Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Stories - Side by Side - Black & White

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sack Buckley thread gets closed and up pops this priceless gem.
Im speechless but feeling somehow ashamed to be a Nicks member, a pies supporter, an australian, a member of the human race.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:41 pm

^Oh I couldn't let that get through. From Page 1 of the Sack Buckley Thread.

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Ill tell you when the rot started.

It was the PF after the McCarthy funeral.
The lead up and the response.

It let everyone know, the players, the board, the opposition, the media and the coaching group what the fundamentals are.

"Winning isn't important right now"

YES stick the fork in and pull it out quick

Priceless.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:44 pm

What a game, played on pure heart, who can forget the players embracing at the end. I cried. Still makes me cry if I see it now.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:46 pm

think positive wrote:
And life is hard enough without having to read such heartless bullshit. Teaching a 12 year old that" **** em he ain't Collingwood " is a really pathetic life skill. "

But he didn't say **** him he ain't Collingwood. Why should a kid be encouraged to care about people they don't know and don't care about in general?

Yeah, you can care about people in general and want what's best for the poor and impoverished but I'm sorry, when the cancer eventually gets Roughy I won't be tearing up over it. He'll just be one more person I didn't know who got £$%$ed by a %$^%$£$% of a disease.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:19 pm

He said "spoken like a true Collingwood supporter".

My daughter and I would never speak lie that, are we not true Collingwood supporters?

#notinmyname

My hubby used to be the same, even after his diagnosis, but now it's his brother, he has a whole new attitude. and he tearedup about roughie, he hates football, he just sees another man going through this cruel disease.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:28 pm

So you're reflecting your hubby and he's reflecting his brother. Fair call, I get that, but why put it on a kid who doesn't have anyone dying or fighting cancer ATM? That'll come further in his life, he'll have to deal with it then. Why should he be told he should be upset over someone he doesn't know and doesn't care about?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So you're reflecting your hubby and he's reflecting his brother. Fair call, I get that, but why put it on a kid who doesn't have anyone dying or fighting cancer ATM? That'll come further in his life, he'll have to deal with it then. Why should he be told he should be upset over someone he doesn't know and doesn't care about?

Actually I'm not reflecting anyone, I have always been this way. It's just my nature.

The real problem I have is his reply.

"Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter son, answer: not really".

Do we really need that tag?

How about using it as a learning tool for a kid growing up? Such as," you don't have to care about him personally, but it's good the awareness gets out there that cancer can take down anyone." One day that kid will lose someone close, even if only through old age, why not learn a few life skills along the way, by allowing a bit of compassion for someone they are not emotionally invested in?

And quite frankly, such a disgusting statement on the general footy page of a Collingwood forum is an embarrassment. We are not all like that. Do a poll, see how many true Collingwood supporters speak like that!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 pm

What the f#$#$

I didn't include the rest of the conversation both before and afterwards about cancer and what a bitch it is.. because I was trying to highlight a streak that Collingwood is known for. He started a conversation, not ended it. Jesus save us all. Mind you, that streak won us 13 flags, and if you don't think the Hawks have that streak... you are dreaming. I was referring to the onfield side NOT the off-field ramifications.

OF COURSE as a human blah blah blah its bad etc and we are sorry about that young man's life etc etc Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad. Terrible even. I don't mind kittens but we all said we were happy that we 'smashed the cats'...

BUT is Collingwood meant to care about the fortune of Hawthorn players when its to do with ONFIELD success? There are two types of players, those on the field and those not. Whilst I am saddened, we all are, at Roughheads plight at a human level, at a football level, well, I'm happy Hawthorn is weaker. I hope the boy wins his battle. Sincerely.

Last edited by Cam on Sun May 22, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Fairy Nuff. Not going to fight with you over this. I know I'm an unemotive cnut and you're the polar opposite so lets just play on.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 pm

with collingwood winning we're running out of things to be outraged at.

on a serious note cam, anyone that knows you and knows what you write will have understood it in a non malicious context.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:59 pm

Quote:
Dave there is a massive difference between not caring and laughing at his predicament. And advertising this on a website is just that. How would you feel if it was a story about his child born with Aspergers disease and people were saying who gives a ****? They may not, but is it necessary to say it?

That would not Surprise me at all. There was a Story on a Kid Born With Aspergers would not make Non- Family and Friends to have a Huge Care Factor.

Cancer and Aspergers is Miles Different and can't be really used in that Situation

Quote:
And certainly DO NOT say it in MY name.

"Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter".

I don't think so.

Sometimes the footy community comes together on an issue, supports each other.

A coach tragically killed by his son last year, for example. That's the good in footy. Games are not just about winning and losing. They are about community, sportsmanship, team effort. I'm Collingwood to the core, but I love AFL with a passion. Without other teams there is no sport, and that needs to be respected.

I think he went the Wrong Way to Explain it.

Change the Word Care to Effect and sounds very Different

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Well I guess I took it the wrong way then. Because to the outsider, who doesn't know cam, it's a pretty callous statement. And no, I don't think Collingwood supporters are known for that, and I don't want them to be.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
Dave there is a massive difference between not caring and laughing at his predicament. And advertising this on a website is just that. How would you feel if it was a story about his child born with Aspergers disease and people were saying who gives a ****? They may not, but is it necessary to say it?

That would not Surprise me at all. There was a Story on a Kid Born With Aspergers would not make Non- Family and Friends to have a Huge Care Factor.

Cancer and Aspergers is Miles Different and can't be really used in that Situation

Quote:

I don't think so.

A coach tragically killed by his son last year, for example. That's the good in footy. Games are not just about winning and losing. They are about community, sportsmanship, team effort. I'm Collingwood to the core, but I love AFL with a passion. Without other teams there is no sport, and that needs to be respected.

Great post Dave.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:03 pm

John Wren wrote:
with collingwood winning we're running out of things to be outraged at.

on a serious note cam, anyone that knows you and knows what you write will have understood it in a non malicious context.

Spot on. Think Postive has gone thru Hell with Cancer so I can see why she took Offense to it

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 pm

think positive wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think so.

Great post Dave.

Thanks Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: