars poured into it, wed have a cure for it by now. Cant figure that one out. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
duke750 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:20 am

As a person, I hope Roughie gets over his cancer.

As a Collingwood supporter, I hope Roughie gets over his cancer. My mind goes back to how Hawthorn reacted to Peter Crimmins' cancer in 1976. We certainly don't need them to gain any extra incentive this year - given we are likely not going to be in a position to stop them in Sept.

But really, there is no difference between me as a person and me as a Collingwood supporter. I don't flick a switch and have a different set of empathies or values - just a white-line passion when footy is played. I want the opposition to fumble, mis-kick, drop marks etc. I want us to outplay them. I don't wish any permanent harm to any opposition players, even Carlton, Melbourne or Brisbane.

I would hope that the concept of "Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter" as portrayed in this post went by the wayside at the end of the 1950s.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:08 am

/\ in a nutshell, both posts above, cheers
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:10 am

Describe your surroundings.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 am

Let's be blunt. If Roughie were a Collingwood player, his present sad circumstances would have a large number of posters criticising the decision to draft him and another large number of posters blaming the fitness staff.

Get well, Roughie - and Cam, keep punching.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:04 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Let's be blunt. If Roughie were a Collingwood player, his present sad circumstances would have a large number of posters criticising the decision to draft him and another large number of posters blaming the fitness staff.

absolute crap, why do you stick the boot into Nicksters at every opportunity? If you hate this board so much, why are you even here?

We are getting tired of your smartarse comments
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Yep, lost my mother to breast cancer and got a close mate in the battle for his life at the moment so don't find it all that humorous a topic for conversation. Can completely understand some of the reaction. But I think we all take ourselves just a tad too serious on occasions and see unintended meaning to some posts, guilty of it myself. Not directed at any individual, just a general observation.

Wish all people battling cancer the speediest of recoveries, Roughie no more or less so than the thousands of others in the fight.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm

All the best to Roughead, from the outside seems like a pretty good bloke too.
And indeed, all the best to EVERYONE affected by the horrible C.

Don't stress Cam, I think most of us got your meaning, I knew how you meant it.
The wording may have been a bit raw for some, fair enough.....

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

absolute crap, why do you stick the boot into Nicksters at every opportunity? If you hate this board so much, why are you even here?

We are getting tired of your smartarse comments

I think your comments are unfair but, really, duck - water - back. I take it, though, if you're directing this vitriol at me that you probably didn't read through the following gems, eg, all started on Nick's within about the last fortnight (if you had, you would have understood exactly where I was coming from and what point I was making)?

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79872

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79700

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79917

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79920

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79817

Alternatively, perhaps you may have been feeling a touch to a nerve because of posts like your ones here?

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79681&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 pm

A girl I work with just finished her Uni course with Roughy's then girlfriend now wife.

Apparently they are as nice a couple as you could ever meet.

I like nice people, no matter who they support or play for and I never want to see anyone like that go through something like this. I wish him all the best and if he came out and kicked 10 against us one day I wouldn't mind one bit because it would mean he's beaten this kunt of a thing.

With football there's always next week, next year whatever. With cancer we don't know if there is either.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Flashman wrote:
A girl I work with just finished her Uni course with Roughy's then girlfriend now wife.

Apparently they are as nice a couple as you could ever meet.

I like nice people, no matter who they support or play for and I never want to see anyone like that go through something like this. I wish him all the best and if he came out and kicked 10 against us one day I wouldn't mind one bit because it would mean he's beaten this kunt of a thing.

With football there's always next week, next year whatever. With cancer we don't know if there is either.

Ain't that the truth. Xxxxx

May this sad thread now disappear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: